Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ON the treadmill - on of ten treadmills - all are free.

Starting to ramp up the speed and take in he big breaths.

Sweaty gross dude gets on the only treadmill that is between me and the fan, which also happens to be directly next to me. This guy must have been out on the town because he was seeping stale garlic and booze from his pores.

Far out.

I smashed the stop button. Gave him the stink eye, shook my head and went to a different treadmill. Somehow he looked confused and I looked like the jerk.

Watched a dude last night use the bench for a good 30 minutes to do 3 or 4 sets of 6 reps with 2.5kgs on each side of the bar mixed in with 60 second planks which were done on the bench. Didn't really irritate me but was just bizarre.
Was at my old gym a few months back and this PT and his client were on the bench for about 45 minutes. Using it for bench, leg raises, seated overhead press, dumbbell Curls etc. There was plenty of downtime as well. I asked if I could work in with them and he said ‘still using it mate, will be a while’. There were other benches free for the non bench exercises they were doing as well.

I told the PT he was a ****head.

apart from when i was a lifting newbie, i never use the leg press now as I dont think of it much of a functional exercise (unless you're a rower) or to my needs specifically, but when I worked as floor staff in a gym I used to enjoy unloading leg presses. gave me something to do, and a mini-workout. it's funny how folks want to be strong, but not use it for anything other than their sets and reps. it's not really that hard either as most of the plates have homes on the machine itself. it's really just poor etiquette and laziness. a function of society - "it's not mine, i don't care.....it's using up my FB or youtube time before my next exercise."

the fellas at the club put all their s**t away, but footy clubs use these sorts of rules as a discipline building tool. we don't have leg presses at the facility anyway.
Leg press is a shocking exercise

Leg press is a shocking exercise
For many people yes - the Australian cycling team in the 80s rose to dominance and single-leg leg presses were one of their major exercises.

Anna Meares can do a 110kg single-leg leg press so it's still definitely a part of cyclist training. Plus her box jumps are insane.

Probably has been discussed, I imagine its a pretty common complaint!

I was venting a little after a run in with a lady earlier this week - my mind cannot comprehend how someone would come to the conclusion that it is ok to demand the far right hand side of a 4m wide shared path - it is a very busy path and no doubt if she had spent 5mins walking she would have seen literally 50+ people practising the nornal social etiquette of sticking to the left.
Its like germs that hog the right lane on a freeway whilst a stream of traffic undertakes them, why do these people exist? Is it arrogance or ignorance?
We need public floggings for these kind of antisocial campaigners.

Bowl on through that bitch and keep on runnin'

This is a weird one, but MMA gyms have a very strict "no shoes on the mats" rule. Its around carrying s**t on your shoes onto the mat which can lead to infections on cuts (golden staff is common for guys who train at MMA gyms).

Anyway, was doing my boxing on the weekend with no shoes on, on the mats and a dude rolls in, takes his shoes off and wanders onto the mats like he owns the place, whilst eating sushi.

I'm not rolling on the mats so I don't really care but surely a no shoes on the mats rule would imply don't eat on the mats as well...

For many people yes - the Australian cycling team in the 80s rose to dominance and single-leg leg presses were one of their major exercises.

Anna Meares can do a 110kg single-leg leg press so it's still definitely a part of cyclist training. Plus her box jumps are insane.
Just never been a fan myself for actual leg development and strength. Have always rated squats and deadlifts as the key moves. But i am sure for sport it has a purpose. Anna Meares has an arse like a Melbourne Cup Winner. I am not surprised.

In Perth for work at the moment (worked in a gym for 10 years, ergh having to pay casually)
Snap 24/7 had a bench press that was being propped level with 2 x 10kg weigh plates..... Decided to train legs instead....
Went to a Goodlife this morning, really liked it, was really free of douche-bagery but $20 casual :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just YouTubed her box jumps.

That's nuts.

In Perth for work at the moment (worked in a gym for 10 years, ergh having to pay casually)
Snap 24/7 had a bench press that was being propped level with 2 x 10kg weigh plates..... Decided to train legs instead....
Went to a Goodlife this morning, really liked it, was really free of douche-bagery but $20 casual :oops:
Not sure what part of perth your in but you would be hard pushed to find a better gym than one of the golds franchises

A patron at the gym this afternoon has set a new PB for hogging equipment (admittedly there is only 3 other people in the gym)

She was doing bicep curls on the wooden platform of the squat rack
Back rows on the smith machine
Dumbbell bicep curls
Dumbbell one arms on a bench seat
Used another seat for her phone

This one time at band camp.........

Guy had his towel on one machine, which he wasn't using for 20 minutes and used it once in the prior ten before that. Was talking on another machine to another guy, he saw me go to use the one where his towel was on. Came up to me and said '' I was using that '' :DPredictable he would say that once he was walking over.

That wasn't as bad as another time. A campaigner was on three different machines, and wasn't using the leg press for a good 20 minutes also. Came up to me and said the same thing. Blokes on a power trip. I didn't want to be the guy that mashes some campaigners head in, in a gym. But I probably should have been that guy that mashes someones head in, in a gym { The Departed line, kinda }

No I didn't say anything. Because If I did, he would say something back, and then Macpotata ends up macpotatering said campaigners head in, and I get in the s**t. Then I can't watch my beloved cats.

Wonder what her standing vertical is?

I’d guess in the 30-40cm range.
Her hips start about 2/3 up the height of the box (110cm) and only just clears the top when she lands.
Her box jump is “inflated” by her hip and ankle mobility allowing her to land so low.

Happened a few times, more so this year. Losers trying to mad dog me in the gym. Either that or they're just homosexual. They don't realise that they're not in junior high anymore, and I like women. Luuuuuuuuuv women:cool:

Regardless, it wreaks of desperation and inferiority. Or yeah again, they still haven't grown up or they want to date me:'(

Happened a few times, more so this year. Losers trying to mad dog me in the gym. Either that or they're just homosexual. They don't realise that they're not in junior high anymore, and I like women. Luuuuuuuuuv women:cool:

Regardless, it wreaks of desperation and inferiority. Or yeah again, they still haven't grown up or they want to date me:'(
What does mad dog mean?

Funny campaigners. Mad dog means staring at someone with " angry " eyes.

Staring in an aggressive manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back