Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt aware that you couldn't put your phone down when you go to do your set?
I've been doing it wrong all this years!*

*jks, touching your phone during training in our group incurs a penalty

Hell yeah. I don't even bring my phone to the gym ever. There is no need unless your are watching a deadlift tute on your [phone. (and that doesn't happen)

Saw it for the first time about a month ago. Young couple training and had a toddler with them. Thought it was strange.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only time I saw a kid at a "gym" was at an F45 session last week. I don't think it counts doe

I train alone and feel awkward sitting there staring around the gym between sets
Plus my phone is where I track everything and have Spotify on.

I may be on my phone right now in gym ;)

I train alone and feel awkward sitting there staring around the gym between sets
Plus my phone is where I track everything and have Spotify on.

I may be on my phone right now in gym ;)

Do you consider doing a set of something else in your downtime?

True

One of the most awkward things is decline bench when you situp and have to wait 90 seconds haha

trying to grab 2 40 kilo dumbbells and then sit back on the decline is pretty taxing
Phones in gym don't worry me. It's no different to the people who talk to each other between sets. Even though I'm a pt I'm still awkward when I'm in gym hahaha still got that inner fat bloke telling me people are laughing at me

Phones in gym don't worry me. It's no different to the people who talk to each other between sets. Even though I'm a pt I'm still awkward when I'm in gym hahaha still got that inner fat bloke telling me people are laughing at me

Fair enough. I rarely see a giant beast on their phone doe. Today a fairly attractive girl was doing one legged pushes on her back on her phone, right in the cable crossover machine. That s**t is not on

Fair enough. I rarely see a giant beast on their phone doe. Today a fairly attractive girl was doing one legged pushes on her back on her phone, right in the cable crossover machine. That s**t is not on
Plenty here that are. Or that train in groups and talk between sets
I don't think there's any correlation between people who use a phone in gym, and people who are "huge"

A guy near me now. Not on his phone, supersetting across 4 things, and doing 3 in front of the db rack. 8 pieces of equipment. I'd much rather he was on his phone.

Plenty here that are. Or that train in groups and talk between sets
I don't think there's any correlation between people who use a phone in gym, and people who are "huge"

A guy near me now. Not on his phone, supersetting across 4 things, and doing 3 in front of the db rack. 8 pieces of equipment. I'd much rather he was on his phone.

If being on the phone works for somebody good on them. Even Arnie says you must be inside the muscle for every rep.

They all count otherwise we'd just all do 1 rep per set

If being on the phone works for somebody good on them. Even Arnie says you must be inside the muscle for ever rep.

They all count otherwise we'd just do 1 rep per set
As aeglos said, you can put down the phone during a set. I'm probably one of the bigger "mind/muscle" (hate the term) and form nazis around. Me being on my phone doesn't somehow prevent me from paying attention during a set. I don't have ADHD

Arnie also said that a shot of whiskey after training was good for you, and smoked a s**t tonne of weed, as well as a lot of other strange rumours. I don't take him as gospel ;)

As aeglos said, you can put down the phone during a set. I'm probably one of the bigger "mind/muscle" (hate the term) and form nazis around. Me being on my phone doesn't somehow prevent me from paying attention during a set. I don't have ADHD

Arnie also said that a shot of whiskey after training was good for you, and smoked a s**t tonne of weed, as well as a lot of other strange rumours. I don't take him as gospel ;)

You can put it down during a set and I reckon you are one of the guys who go to work every 90 seconds or so which is great.

But I see too many people turning to their phones every time it gets a bit hard/boring.

They spend 2 hours at the gym when 1.5 hours is sitting on the seated row texting God knows who and think they have really done themselves proud

Most of the big guys here talk about basically sexually assaulting women, dropping pills and smashing beers during their sessions. I don't tend to follow the lead because someone is huge :p

You can put it down during a set and I reckon you are one of the guys who go to work every 90 seconds or so which is great.

But I see too many people turning to their phones every time it gets a bit hard/boring.

They spend 2 hours at the gym when 1.5 hours is sitting on the seated row texting God knows who and think they have really done themselves proud
All I'm saying is its individual, sure some people probably slack off and use their phones, but I'm not gonna pay attention to them long enough to make a judgement. Plenty of blokes come in, think they're going beast mode and probably * around for the same amount of time.

As long as they're not in people's way or being *******s to others, I don't see an issue. Same as those who make "no progress". I don't get why it would annoy ya

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I'm saying is its individual, sure some people probably slack off and use their phones, but I'm not gonna pay attention to them long enough to make a judgement. Plenty of blokes come in, think they're going beast mode and probably **** around for the same amount of time.

As long as they're not in people's way or being *******s to others, I don't see an issue. Same as those who make "no progress". I don't get why it would annoy ya

I've been a gym texter before. Girls texting you it's hard to not text back. I am being a bit hypocritical and cantankerous.

I should probably stop doing it

I've been a gym texter before. Girls texting you it's hard to not text back. I am being a bit hypocritical and cantankerous.

I should probably stop doing it
I'm not arguing for the sake of it :)

Just as someone who it takes a lot of work at times for me to go to gym because I feel judged I don't like it when others are judged. Most guys I've had issue with in gym are "huge", so I don't think their behaviour necessarily should be the pinnacle of what we aim for

I'm not arguing for the sake of it :)

Just as someone who it takes a lot of work at times for me to go to gym because I feel judged I don't like it when others are judged. Most guys I've had issue with in gym are "huge", so I don't think their behaviour necessarily should be the pinnacle of what we aim for

Interesting that you've had issues with a lot of gym goers, I can only think of one really small thing

Interesting that you've had issues with a lot of gym goers, I can only think of one really small thing
Not a huge number. Never said that, just that the only people I've heard mocking others in the gym are "huge guys" or younger girls. Tend to be in groups. The worst was a group of 5 talking loudly about how they wanted to * a girls ass who was about 10 feet away. Was with a mate and we told them to cut the s**t out, they quickly shut up. The girl thanked us after the guys left.

Not a huge number. Never said that, just that the only people I've heard mocking others in the gym are "huge guys" or younger girls. Tend to be in groups. The worst was a group of 5 talking loudly about how they wanted to **** a girls ass who was about 10 feet away. Was with a mate and we told them to cut the s**t out, they quickly shut up. The girl thanked us after the guys left.

Wow. I've never been to a gym where I could hear people talking s**t about each other. Only time was when there was one *head who hogged all the weights and everyone hated him.

And he wore the smallest gayest shorts ever

Goodlife was worse than here for it. Here 99% of people are just here to train. Although that group of guys was here

When I first joined fitness first when I was really obese I had a group of 18 or so year olds used to insult me every time I was there.

Goodlife was worse than here for it. Here 99% of people are just here to train. Although that group of guys was here

When I first joined fitness first when I was really obese I had a group of 18 or so year olds used to insult me every time I was there.

Thats ****ed.

I still feel self conscious every time I go to the gym but I know if I work hard I will be able to live with myself long after I've left the place

And no other dickhead has any bearing on your life

Thats ******.

I still feel self conscious every time I go to the gym but I know if I work hard I will be able to live with myself long after I've left the place

And no other dickhead has any bearing on your life
Yeah it's true. Most of the time now it doesn't get to me, sometimes it still does. It's an easier said than done attitude to have.

Yeah it's true. Most of the time now it doesn't get to me, sometimes it still does. It's an easier said than done attitude to have.

It takes time but keep at building your body up.

I never feel confident unless I'm in shape and that will never change for my whole life.

It takes time but keep at building your body up.

I never feel confident unless I'm in shape and that will never change for my whole life.
Haha mines more 26 years of self confidence issues due to being obese mate. People compliment where I am all the time, but I don't think I'll ever get past that feeling

Haha mines more 26 years of self confidence issues due to being obese mate. People compliment where I am all the time, but I don't think I'll ever get past that feeling

We all have our demons. I was over 100 kilos 2 years ago

Not condescending, but its not about where you come from it's about where you're going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back