Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should start a thread

“Strange things you’ve seen”

Half the posts would come under this category than things that genuinely irritate us

First time ive been to my Sydney gym at a more normal hour (I'm normally there 7.30pm or later) last night.

I maintain my issue with PT's training multiple clients at peak times and hogging equipment to do so.
I saw a PT vs PT stand off the other day, was quite funny

PT 1 had someone supersetting between a cable row and hack squat, PT 2 walked up the currently unused Cable row to get started and got told off

Gave them the if you are super setting with legs I will have time to work in look, got the I was here first look back

I thought about starting a fight fight fight chant but decided I'd just let the PT use the cable row I was on and use the other one on the other side of the floor area

I saw a PT vs PT stand off the other day, was quite funny

PT 1 had someone supersetting between a cable row and hack squat, PT 2 walked up the currently unused Cable row to get started and got told off

Gave them the if you are super setting with legs I will have time to work in look, got the I was here first look back

I thought about starting a fight fight fight chant but decided I'd just let the PT use the cable row I was on and use the other one on the other side of the floor area

Should of let them fight, scumbags

It annoys me when people tell me, "I wish I had time to go to the gym". Firstly, that's just an excuse. If you really wanted to you'd find time. Secondly I feel like that's a veiled jibe, insinuating that I have so much time on my hands to go to the gym.

It annoys me when people tell me, "I wish I had time to go to the gym". Firstly, that's just an excuse. If you really wanted to you'd find time. Secondly I feel like that's a veiled jibe, insinuating that I have so much time on my hands to go to the gym.

Is started going HAM at the gym when I moved to Sydney 12 months ago, when I recently caught up with some mates in Melbourne there was a lot of comments about how much bigger I’ve gotten, one particular mate asked if I was alright, implying I must have been using the gym to deal with some inherent loneliness from changing cities. He’s not entirely wrong, less friends and less social engagements means I have more time for the gym but I don’t see that as a negative either. Couple of guys at work always find it bizarre I go to the gym, they have kids and claim they’d never have time but they also watch twice the tv I do.

Yeah it's a bullshit excuse they're trying to turn around to look like a positive.

Also, if their jobs are so busy they can't find time to exercise, well, they're basically slaves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should of let them fight, scumbags
I actually like the PT in my gym in the mornings. We talk football and he makes sure everything is clean, what's not to like?

Is started going HAM at the gym when I moved to Sydney 12 months ago, when I recently caught up with some mates in Melbourne there was a lot of comments about how much bigger I’ve gotten, one particular mate asked if I was alright, implying I must have been using the gym to deal with some inherent loneliness from changing cities. He’s not entirely wrong, less friends and less social engagements means I have more time for the gym but I don’t see that as a negative either. Couple of guys at work always find it bizarre I go to the gym, they have kids and claim they’d never have time but they also watch twice the tv I do.
You have good mental strength and discipline to not let the loneliness drag you down and affect you negatively. Good resolve. Many people would cave, credit to you.

I hope you don't feel that way as I am sure it is not their intention.

Definitely not a negative.

May I take the flip side for discussions sake.

I also have heard from friends that they do not have time. Ive scoffed at it, but on reflection probably shouldn't have without knowing their situation at the time, and feel a little bad about my actions.

One mate has a young family, 3 and 1. He does not gym. He rides. He mentioned that he wish he could go pump iron too, but doesn't have the time. I get that. He watches some tv at night. Yes he could refrain from watching tv, but hey everyone's different.

In a nutshell, of course if you want to do something you find time to do it. There's plenty of 24 hour gyms, you can say if have family, complete family duties, when they're all asleep hit the gym, even if it's 11pm or whatever.
But at the end of the day, gym may not be high on their want to do list like it is on ours.

I can 100% see how people wouldn't have time. It's all well and good to say you make time but the gym is quite a selfish habbit in a family environment. That is either an hour or so less time with your child you already don't see much of after a day of work, or an hour you don't get to spend with your partner which is rare time once children go to bed. I'm not a gym-goer so it may be easier for me to make the excuse but for me to be able to go to the gym I'd either have to get up at 3:30 am or get to bed about 11 and that's not really viable.

I can 100% see how people wouldn't have time. It's all well and good to say you make time but the gym is quite a selfish habbit in a family environment. That is either an hour or so less time with your child you already don't see much of after a day of work, or an hour you don't get to spend with your partner which is rare time once children go to bed. I'm not a gym-goer so it may be easier for me to make the excuse but for me to be able to go to the gym I'd either have to get up at 3:30 am or get to bed about 11 and that's not really viable.

correct.

i know people dont like it when parents give excuses involving kids, but end of the day sometimes you cant be stuffed doing anything after a day with the kids.

correct.

i know people dont like it when parents give excuses involving kids, but end of the day sometimes you cant be stuffed doing anything after a day with the kids.

It works the other way too, my boy is nearly one, he is a handfull and he is an awesome kid, there is people out there having a much worse time. Some days is just too much for the missus, she needs help, it's not fair on her to say "yeah righto, I'm finishing now, going to the gym for an hour then I'll come help"

Good call milpool

Right now it’s just me and my fiancé and a dog no kids. There is zero reasons for me not to go - I also go to a 24/7 gym. When we have kids it will be a different story.

But I do get up at 5am weekdays to go to the gym. Going first thing in the morning means working late or footy training doesn’t get in the way.

It works the other way too, my boy is nearly one, he is a handfull and he is an awesome kid, there is people out there having a much worse time. Some days is just too much for the missus, she needs help, it's not fair on her to say "yeah righto, I'm finishing now, going to the gym for an hour then I'll come help"

we are in agreement

i know people without kids hate it when a parent says "u no know what its like, u dont have kids" (which said in the wrong way is hurtful)....but it is also true.

I hope you don't feel that way as I am sure it is not their intention.

Definitely not a negative.

May I take the flip side for discussions sake.

I also have heard from friends that they do not have time. Ive scoffed at it, but on reflection probably shouldn't have without knowing their situation at the time, and feel a little bad about my actions.

One mate has a young family, 3 and 1. He does not gym. He rides. He mentioned that he wish he could go pump iron too, but doesn't have the time. I get that. He watches some tv at night. Yes he could refrain from watching tv, but hey everyone's different.

In a nutshell, of course if you want to do something you find time to do it. There's plenty of 24 hour gyms, you can say if have family, complete family duties, when they're all asleep hit the gym, even if it's 11pm or whatever.
But at the end of the day, gym may not be high on their want to do list like it is on ours.

Yes, agree with your point. However, if this is the case...say “It is not my priority” rather than “I don’t have time”. I have no issue with this.

It’s all about what’s important to you. People could get out of bed earlier, go to bed later, watch less TV, eat their lunch quickly/workout during lunch, run while your kid bikes/scooters next to you, do a body weight workout next to your sleeping child in the cot...there are endless solutions.

No matter how much this reality irritates some people, there is always someone busier than you who makes time for what is important to them.

Last edited:
Yes, agree with your point. However, if this is the case...say “It is not my priority” rather than “I don’t have time”.

Everyone has time. It’s all about what’s important to you. And if health/fitness is not important, then don’t lie, just admit it.

It's a complex situation. Time is a construct that means different things to everyone. I think its easier to say dont have time rather than its not my priority. I think its the same in a strange way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back