Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boxing/MMA gyms in summer, footy training.
Few places where shirtless would be acceptable.
When I lived in California all the beachside gyms the guys would be topless

I myself visited muscle beach in venice. did not train.
quite clearly there was a shirts optional rule. one of the blokes was standing stoically looking into the crowd, sans shirt.

I'm glad to hear you're a convert.

Did I have anything to do with that at all???

3:1 Salmon to tuna ratio girl! Minimum.

source.gif

I am an irritating person: Had to take two weeks off because of this shitful flu - went to the gym because I thought I was recovering - did some deadlifts. Got the flu back and have got a terminal case of DOMS - someone kill me!

I am an irritating person: Had to take two weeks off because of this shitful flu - went to the gym because I thought I was recovering - did some deadlifts. Got the flu back and have got a terminal case of DOMS - someone kill me!
This is the worst. Years ago when I first started training I was doing a full body workout (as you do). A bit of everything. As we can all probably relate the DOMS when you first begin are insane. The next day, not only did I wake up with unbearable DOMS across my whole body, but I woke up with a bad case of the flu. I LITERALLY COULD NOT MOVE. or talk on account of my sore throat. Was terrible. Had to call up my sis to come help me out.

Is people stealing mats a thing?

One time had an absolute drop kick of a human being just start using my mat- when there were plentiful mats hanging up on the hooks. My water bottle and towel was right next to it.

I came up, snatched them up and got another mat. He was like "oh, I'm almost done, I'm almost done."

Yeah shove it up your arse mate.

I've just fallen victim to the illness/DOMS. Didn't pick up on what was going on anywhere near as quickly as I should have.
About a month ago I noticed I wasn't sleeping as well as normal and that appetite and hydration levels were down (clue 1 that my body was in stress mode).
Just after I noticed that I started to feel sorer after workouts than normal (this was clue 2, though at the time I put it down to having a week off the gym).
Then a fortnight ago my balance started to go slightly (clue 3, but I put it down to having mud in my ears from footy lol)
This week I spontaneously had a sore shoulder and my shin splints went from barely uncomfortable to me getting pulled aside at footy training, being told I looked terrible and that I wouldn't be playing.
And now this morning I've woken up with puffy eyes, the worlds driest throat (and nose), I can't hear properly and I literally ache from head to toe.
Pro-tip: you can over reach in your training without your training changing if everything else goes to s**t

Is people stealing mats a thing?

One time had an absolute drop kick of a human being just start using my mat- when there were plentiful mats hanging up on the hooks. My water bottle and towel was right next to it.

I came up, snatched them up and got another mat. He was like "oh, I'm almost done, I'm almost done."

Yeah shove it up your arse mate.
I had something similar a couple nights ago. Was doing pull ups. Was taking a break, got up to do another set and some bloke is standing underneath the 'bars' sizing them up. the heck. Sure you can work in but nothing was communicated. I tell him I'm doing a set, you can wait or go use one of the many other pull up bars at your disposal. So he backs off and watches me do my set. I managed 7 reps. He then does his set of 8 or 9. He shoots me a smirk and walks back to where he was doing hip thrusts.

WTF. Was he trying to 1 up me? Difference is mate I was 4 or 5 sets in with a 15 kilo plate around my waist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had something similar a couple nights ago. Was doing pull ups. Was taking a break, got up to do another set and some bloke is standing underneath the 'bars' sizing them up. the heck. Sure you can work in but nothing was communicated. I tell him I'm doing a set, you can wait or go use one of the many other pull up bars at your disposal. So he backs off and watches me do my set. I managed 7 reps. He then does his set of 8 or 9. He shoots me a smirk and walks back to where he was doing hip thrusts.

WTF. Was he trying to 1 up me? Difference is mate I was 4 or 5 sets in with a 15 kilo plate around my waist.

:D

Sorry but I laughed. (it IS stupid tho)

:D

Sorry but I laughed. (it IS stupid tho)
Was clearly working on his booty which makes his 1 set of pull ups all the more weirder. There were 4 other places he could have done them within a 10 metre radius.

Smh.

I can't remember if I responded to this thread before, because I've been busy doing Crossfit. Did I mention before that I do Crossfit? If I haven't, I do Crossfit. Would you like to do Crossfit, the way that I do Crossfit? I did let you know that didn't I? That I do Crossfit.

This is sooooo common. I used to have guys that would literally follow my workout around, peering over my shoulder and then jumping on a machine the second id stand up to replicate my reps/sets/weights, got a little weird for a while.

On the above, doing deadlifts last night, finished up my set, went to start putting the weights and bar away, some punter comes up "oh leave that mate I wouldn't mind taking over" all good I thought, saves me putting it away. First set, first rep bloke drops like hes been shot, not sure what happened as he hobbled off but I think he put his back out.

On the above, doing deadlifts last night, finished up my set, went to start putting the weights and bar away, some punter comes up "oh leave that mate I wouldn't mind taking over" all good I thought, saves me putting it away. First set, first rep bloke drops like hes been shot, not sure what happened as he hobbled off but I think he put his back out.

Sorry but this is ****ing hilarious :D

I hope he's okay.

I've just fallen victim to the illness/DOMS. Didn't pick up on what was going on anywhere near as quickly as I should have.
About a month ago I noticed I wasn't sleeping as well as normal and that appetite and hydration levels were down (clue 1 that my body was in stress mode).
Just after I noticed that I started to feel sorer after workouts than normal (this was clue 2, though at the time I put it down to having a week off the gym).
Then a fortnight ago my balance started to go slightly (clue 3, but I put it down to having mud in my ears from footy lol)
This week I spontaneously had a sore shoulder and my shin splints went from barely uncomfortable to me getting pulled aside at footy training, being told I looked terrible and that I wouldn't be playing.
And now this morning I've woken up with puffy eyes, the worlds driest throat (and nose), I can't hear properly and I literally ache from head to toe.
Pro-tip: you can over reach in your training without your training changing if everything else goes to s**t

Testify Brother - sometimes if you feeling off its more efficient to take some time off - rather than push through and having to spend longer away from the gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back