Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get annoyed by one bird at the gym who sticks her elbows out when using the punching bag and she bobs up and down like she's doing breaststroke. I'm surprised the trainers don't pull her up on it to be honest, they certainly wouldn't let me get away with it. I guess it's good that I'm being taught the right way and it's her loss, still annoys the * out of me to look at her.

Yup
They either don't want to do it or can't do it so pump neg vibes and attitude to anyone that's having crack at losing weight getting fit etc
Just either listen and ignore or switch off completely.
I've become really good at just nodding and not listening to a word after I realize it's bullshit when the first 5 words come out

Annoying 40something yuge campaigner. Trains for 2-2.5 hours at lunch time everyday. Spends half of it on phone calls to his job where he just calls them all *******s or campaigners
Or he puts his book, bottle and bag over 3-4 benches/pieces of equipment and takes 3-4 sets of barbells/dumbbells to use
Screams and grunts as loud as he can and paces around grunting between sets

Oh and he drops bbs and dumbbells from mid chest height when standing (or head height when sitting) and lines his weights up basically on top of the db rack

Annoying 40something yuge campaigner. Trains for 2-2.5 hours at lunch time everyday. Spends half of it on phone calls to his job where he just calls them all *******s or campaigners
Or he puts his book, bottle and bag over 3-4 benches/pieces of equipment and takes 3-4 sets of barbells/dumbbells to use
Screams and grunts as loud as he can and paces around grunting between sets

The ones that annoy the s**t out of me are the ones that bring 3 towels to take up 3 machines. F off.

Caught a lady wearing an Isogenix top giving diet advice then ended with a sales pitch in my gym yesterday. Politely told her to take her story walking.... Not in my house!
Also (petty i know) we have one squat rack, and when people take it over to do 35 or 40Kg bent over rows..... like seriously!!! Just grab a 40kg bar from the rack, i want to squat!

Last edited:
Saw a guy (a regular) doing curls in the squat rack, was initially gobsmacked that he was doing it as to make matters worse the other 2 squat racks were occupied.

He worked up to doing strict 60kg curls (he's a pretty big unit) which whilst impressive is still a douchey thing to do. Just pick up the bar off the ground ya twat

Saw a guy (a regular) doing curls in the squat rack, was initially gobsmacked that he was doing it as to make matters worse the other 2 squat racks were occupied.

He worked up to doing strict 60kg curls (he's a pretty big unit) which whilst impressive is still a douchey thing to do. Just pick up the bar off the ground ya twat

Sounds like he's waiting for someone to say something, just so he's got an excuse to act like a big intimidating dickhead about it.

Sounds like he's waiting for someone to say something, just so he's got an excuse to act like a big intimidating dickhead about it.
he's a pretty unassuming character (I've spotted him on bench once before) but it's a super dick move in such a busy gym and as you said he's definitely trying to draw attention to himself

I get annoyed by one bird at the gym who sticks her elbows out when using the punching bag and she bobs up and down like she's doing breaststroke. I'm surprised the trainers don't pull her up on it to be honest, they certainly wouldn't let me get away with it. I guess it's good that I'm being taught the right way and it's her loss, still annoys the **** out of me to look at her.

could be worse. Could be someone who only exercises during summer or not at all cause of an elbow broken some 2 years ago.

If it is not busy then doing barbell curls with 60kg is totally acceptable*

*anything less then you must use one of the prefixed barbells

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night I witnessed something disturbing. Female in the couple doing squats. She was some 5'7". Her bf around 6'5", lean, toned, barefoot all in black. He went up to her upon squat completion and started demonstrating his kickboxing kicks. In slow mo, but close to her face and body. He then grappled with her, in the cage, again slow mo, hand around her neck at one stage.

He looked like a serial killer. Vacant eyes, shaved head (shaved head is not a killer look but the eyes were).

More under interesting things you see

Two blokes using the bar of the smith machine to do DB rows.....so balancing themselves with their opposing hand.

Great way to tie up a machine when other could be using it for something else also they were doing their rows like they were trying to start their 20 year old lawn mower

Last night I witnessed something disturbing. Female in the couple doing squats. She was some 5'7". Her bf around 6'5", lean, toned, barefoot all in black. He went up to her upon squat completion and started demonstrating his kickboxing kicks. In slow mo, but close to her face and body. He then grappled with her, in the cage, again slow mo, hand around her neck at one stage.

He looked like a serial killer. Vacant eyes, shaved head (shaved head is not a killer look but the eyes were).

What the actual *

could be worse. Could be someone who only exercises during summer or not at all cause of an elbow broken some 2 years ago.

F U my elbow is v. sore even afta 3 yrs

What the actual ****

yep. Seriously. It was alarming, actually scary! If she had lipstick I am sure she would have written HELP ME on the mirrors

F U my elbow is v. sore even afta 3 yrs

Um, ok. But do you only work out during summer?

yep. Seriously. It was alarming, actually scary! If she had lipstick I am sure she would have written HELP ME on the mirrors

Um, ok. But do you only work out during summer?

Kayla Itsines told me I hav a hot summer bod alredy.

Kayla Itsines told me I hav a hot summer bod alredy.

I’m surprised she didn’t try and sell you something lol.
I went on a date once with a girl doing her program - suffice to say it was a flop

I’m surprised she didn’t try and sell you something lol.
I went on a date once with a girl doing her program - suffice to say it was a flop

My best mate does the program and I literally want to neck her. She's the type of 'luv yourself' girl that said I was being mean when I told her cardio won't give her a butt BUT APPARENTLY LOTS AND LOTS OF CHOCOLATE CAN AFTER A SESSION BECAUSE LUV UR BOD CURVES ARE FEMININE.

Don't understand why Kayla is so popular.

Now Karina Elle on the other hand - mirin so hard.

Karina%2BElle%2BLisenbee%2B1.jpg

Pity you have to drop body fat to like -1% and get fake boobs. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back