Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal trainers with no spatial awareness (or they just don't care) are the worst.

Chuck all this random equipment they will get their client to use once in front of the squat rack.
Sit on machines with their phones while their clients are doing something else. I will stop here.

It's always packed when I train however it's always the same regulars. We've somehow managed to all synch our workouts to the point we'd all be doing supersets with no overlap for an hour then all rush off to work.

It's very zen. Until the PTs * it up.

Personal trainers with no spatial awareness (or they just don't care) are the worst.

Chuck all this random equipment they will get their client to use once in front of the squat rack.
Sit on machines with their phones while their clients are doing something else. I will stop here.

It's always packed when I train however it's always the same regulars. We've somehow managed to all synch our workouts to the point we'd all be doing supersets with no overlap for an hour then all rush off to work.

It's very zen. Until the PTs **** it up.

Pretty cool that yourself and regulars are respectfully of each other's sessions.

I think in regards to PTs a lot of them don't give a flying FCK to others because they are making money and when they carry on the way you do suggests the kind of human being they are. Ie. money is their priority and not being semi aware that their behaviour could upset others is irrelevant.

Pretty cool that yourself and regulars are respectfully of each other's sessions.

I think in regards to PTs a lot of them don't give a flying FCK to others because they are making money and when they carry on the way you do suggests the kind of human being they are. Ie. money is their priority and not being semi aware that their behaviour could upset others is irrelevant.
They treat the gym as a workplace, whereas we treat it as the place to do a workout and leave without delay, so what might feel like a tiny inconvenience to them (waiting for a piece of machinery to be free) is incredibly annoying to us because we feel like we're just wasting time.

Most of the trainers at my gym are pretty good, although we have a seperated area with power racks/matrixes/dl platforms and often the trainers will hog 2 or 3 areas for one client. Usually they're willing to let you use the areas if you ask though.

Had a dude throw a bunch of plates the other night, someone had put a few 5's and 2.5's on the same rack as a 10, the guy wanted the 10 so instead of taking the smaller weights off and putting them on another part of the rack he just pulled the 10 off and let everything fall 5ft to the ground. 2 trainers in the immediate area didn't say s**t to him.

They treat the gym as a workplace, whereas we treat it as the place to do a workout and leave without delay, so what might feel like a tiny inconvenience to them (waiting for a piece of machinery to be free) is incredibly annoying to us because we feel like we're just wasting time.

Most of the trainers at my gym are pretty good, although we have a seperated area with power racks/matrixes/dl platforms and often the trainers will hog 2 or 3 areas for one client. Usually they're willing to let you use the areas if you ask though.

Had a dude throw a bunch of plates the other night, someone had put a few 5's and 2.5's on the same rack as a 10, the guy wanted the 10 so instead of taking the smaller weights off and putting them on another part of the rack he just pulled the 10 off and let everything fall 5ft to the ground. 2 trainers in the immediate area didn't say s**t to him.
It's more that they pay rent to be there, so they feel they shouldn't have to follow rules or clean up s**t, because they pay x amount more than everyone else.

they were probably scared of mr roid

A guy at my gym likes to tell me 3+ minute multiple stories between my sets.

FFS, gym time is for quick 30seconds comments/suggestions/thoughts between sets, not long winded stories. It shits me but I feel bad to say anything. The only reason I don't say much is that it's my second leg day for the week, I'm just grateful to have got my arse out of bed to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try hard little ****** dropping his 100kg barbell when doing shrugs.

Big tough guy was pulling off the rack too, couldn't even dead it off the floor.

Impressing nobody but himself

Shrugs are for dudes who don't deadlift, so makes sense he couldn't lift the bar properly..

+ what's with deadlifters who can't complete the lift and need to drop the weight?

Try hard little ****** dropping his 100kg barbell when doing shrugs.

Big tough guy was pulling off the rack too, couldn't even dead it off the floor.

Impressing nobody but himself

Might have been doing rack pulls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly these days you see so many campaigners doing so many weird and wonderful moves in the gym I have no idea what the fck they are doing.

When did doing the basics go out the door??? ffs.

No he was doing sets of 5-8 shrugs and then dropping the weight on to the rack from standing height when his reps were done.

Even if he was doing rack pulls don't drop the weight on the rack. If I see him in the gym again I'm going to notify a PT, it's dangerous, stupid attention seeking behaviour.

After he'd finished his shrugs he used the same squat rack to do some barbell shoulder press, was slamming the barbell back into the rack on those too
question. i feel the evolution of "strength" has moved once again. i reckon it was about bench pressing, then deadlifts. Now i see more and more people doing chin ups.

what do you think?
I hope so, I'm awesome at chin ups and pull ups. Looking forward to cashing in some much needed cred :)

No he was doing sets of 5-8 shrugs and then dropping the weight on to the rack from standing height when his reps were done.

Even if he was doing rack pulls don't drop the weight on the rack. If I see him in the gym again I'm going to notify a PT, it's dangerous, stupid attention seeking behaviour.

After he'd finished his shrugs he used the same squat rack to do some barbell shoulder press, was slamming the barbell back into the rack on those too

I hope so, I'm awesome at chin ups and pull ups. Looking forward to cashing in some much needed cred :)
Dropping it into a rack? What a toolbag. I hope the next time he does that it bounces off and lands on his foot

Everyone should be doing chins/pulls...

i cant do them. tried but never succeeded.

by extension, my gym shows many videos of people doing human flagpoles and floating step thingys on parralel bars etc

question. i feel the evolution of "strength" has moved once again. i reckon it was about bench pressing, then deadlifts. Now i see more and more people doing chin ups.

what do you think?
I agree on chins/pull ups. I think there's several reasons behind it. One is the proliferation of calisthenics videos on YouTube - both for the jaw drop and how to's. Now I have respect for Powerlifters, they warm up with weights I'll never lift, but those doing muscles up, levers, flags are both strong and asthetic and it's a goal I can aim towards and progressively reach doing various moves. And a big deadlift or squat is impressive, but it's not as cool to watch as those routines for most people.

I'd also add in the appeal that being bodyweight (outside weighted pull ups), it's a level playing field, not the biggest guy wins, being relative strength, not absolute.

I agree on chins/pull ups. I think there's several reasons behind it. One is the proliferation of calisthenics videos on YouTube - both for the jaw drop and how to's. Now I have respect for Powerlifters, they warm up with weights I'll never lift, but those doing muscles up, levers, flags are both strong and asthetic and it's a goal I can aim towards and progressively reach doing various moves. And a big deadlift or squat is impressive, but it's not as cool to watch as those routines for most people.

I'd also add in the appeal that being bodyweight (outside weighted pull ups), it's a level playing field, not the biggest guy wins, being relative strength, not absolute.

calisthenics yeah that's it! heaps of those played at the gym. its really transfixing. one time i was sitting down doing shoulder presses when i looked up and saw this guy do floating steps. i found my feet and legs start moving in the same way!

what do you think?
Back in the day it was military press (before even bench)!

Weighted chins are where it's at for more experienced lifters. Most AFL players use a 20kg plate when doings chins/pull ups.

As an aside our gym has a monthly competition - this month it's Ab rollouts. Did a set of 30 to finish a workout yesterday then walking past the board I would have been leading this month if I did one more. D'oh.

Back in the day it was military press (before even bench)!

Weighted chins are where it's at for more experienced lifters. Most AFL players use a 20kg plate when doings chins/pull ups.

As an aside our gym has a monthly competition - this month it's Ab rollouts. Did a set of 30 to finish a workout yesterday then walking past the board I would have been leading this month if I did one more. D'oh.

chin up, try again!

i have an ingrowing fingernail that prohibits me from lifting heavy stuff. Last night I tried but the pain was too great and I stopped. My hands are soft, not ideal for dishwashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back