Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old mate roids walks in today. Headphones on walks over to a bench drops his s**t next to it, the shouts "let's do this mother goose" and proceeds to bench 90kgs

Thank God for the gun laws in this Country! I am all for a bit of self talk but sheesh!

Honestly, I'd feel a bit creepy and like I'm interfering with their workout and life if I just randomly started chatting to some girl in the gym. I'd still feel like their reaction would be "Yeah, I'm not here for that". It just feels so obvious, and kind of predatory. If it goes badly as well, you'd feel weird about going back and possibly running into them again. You don't want to be "that guy" or have a reputation, getting weird looks or having a complaint made about you to management, especially if they're a regular who has friends there. I don't really feel like I'm looking or feeling my best in sweaty gym gear, either.

I guess some people just have the confidence and aren't that self-conscious that they can pull it off, but I'd want some sort of sign of interest (even just a look or casual "hello" or smile) from them before I'd do it I'd say.

Its worst for old farts - it just looks ******* ordinary! Also we are there to work out baby!

Would you ask the kid behind the counter at mini golf how to become a pro player?

Out of the best 20-30 powerlifting coaches in Australia, I reckon there's only one or 2 with a Cert 4. A few have ex science, a few more have just done the weekend S&C cert for insurance purposes, the other dozen have no formal qualifications lol
The best part is they require the student to (poorly) program exercises they haven't been shown how to teach or even perform correctly
I don't know if I've posted this opinion here, but I honestly believe the minimum education level for an actual personal trainer should be bachelor level. With a cert 4 or diploma in "exercise instruction" for people working on the gym floor

Its exactly the same as cops - considering the irreparable damage they can do is a Bachelor's too much to expect?

"I've lost two percent body fat in the last week. I'm down to 10%. I think it was mainly water though"

I remember I started an 8 week challenge at my gym, the manager there asked me if I wanted one of the trainers to help me with a diet plan and that he helped her lose 3kgs of body fat in just 2 weeks. I wanted to call bullshit, but just smiled politely.

I remember I started an 8 week challenge at my gym, the manager there asked me if I wanted one of the trainers to help me with a diet plan and that he helped her lose 3kgs of body fat in just 2 weeks. I wanted to call bullshit, but just smiled politely.

How much clen trainer make her take?

How much clen trainer make her take?

Haha, she wouldn't of taken any but probably ate 800 calories a day and under 50g carb and watched the "water weight" drop off. I have no doubt she lost 3kgs in two weeks but nowhere near 3kg of "just body fat"

Talking about clen reminds me of a story of my friend from ~5 years ago
I don't know if it was clen specifically he was taking, but based on Dexa he lost 5-6kg of fat in a fortnight
I remember him telling me he was drinking 5-6 litres of fluid a day, and even in winter he'd have the AC on, be in his undies and still absolutely drenched in sweat
He was scared shitless he was going to die at the time but can laugh about it in hindsight (and has never done anything similar again lol)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And no you don't need 6 ******* Dumbbells you old moron

Can someone explain to me the logic of putting a treadmill on 3kmh walking while doing 30 seconds hammer curls 30 seconds rest 30 seconds shoulder press 30 seconds rest for 30 minutes

Can someone explain to me the logic of putting a treadmill on 3kmh walking while doing 30 seconds hammer curls 30 seconds rest 30 seconds shoulder press 30 seconds rest for 30 minutes

Time efficacy?

Stupid campaigner at my gym this morning. Set up his bench seat central to two squat racks essentially blocking access to use them. Bloke comes along and asks if he could move, all he did was move his bench back so he freed up one squat rack and completely blocked the other. What's worse he is doing a circuit so the bench seat is vacant for 10-12 mins at a time.....gym isn't busy so there is plenty of room to move

Not necessarily in the gym. But why the * do trainers ask for advice well outside their qualifications on FB? "I have a client who has just come back from major surgery, and they have some secondary conditions from it. How do I do a program for them?"
If you have to ask on FB you aren't qualified to be working with them you dumb campaigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back