Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly then you've never had a bloke try and clean the inside of a fridge with bleach . . . while there was still food in there.
brings a whole new meaning to clean food

Clearly then you've never had a bloke try and clean the inside of a fridge with bleach . . . while there was still food in there.

Can’t say I have, and granted there are good and bad professional cleaners but I’d back the people whose sole source of income is cleaning (and who could be fired for another flyer dropper in a literal heartbeat should they f**k up) over a few overworked arrogant pts and people who are actually paying for the privilege of going to the place to do a task that not one single person would voluntarily do.

Do you mean floor staff clean machines and put equipment away?

Surely the gym has professional cleaners taking out rubbish, cleaning toilets, changerooms, vacuuming and mopping floors, etc.
My gym is attached to a pool - there are cleaners for the changerooms, although center staff seem to do a lot more than in other centres I've used.

But yes, the PTs clean machines, sweep, etc. There's often only one PT on (small gym) and hardly any patrons leave weights or equipment lying around.

My gym is attached to a pool - there are cleaners for the changerooms, although center staff seem to do a lot more than in other centres I've used.

But yes, the PTs clean machines, sweep, etc. There's often only one PT on (small gym) and hardly any patrons leave weights or equipment lying around.

extras cost extra too

Did a session today at 11am.

FOUR dudes standing around watching the cricket for a good 10 minutes. I'm sure they feel like they did heaps of exercise, but fmd, all they're doing is taking up space.

On Friday morning I saw a guy lying on the bench with his eyes closed, gloves on. I noticed this, did two sets, looked over again, still lying there. Then he sat up, went to his phone and checked some emails or something. Then I did two more sets and he was lying back down again. I swear this guy didn't lift the bar in the time I did four sets.

I've noticed, as a general rule, that women spend a much higher percentage of gym time actually exercising than men do.

So the missus doesn’t like two gyms in our area (we get access to a bunch of them) so we tried out the third tonight, plus fitness 24/7. It’s fine, probably newer equipment and just generally more generic than the other two, missus likes it so that good but all the standard things that s**t me
- blokes using cages and racks for sit ups
- blokes hogging benches
- big groups of girls standing around gossiping
The missus is getting the swipe card for this one and I’ll stick with my old school gyms.

Has anyone found an influx of blokes wearing local footy gear to the gym? shorts, singlets or jumpers?
no just a few more people that don't know how to clean up after themselves

So the missus doesn’t like two gyms in our area (we get access to a bunch of them) so we tried out the third tonight, plus fitness 24/7. It’s fine, probably newer equipment and just generally more generic than the other two, missus likes it so that good but all the standard things that s**t me
- blokes using cages and racks for sit ups
- blokes hogging benches
- big groups of girls standing around gossiping
The missus is getting the swipe card for this one and I’ll stick with my old school gyms.

Curious as to what she didn't like about other gyms..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There both a bit older, older equipment, older look and feel, one has a pretty rank old boxing gym smell. In reality it’s the dated look.

Personally like that (not so much the smell..)because people who go there know their s**t. Also people go there to work out

Personally like that (not so much the smell..)because people who go there know their s**t. Also people go there to work out

Yeh, I prefer it massively. It’s old school, has everything I need and is relatively quiet, I’ve mentioned in here before that I have nothing to complain about there, it’s just not her thing, she would likely prefer a big chain (fitness first) bright and fresh but overcrowded and full of time wasters.

Also belts, there are two young blokes who go to my gym, wore belts when they were only training arms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say it annoys me but it's a bit try-hard, isn't it?

Unless you're squatting or deadlifting heavy, belts probably aren't necessary - in fact, your core is less engaged with a belt, and if you're using them when they aren't absolutely required it's effectively hindering your core development.

Unless you're squatting or deadlifting heavy, belts probably aren't necessary - in fact, your core is less engaged with a belt, and if you're using them when they aren't absolutely required it's effectively hindering your core development.

Not entirely accurate.
Increased or decreased trunk muscle activity appears to be dependent on the individual.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/3-key-benefits-of-wearing-a-weightlfting-belt.html

https://www.ebtofficial.com/fitness/lifting-belts-not-decrease-abdominal-muscle-activity/

Both of these cite published, peer reviewed trials/articles

The influx of resolution-ers at the gym at the moment is triggering my patience a little. Theses socially-inept silly people not re-racking weights. Don't load up the bar with 100kg, do your 3 sets then casually walk off.

Etiquette exists everywhere; the walking path, the road, the golf course, the bedroom, and the gym. Just be cool.

I've seen these two guys Instagram accounts, definitely try hards

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back