Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That happened at my gym at the start of the year. Petite girl who only does cardio must have tripped because all we heard was a noise then she was on the floor, out cold.
PTs freaked out, everyone helped and given there were a few people around her I had the awkward self-realization that I have no idea what the social etiquette is on "standing around looking sympathetic for a few minutes then getting back to the workout". I think I offered 4 minutes of pointless sympathy.

That happened at my gym at the start of the year. Petite girl who only does cardio must have tripped because all we heard was a noise then she was on the floor, out cold.
PTs freaked out, everyone helped and given there were a few people around her I had the awkward self-realization that I have no idea what the social etiquette is on "standing around looking sympathetic for a few minutes then getting back to the workout". I think I offered 4 minutes of pointless sympathy.

:D

I would have given her 3.

yeah we definitely need a chart of some sort to refer to for how long to acknowledge something

I haven't ever seen an injury in the gym, but my bf fractured his spinal cord with the olympic bar. Guess who didn't adjust the safety attachment/brackets?

He's lucky he didn't get paraplegia.

There should be a special place in hell for people who use the lat pulldown machine for triceps. F off there are 100,000,000,000 free cables here.

Sick of these twerps who spend more time looking at their phone and grimacing through a calf stretch while ensuring nobody else can use the only squat machine in the gym.

Then they do three reps on a weight that is far too high with a s**t technique and then ‘rest’ for another 5 minutes of reflection (aka self-glancing at the mirror)

A woman stood on a treadmill for at least 15/20mins just staring at her phone. Then went used the xtrainer then came back.. and proceeded to use the treadmill. Right. Next. To. Me.

/there was no one else in the gym

Fair dinkum will smash someone's head inwith a dumbell one day when they do that again..

Sick of these twerps who spend more time looking at their phone and grimacing through a calf stretch while ensuring nobody else can use the only squat machine in the gym.

Then they do three reps on a weight that is far too high with a s**t technique and then ‘rest’ for another 5 minutes of reflection (aka self-glancing at the mirror)

Haha... this sounds like me with the self-reflection. Oh well!

Also if they need to stretch their calves when squating they’re definitely doing it wrong haha.

EDIT: I asked my bf if his calves hurt sometimes after squatting and he said yes. My god my ginormous calves are taking over the world, I don’t feel them in the slightest.

i think its awkward for patrons in the gym in the vicinity of the selfie taker. I mean, where do you look? Are you also in the photo? Do you then smile or pose? So many questions.

Also if the selfie taker is attractive, they may think you are ogling at her/him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think its awkward for patrons in the gym in the vicinity of the selfie taker. I mean, where do you look? Are you also in the photo? Do you then smile or pose? So many questions.

Also if the selfie taker is attractive, they may think you are ogling at her/him
It's your job to get in the shot and have a look of sheer disgust on your face.

Gym-selfie-768x512.jpg

Along kind of the same vein - if you ever Instagram search your gym’s location, you’ll definitely find some cringe photos. It’ll change how you view some of your regular Gym goers. For example there is the most cringe guy at my Gym, I wish I could give his username (I won’t) but he’s the typical 20/30s dude putting arm behind head in bed but really flexing bicep topless with glasses on and pouting #cuddleme #lonely

Along kind of the same vein - if you ever Instagram search your gym’s location, you’ll definitely find some cringe photos. It’ll change how you view some of your regular Gym goers. For example there is the most cringe guy at my Gym, I wish I could give his username (I won’t) but he’s the typical 20/30s dude putting arm behind head in bed but really flexing bicep topless with glasses on and pouting #cuddleme #lonely

i just spewed in my mouth

i never thought of insta stalking my local gym

squat machine? bicep curls in the squat rack are always good

on friday there was a girl using one of the three bench's setup for bench press sitting down doing bicep curls, with benchs you can use for that free in her line of site...

loud talkers.

last night, pre softcore rooting, i had headphones on in front of the mirrors executing my exercises. interrupted by a penetrating male voice. Kinda like an attention seeking, over excited type. chap next to me and i turned around to see who the campaigner was. loud talker oblivious to it all clearly explaining his routine to another patron.

So the other patron was there last night. Stretching near me. Again, headphones on for moi. I hear this "ughhhhhhhhHHHHH". I thought is someone watching pr0n? Or can everyone hear what Im listening to? Nope, it was that patron agonising on a foam roller.

I saw someone doing kipping pull ups on an assisted pull up machine

So the other patron was there last night. Stretching near me. Again, headphones on for moi. I hear this "ughhhhhhhhHHHHH". I thought is someone watching pr0n? Or can everyone hear what Im listening to? Nope, it was that patron agonising on a foam roller.

I once had a guy sit in front of me on the train who was closing browsers on his iPad. He closed an azn pr0n website and looked around uncomfortably to see if anyone saw/judged him.

I did.

God, I've missed this thread.

Anyone at Crunch Mentone?

Most know how to gym there. Just minor annoyances - leaving weights on bench press/leg press, etc.

I generally get annoyed when ppl take too long in a certain area/machine, though. 7+ minutes between sets is just redonculous.

I saw someone doing kipping pull ups on an assisted pull up machine

I don't know why this amused me so much but it did. Guess you gotta learn somewhere?

I just put up a selfie from the gym the other night, I used to think it was total wank but ive come around, the age of the selfie is here, embrace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back