Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
We all have our demons. I was over 100 kilos 2 years ago

Not condescending, but its not about where you come from it's about where you're going
Agree mate

I was close to 140 at my heaviest

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Agree mate

What's important is your plan to eat healthy and be sustainable. The weight will drop off easily

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Agree mate

Sorry man not trying to tell you this way or that, but high protein high fat and low carbs mainly through veges is working well for me.

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
What's important is your plan to eat healthy and be sustainable. The weight will drop off easily
Haha mate I'm not fat now and my eating is good except Saturdays (bloody country footy and beers)

I work as a PT now and am qualified in nutrition

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Haha mate I'm not fat now and my eating is good except Saturdays (bloody country footy and beers)

I work as a PT now and am qualified in nutrition

Ok I'll be coming to you for answers now ;)

I've really wanted to further my studies in nutrition because there is a gaping hole there for people who have no idea

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok I'll be coming to you for answers now ;)

I've really wanted to further my studies in nutrition because there is a gaping hole there for people who have no idea
I even think mine isn't that knowledgeable, and I've studied it. There's always more to know.

My problem up until about half way through last year was I couldn't make my mind up what I wanted. I bulked up with a mate. Was lifting big weight. But felt fat. So I went cardio crazy two summers ago and dropped like 20kgs and ended up with no muscle. Round one last year I got thrown around by my opponent. I'm much more balanced now.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I even think mine isn't that knowledgeable, and I've studied it. There's always more to know.

My problem up until about half way through last year was I couldn't make my mind up what I wanted. I bulked up with a mate. Was lifting big weight. But felt fat. So I went cardio crazy two summers ago and dropped like 20kgs and ended up with no muscle. Round one last year I got thrown around by my opponent. I'm much more balanced now.

Is this AFL?

Feeling fat is never good even when bulking

Clean bulking can eliminate this

Last edited:

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
As aeglos said, you can put down the phone during a set. I'm probably one of the bigger "mind/muscle" (hate the term) and form nazis around. Me being on my phone doesn't somehow prevent me from paying attention during a set. I don't have ADHD

Arnie also said that a shot of whiskey after training was good for you, and smoked a s**t tonne of weed, as well as a lot of other strange rumours. I don't take him as gospel ;)

Lol him and his training partners used to hit arms on a Friday, drop a tonne of D-bol the hit the LA nightclub strip

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs

Haha of the guys at YG did that years ago.
He was garbage, but at least he could throw his weight around and be a bit of a physical presence.
One summer he lost like 30kg but was still garbage; only this time he had zero physical presence loll
Local footy there's always room for a couple of enforcers who aren't necessarily great footballers but opposition players s**t their pants around

Gooback22

Senior List
Oct 8, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal
Haha of the guys at YG did that years ago.
He was garbage, but at least he could throw his weight around and be a bit of a physical presence.
One summer he lost like 30kg but was still garbage; only this time he had zero physical presence loll
Local footy there's always room for a couple of enforcers who aren't necessarily great footballers but opposition players s**t their pants around
You guys still play up in the valley?

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
You guys still play up in the valley?

Nah I haven't played in years (2009).
I get a call every year but haven't been convinced to pull on the boots again. Always tempted but haven't caved yet lol
DemonTim plays up at Powelly

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nah I haven't played in years (2009).
I get a call every year but haven't been convinced to pull on the boots again. Always tempted but haven't caved yet lol
DemonTim plays up at Powelly
Plays is a strong word

Losing weight when the only thing I'm good at is being a lock down defender was a bad idea.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I don't have an issue with people being on their phones in the gym. There's no difference between sitting on your phone for 60-90 seconds between sets or sitting their twiddling your thumbs.

Whether it relates to a better work out or not depends on the person. This whole Arnie says you need to feel every rep/ big guys don't use their phones.....pretty sure it's to do with the extra "supps" they take not the fact they don't use their phone between sets.

No doubt phones can be distracting but they aren't the reason you ain't making gains....I got down to 5-6% BF and I used my phone for just about every session.

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Arnie is huge. And he was also governor

Therefore the only way to get huge is to be a governor.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Arnie is huge. And he was also governor

Therefore the only way to get huge is to be a governor.

He also didn't have a mobile phone
Therefore the only way to get huge is to throw ya a phone in the bin

No that I freq gyms but wtf is the selfie fascination taking a phone pic in the mirror
My selfies are the mrs and i on hols somewhere with a waterfall in the background....so maybe once every couple of years

I've never understood this fascination of taking pictures of yourself looking fit to show everyone else
Hey look how big/fit/sexy/thin/ripped I look

That self conscious to be accepted???

Just something I don't understand

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
No that I freq gyms but wtf is the selfie fascination taking a phone pic in the mirror
My selfies are the mrs and i on hols somewhere with a waterfall in the background....so maybe once every couple of years

I've never understood this fascination of taking pictures of yourself looking fit to show everyone else
Hey look how big/fit/sexy/thin/ripped I look

That self conscious to be accepted???

Just something I don't understand
I do it for my business page. Although more often it's the missus videoing me as it's a bit better to show exercises and s**t.

Had a kid filming the gym last night on his phone. Was weird

DemonTim

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also a few of us boys at footy do it if we miss training. We are required to show "proof" that we've done something if we miss training

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
So I'm up in Sydney for work (might be moving here) aaaaand went to the gym that has free passes with the hotel last night, rock in, decent little gym, has a big dancefloor type area with a body combat class going on, walk around to the free weight section and the dumbbells only go up to 20kgs... Now I'm not a huge dude but seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back