• Hindu

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 17 8.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No. The sun does not rise per se. Figuratively yes, literally - absolutely not.

dont you love the bible?
12Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "O sun, stand still at Gibeon, And O moon in the valley of Aijalon."

you are less abusive than the Procrastinator, i will give you that.

no point being abusive though, doesn't achieve anything.
I enjoy a bit of ball busting but that's about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no point being abusive though, doesn't achieve anything.
I enjoy a bit of ball busting but that's about it
agree with that, as long we can agree to disagree its all good. I try to play the ball, but yeah i admit i do get carried away at times, i dont mean to insult you btw, if i did i apologise.

It's hypocritical for someone to make sweeping statements about child murder etc when supporting the termination of a child's life in the womb don't you think?
No. They're completely different arguments. I could accuse you of being far more hypocritical due to the fact that you justify the brutal murder of thousands of actual babies, yet you oppose the abortion of an embryo.

I'll give you my view. Casual abortion for many reasons including convenience sits rather uncomfortably with me. But that isn't because of the same reason religious apologists oppose it. You lot oppose abortion because it challenges tbe very foundations of your God.

No. They're completely different arguments. I could accuse you of being far more hypocritical due to the fact that you justify the brutal murder of thousands of actual babies, yet you oppose the abortion of an embryo.

I'll give you my view. Casual abortion for many reasons including convenience sits rather uncomfortably with me. But that isn't because of the same reason religious apologists oppose it. You lot oppose abortion because it challenges tbe very foundations of your God.

I oppose it because it is infanticide

But the geneocide of Canaanite infants you don't oppose because God said to kill them? o_O

I look at it and realise it was a brutal brutal world.
I also understand the context in why it was done as uncomfortable to me it may be

I look at it and realise it was a brutal brutal world.
I also understand the context in why it was done as uncomfortable to me it may be
And the way I look at it is that "to the victor go the spoils" with those spoils being obvious. Only the winners get to write history. It'd suck if you were wrong and the OT was a pile of s**t written by the winners to justify their despicable brutality.

Back