• Hindu

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 17 8.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because I said life is what you make of it doesn't mean it has to be a me-centric purpose THS.

What if you decide your meaning/purpose or at least part of it is helping the less fortunate, community work, charity etc.? There are also plenty of careers whose main focus is helping others. IMO making the world a better place starts within ie. the individual working on making themselves fulfilled and happy as they will then be more effective when spreading the love.
Life is not what you make of it
Life dictatates to you what you can make of it

you don't have the kind of independence over life...

yes!

and what's that mean exactly?

matter less vacuum?

explain how this is matter less when we know there are virtual particles

I need to hear this

PS if the virtual particles are nothing why are we talking about them and studying them?

go on

explain!

yeah I didn't remember the name of part particles

but seeing you know what all this is about

explain them as no matter

that's what you said.. no matter!

Jesus christ, virtual particles are just quantum fluctuations which CAN TURN into matter, its called CASIMIR EFFECT WHEN IT TURNS INTO MATTER.. FFS!

Please show me a research paper where it states vacuum contains matter. Do you even know what zero point energy is? Do you know what Heisenberg stated about zero point energy in his uncertainty principle? you are just ********ting again.
mate if we're even talking about virtual particles we know they're there

yes or no?

now you're going to say that virtual particles are not real

if they're not real how are we studying them and following things that don't exist disappear and appear?

I'm not the scientist!

you are;

I think it's an opportunity to educate us

mate if we're even talking about virtual particles we know they're there

yes or no?

now you're going to say that virtual particles are not real

if they're not real how are we studying them and following things that don't exist disappear and appear?

I'm not the scientist!

you are;

I think it's an opportunity to educate us

Do you even know what you are talking about? what are virtual particles in Heisenbergs uncertainty principle? what mathematical symbol does it represent and what is its value?

A virtual particle is not a particle at all. It refers precisely to a disturbance in a field that is not a particle. A particle is a nice, regular ripple in a field, one that can travel smoothly and effortlessly through space, like a clear tone of a bell moving through the air. A “virtual particle”, generally, is a disturbance in a field that will never be found on its own, but instead is something that is caused by the presence of other particles, often of other fields.

https://profmattstrassler.com/artic...ysics-basics/virtual-particles-what-are-they/

And there lies your bullshitery. TheHeatleyStand , get a basic understanding of science before googling like a mad man.

quantum fluctuations are not matter, its quantum field theory.

Life is not what you make of it
Life dictatates to you what you can make of it

you don't have the kind of independence over life...
OK, I'll just sit back and let "god" take control..... is that the idea? Are we in your opinion the metaphorical twig floating down the Amazon with no control over where we go?

A vacuum is not nothingness, but it's not matter either. It has quantum fluctuations just like the space in our solar system has GW. These are not matter, you are hellbent on saying something you don't understand but it must be true cause you said so. These lies your hypocrisy, how you must be right despite having no understanding of what heisenberg said you quoted him. My point precisely with you, stick to christianity you know a lot about it, its obvious, anything else, dont kid yourelf, specially science, i am done. I am not getting sucked into a debate with you.

A vacuum is not nothingness, but it's not matter either. It has quantum fluctuations just like the space in our solar system has GW. These are not matter, you are hellbent on saying something you don't understand but it must be true cause you said so. These lies your hypocrisy, how you must be right despite having no understanding of what heisenberg said you quoted him. My point precisely with you, stick to christianity you know a lot about it, its obviously, anything else, dont kid yourelf, specially science, i am done.
of course I don't understand vacuums
so you'll explain examples of perfect natural vacuums

We are all the victims of our environment?

I agree to a certain extent but we can work to improve ourselves and by extension our environment IMO.
our environment at the movement is pretty consumeristic I believe
so you're going to have to live within that

that's what you're saying?

an Amazonian is living in the elements and he's at Mercy of those more raw elements

neither of the two societies had true determination on choosing their environments but must make choices within those environments

our environment at the movement is pretty consumeristic I believe
so you're going to have to live within that

that's what you're saying?

an Amazonian is living in the elements and he's at Mercy of those more raw elements

neither of the two societies had true determination on choosing their environments but must make choices within those environments
Looks like it, I have no grand plan that I can put forward.

I do think our society has swung way to far to the never ending consumption capitalistic model though.

I am doing my bit by living a minimalist lifestyle among other things. If I had to move I could do it in one trip with my Toyota Camry and a large trailer:). We can all do our little bit to promote change on a larger scale, slow process though, probably not in my lifetime. Hopefully one day our society will evolve and embrace it's inherent empathetic nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masala Chai?
Eeew
Nice to have an agreement after several years TP.
In fact, I’ve started teaching myself yoga, YouTube, probably not the best method, but I’m satisfied, not quite meditation and astraling, but it’s a progress of a kind, I think you’ll agree?!👍

Eeew
In fact, I’ve started teaching myself yoga, YouTube, probably not the best method, but I’m satisfied, not quite meditation and astraling, but it’s a progress of a kind, I think you’ll agree?!👍

Proud of ya mate! Btw i know you are intelligent and atheism is a good thing, keep up the skepticism, it's all good. You should be skeptical of what i am telling you, you shouldn't believe anyone or any stories. This is why i ask people to give it a go, what's the worst that can happen? lol better mental health and normal blood pressure LOL

we'll we have never had so many children depressed and suicidal or confused for starters
drugs are now commonplace
we have more and more laws being ushered in by govt to pin down free speech and thought etc

opiates
drugs
depression
hopelessness

you think society today is happier in Australia than the sixties or the seventies?
Opium is really good!
Drugs, which ones, I indulge in many and have a blast with my friends whilst on them.
Depression is a very real problem, I had an old friend ring me recently and tell me that she had to institutionalise herself for fear of self harm, it was very real and painful to hear, she has two children that depend upon her waking up every day and breathing.
Hopelessness?
Of what exactly?
My childhood was in the 70’s and things were much more open, as in less fearful, my folks seemed like they threw parties or attended parties every weekend.
The music was better than this shitty generations.
Music is Crap, to borrow a line from some old mates of mine!

Proud of ya mate! Btw i know you are intelligent and atheism is a good thing, keep up the skepticism, it's all good. You should be skeptical of what i am telling you, you shouldn't believe anyone or any stories. This is why i ask people to give it a go, what's the worst that can happen? lol better mental health and normal blood pressure LOL
Yes, smoking a joint on occasion frees me and missus cc up no end as well.
I’m getting older and being a tradesman and pushing your body day in day out eventually had to catch up.
I like breathing into pain, it’s a funny dichotomy of healthful impact.
Oi and I didn’t appreciate your quip about the blues still being s**t, I think you’ll find that we are in the least, competitive compared to the last 2 seasons!

Yes, smoking a joint on occasion frees me and missus cc up no end as well.
I’m getting older and being a tradesman and pushing your body day in day out eventually had to catch up.
I like breathing into pain, it’s a funny dichotomy of healthful impact.
Oi and I didn’t appreciate your quip about the blues still being ****, I think you’ll find that we are in the least, competitive compared to the last 2 seasons!

Tongue in cheek m8 lol as long as crowbots and pigpies dont win i honestly don't care who does.

Tongue in cheek m8 lol as long as crowbots and pigpies dont win i honestly don't care who does.
I’d like to dream we can finish above the Crows and end up with a superior pick, something tells me by years end there won’t be any real gloating to be had from either side, I don’t think they’re half the team they were in 2017,as evidence suggests.
I’m hoping tonight shows us all whether Port are a premiership contender?

Last edited:
I’d like to dream we can finish above the Crows and end up with a superior pick, something tells me by years end there won’t be any real gloating to be had from either side, I don’t think there half the team they were in 2017,as evidence suggests.
I’m hoping tonight shows us all whether Port are a premiership contender?

You better finish above them, i don't want them to have a top 2 pick please!

are we contenders? hmm i don't think so but we will find out tonight, if we get spanked its back to the drawing boards lol

You better finish above them, i don't want them to have a top 2 pick please!

are we contenders? hmm i don't think so but we will find out tonight, if we get spanked its back to the drawing boards lol
If the kids light it up, who knows, the bombers played two different styles against them and the second one almost paid dividends and if a cupla decisions reversed, they wouldn’t have had to go on a boofest!

Eeew
I've been doing the Bikram version of Yoga for about 9-10 months now, love it, really gives you a feeling of well being and suppleness. Meditation on and off for years, being really keen on it comes in waves, no epiphany yet though.

I've been doing the Bikram version of Yoga for about 9-10 months now, love it, really gives you a feeling of well being and suppleness. Meditation on and off for years, being really keen on it comes in waves, no epiphany yet though.
One of missus cc’s best mates was a yoga teacher, she’s nicked off to live in the West after her marriage failed, I would have liked to get her to show me a few techniques.

One of missus cc’s best mates was a yoga teacher, she’s nicked off to live in the West after her marriage failed, I would have liked to get her to show me a few techniques.
A Yoga class has a lot of sexual energy, at least the one I go to has, during the week being retired I go to a 9.30am class and it's usually only me and some yummy mummies.

Back