Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm up in Sydney for work (might be moving here) aaaaand went to the gym that has free passes with the hotel last night, rock in, decent little gym, has a big dancefloor type area with a body combat class going on, walk around to the free weight section and the dumbbells only go up to 20kgs... Now I'm not a huge dude but seriously...
Studio I work in only goes up to 25kgs. The owner asked me for suggestions on how to make it better. I said bigger weights.

So I'm up in Sydney for work (might be moving here) aaaaand went to the gym that has free passes with the hotel last night, rock in, decent little gym, has a big dancefloor type area with a body combat class going on, walk around to the free weight section and the dumbbells only go up to 20kgs... Now I'm not a huge dude but seriously...

I'm with anytime fitness so big advantage when I go on holidays I can generally find one close by to use.

Find it quite funny how alot of men think it is extremely hard to stack on muscle and will but every supplement/drug known to man. Yet alot of women are afraid of even looking at a weight because they fear gaining too much muscle

Temperature.

Something was amiss this morning, get to the gym and it was outside temperature in there. Doubled the normal warm up which meant a substantially shorter workout.

I'd rather be pouring sweat at the gym than too cold.
I would assume from an injury prevention point of view too warm is better than too cold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone wear men's leggings at the gym?

Bit of a controversial one but I rate them, but don't think I'm tank enough to wear them.

With a pair of shorts on top of course, shocking without.

Anyone wear men's leggings at the gym?

Bit of a controversial one but I rate them, but don't think I'm tank enough to wear them.

With a pair of shorts on top of course, shocking without.

I wear them both when at the gym or at fencing.

Always underneath tracksuit pants or shorts though.

I didn't even know male leggings existed

I assume JG22 meant compression tights (Like Skins or TXU).
Ah. That makes more sense. Still don't wear them in the gym. But that's better than leggings

New one today.

I don't care how much weight you are lifting or how much you are exerting yourself, when you are lifting you should never sound like a constipated female tennis player.

"Vocalized exhalation increased average static handgrip force by 25% compared to passive breathing"
http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/ijesab/vol9/iss2/67/

"The velocity, force, and peak muscle activity during tennis serves and forehand strokes are significantly enhanced when athletes are allowed to grunt."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24983852

Not to the gym, outside for a run or training for sure but not in the gym.

If you don't mind me asking why wouldn't you use them at the gym?

They keep your muscles warmer, so apart from the obvious fashion problems I can't really see any downside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back