Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta laugh at people who say they don't want to look too bulky. As long as you keep your bf% down in the single digits or low teens, the only way you can look too bulky is by juicing.

Natty life = be huge or be shredded. Can't be both.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

You occasionally hear at the gym or read on here "I don't want to get to big"

No natty gets to big, just to fat

Long time reader of this thread, always been good for a laugh. Never really had much to complain about until yesterday.
Some bloke doing some horrendous circuit training, I'm doing chest about to jump on the decline bench and he is there doing crunches on it.
Made even worse by the fact all of the 8 or so adjustable benches were completely free and he actually had to walk past them to get the decline bench. I waited until he was done with his set and just did mine, didn't have time for that rubbish.

Long time reader of this thread, always been good for a laugh. Never really had much to complain about until yesterday.
Some bloke doing some horrendous circuit training, I'm doing chest about to jump on the decline bench and he is there doing crunches on it.
Made even worse by the fact all of the 8 or so adjustable benches were completely free and he actually had to walk past them to get the decline bench. I waited until he was done with his set and just did mine, didn't have time for that rubbish.

Thats the thing, sure you can say something but it causes unnecessary potential tension in a place where it should be time to only hit weights and nothing else.

At my gym we have chick that does aerobic exercises in the weights area.

Knobs who use a bench to elevate their feet in the weights room doing push ups. It's a barbell bench too. *s sake

Thats the thing, sure you can say something but it causes unnecessary potential tension in a place where it should be time to only hit weights and nothing else.

Idk I know a lt of crazy dudes that almost need that tension to train (granted they're all competing bodybuilders, strongmen or powerlifters and not average Joes)

A lot of the folklore/mythical guys from pre-Instagram like Dave Tate, Wendler, Matt Kroc etc all came from rough childhoods of abuse etc etc and started lifting to 1) protect themselves and 2) take out their anger

Even myself, playing footy I hated it when my opponent shook my hand before a game cos I'd feel bad about giving him a clip over the ears when he was going for a mark or a cheapy at the bottom of a pack

Idk I know a lt of crazy dudes that almost need that tension to train (granted they're all competing bodybuilders, strongmen or powerlifters and not average Joes)

A lot of the folklore/mythical guys from pre-Instagram like Dave Tate, Wendler, Matt Kroc etc all came from rough childhoods of abuse etc etc and started lifting to 1) protect themselves and 2) take out their anger

Depends on your goals I guess. Yes if your into powerlifting esp most definitely having that tension can be a positive for some.

Depends on your goals I guess. Yes if your into powerlifting esp most definitely having that tension can be a positive for some.

Exactly
I'd be a bit concerned if a 40 year old father of 3 going to the gym to try to keep up with his kids in the backyard was pacing around like he was going to start a fight with everyone lol

My gym is a little cramped, and the leg press and leg curl are next to each other... which is obviously fine as they're not exercises that extend sideways. I usually start with leg curls, but a girl was on it so no big deal, I'll just start with extensions... then the girl WHO IS DOING 5kg (what even is the point) would do that then immediately GET ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF OUR JOINED SPACE AKA IN HALF MY LEG EXTENSION SPACE AND DO CORE (to make the most of the 'high-intensity' exercise I presume)... so obviously I couldn't really do anything.

Is it that ******* hard to literally walk 3 metres to where the free weights is? Apparently. I had to make sure my sets were when she was on the machine, and not on the floor literally right in front of me to the right. I wanted to say something, but she looked mean and had earphones in. Now typing it, I kind of regret it because it is such a shithead inconsiderate thing to do.

Now typing it, I kind of regret it because it is such a shithead inconsiderate thing to do.

This^

Where the fck do you draw the line with these things that s**t you?

I just prefer to walk away and not think about it, being a chick its hard to say anything. But I can appreciate your anger. Probably if it was a bloke you may have said something?

Hey I have a chick at my gym that reserves three pieces of equipment at once as if this is normal behaviour. I mean ffs are you serious?

This^

Where the fck do you draw the line with these things that s**t you?

I just prefer to walk away and not think about it, being a chick its hard to say anything. But I can appreciate your anger. Probably if it was a bloke you may have said something?

Hey I have a chick at my gym that reserves three pieces of equipment at once as if this is normal behaviour. I mean ffs are you serious?

For some reason I always feel like if I approach a guy at the gym their immediate thought will be that I'm hitting on them, so probably not ha.

Putting in a complaint to management at Goodlife Mooroolbark when I finish this session. Going to cause an absolute s**t storm :p
whats going on down there now? I was planning on actually going this week but if there are complaints to be made....

whats going on down there now? I was planning on actually going this week but if there are complaints to be made....
Just trainers taking up entire sections of the gym for one client. Using 10-15 pieces of equipment. Weights left all over the floor. Benches broken but still in use. The final straw was when I went to help my gf move a bench (since someone had moved it across the gym and not put it back) came back to my rack and a trainer had moved my bar because I was in his way. Despite him not using the rack. And me being there first

Might be controversial but PT's at big commercial gyms are a pain and almost a waste of time. Literally every machine has an explanation and most gyms offer a sign up consultation where they do a program for you.

With all the above and access to a trainer or staff member to ask question why do you need someone who takes dibs on 75 machines and inconveniences other gym users.

We all know its revenue raising but honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just trainers taking up entire sections of the gym for one client. Using 10-15 pieces of equipment. Weights left all over the floor. Benches broken but still in use. The final straw was when I went to help my gf move a bench (since someone had moved it across the gym and not put it back) came back to my rack and a trainer had moved my bar because I was in his way. Despite him not using the rack. And me being there first
so BAU then
I find a lot of the PT there just have no idea about Gym etiquette, they don't teach it or practice it, and they watch people using bad form and say nothing like, if you're not paying me I'm not helping, not to mention the ones who appear to actively teach bad form

still i gotta suck it up and start training again so unfit

Might be controversial but PT's at big commercial gyms are a pain and almost a waste of time. Literally every machine has an explanation and most gyms offer a sign up consultation where they do a program for you.

With all the above and access to a trainer or staff member to ask question why do you need someone who takes dibs on 75 machines and inconveniences other gym users.

And every time they reduce membership prices you can almost guarantee they're 1) putting up PT rent and 2) adding more PTs

so BAU then
I find a lot of the PT there just have no idea about Gym etiquette, they don't teach it or practice it, and they watch people using bad form and say nothing like, if you're not paying me I'm not helping, not to mention the ones who appear to actively teach bad form

still i gotta suck it up and start training again so unfit
Agreed
Would've been sacked from my old gym if I acted like the PTs there. Not to mention going around and helping people out free of charge is great marketing and networking

The missus has asked me to tone down my anger towards them in the gym since we've just started our own business haha

Good trainers are rare. They're the ones actually worth money to clients. Most work in their own studio though

e277db8ca34c57056c10fd4fd8ee9b29.jpg

Unhygienic pieces of s**t

Some advice given to one of the missus friends by her PT:
She weighs 69.5. Been told she needs to lose 15kgs ASAP to be healthy
Had to pay her trainer $30 to get one of those "full body" scans where you just stand on a scale and hold two handles
Been told she needs to do the trainers 12 week bootcamp which is three sessions a week plus 3 PT sessions
Trainer has no nutritional qualifications but gave her a list of "metabolism booster" foods and a list of foods she can eat

Some advice given to one of the missus friends by her PT:
She weighs 69.5. Been told she needs to lose 15kgs ASAP to be healthy
Had to pay her trainer $30 to get one of those "full body" scans where you just stand on a scale and hold two handles
Been told she needs to do the trainers 12 week bootcamp which is three sessions a week plus 3 PT sessions
Trainer has no nutritional qualifications but gave her a list of "metabolism booster" foods and a list of foods she can eat
o_O

Yeah. Apparently she wants her down to low 50s from high 60s in under 12 weeks
The girl is around 5'6
Wait so PT is the one that said she has to lose 15kg ASAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back