Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop. Just stop. Haha

No different from wearing deadlifting socks really - except you only have to spend a few bucks at K-Mart.

You should see how scraped up they are, I can't have my beautiful shins looking like that!

No different from wearing deadlifting socks really - except you only have to spend a few bucks at K-Mart.

You should see how scraped up they are, I can't have my beautiful shins looking like that!
There's a thing called deadlifting socks? :eek:

My shins are ****ed anyway. Deads and ruckwork. Can't feel it now

Didn't set the alarm yesterday morning so woke up to late to go before work. I went after work to train legs, but all three squat racks were taken, plus the 45 degree legs press - which two girls were using with 2.5kg plates each side (why could they use the other seated cable leg press)

So i did triceps instead and trained legs this morning, a lot easier when there is only 5 people in the gym.

Didn't set the alarm yesterday morning so woke up to late to go before work. I went after work to train legs, but all three squat racks were taken, plus the 45 degree legs press - which two girls were using with 2.5kg plates each side (why could they use the other seated cable leg press)

So i did triceps instead and trained legs this morning, a lot easier when there is only 5 people in the gym.
2.5 kg on each side?? :eek: What's the point.

Yeah but isn't 25 kilo better than 20 (just the bar)
??

The base you press may be 40-50kg without adding weight but doing squats without a bar at all would be tougher.....think you have to shift all you body weight from the knees above.

Try doing 50 squats (without the bar) or 50 leg presses with no added weight and see which is easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fwiw I've been using a lot of single leg paused leg press lately for n00bies at the gym that can't squat to depth with bodyweight.
Lets them just focus on that knee & ankle in relation to their hip (get them to go as high and wide on the foot plate as they can to achieve maximum ROM) as imo learning the feel of the joint position is just as, if not more, important than their actual strength levels.

Fwiw I've been using a lot of single leg paused leg press lately for n00bies at the gym that can't squat to depth with bodyweight.
Lets them just focus on that knee & ankle in relation to their hip (get them to go as high and wide on the foot plate as they can to achieve maximum ROM) as imo learning the feel of the joint position is just as, if not more, important than their actual strength levels.

For the first time this week i did a DB single leg squat/lunge with one foot planted in front on the ground and the other foot resting elevated on a seat behind me. ...it was a killer, only finished with 16kg DB's in each hand 6-8reps.

For the first time this week i did a DB single leg squat/lunge with one foot planted in front on the ground and the other foot resting elevated on a seat behind me. ...it was a killer, only finished with 16kg DB's in each hand 6-8reps.

I’ve gone as heavy as 70-80kg on a bar for 5s (don’t know how; suspect I butchered them a bit), but for the most part I do them with my front foot raised high enough that my knee only gets to the ground if I’m at a full stretch. Bout the only thing I do that takes me to end range or stretch haha
Like this but my feet almost end up being level
https://www.t-nation.com/system/pub...cit-bulgarian-split-squat-2.jpg?ts=1386372450

I’ve gone as heavy as 70-80kg on a bar for 5s (don’t know how; suspect I butchered them a bit), but for the most part I do them with my front foot raised high enough that my knee only gets to the ground if I’m at a full stretch. Bout the only thing I do that takes me to end range or stretch haha
Like this but my feet almost end up being level
https://www.t-nation.com/system/pub...cit-bulgarian-split-squat-2.jpg?ts=1386372450
Yep front foot elevated Bulgarians are brutal.

Bulgarians are probably the number 1 lift I use with the people I train. Easy as to do and coach, and I love the bilateral deficit part of it. I can do 70-80kg for 5, but can only do about 130kg 1RM on a squat.

Have been wanting to play around with hand supported Bulgarians but don't have a safety squat bar.

Yep front foot elevated Bulgarians are brutal.

Bulgarians are probably the number 1 lift I use with the people I train. Easy as to do and coach, and I love the bilateral deficit part of it. I can do 70-80kg for 5, but can only do about 130kg 1RM on a squat.

Have been wanting to play around with hand supported Bulgarians but don't have a safety squat bar.

My 1rm back squat was ~135kg when I was doing the 70-80kg Bulgarians (I have a SSB so typically use that) so might not be the worst ratio to aim for.

My 1rm back squat was ~135kg when I was doing the 70-80kg Bulgarians (I have a SSB so typically use that) so might not be the worst ratio to aim for.
Have you given hand supported split squats a go with it? I hold mine in a front rack position as I find it more comfortable and a bit safer for Bulgarians.

Have you given hand supported split squats a go with it? I hold mine in a front rack position as I find it more comfortable and a bit safer for Bulgarians.

My general rule is if you can't lift it you can't lift it.
I've never really done anything assisted (whether that be Hatfield squats or whatever they're known as to forced reps etc etc)

If not done with a SSB I'll just use DB or KB so I can bail on the lift easily.

Blokes who do heavy bicep curls. They jerk their elbows back and bring their shoulders forward.....their body is moving around the weight as opposed to moving the weight around their body

:(

I drop set 2.5 on each side and only do 10kg on each side.

TBF the seated leg press has a s**t range of motion. I like to sit on an angle to make the angle more extreme and I can’t do that on the seated. Could probably sit normally and do more weight but form > weight.

Which brings me to my ‘thing that annoys me’ - people who don’t unload, especially the squat rack. Not everyone is 6’0 and a dude. I’m 5’6 and pay to use everything too. UNLOAD YOUR MACHINES.

I think the load/unload thing is etiquette, unfortunately I can admit to being guilty of this because I don't think I've ever walked up to a bar that wasn't already loaded as it was, having to unload someone else's weight, load my own, then unload it has beaten me down. Manners get destroyed by repeatedly being the one stuck doing it for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back