Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing deadlifts today and a young guy was benching in the rack next to me, I was still doing warm ups and went to the toilet in between. I came back and the guy had moved my weights and put wooden blocks underneath each end when I walked over he told me that's what they are there for and it won't effect my range of motion ... the * dude. He then saw my perplexed face and then told me that my deadlifts were too loud and it was rattling his brain when he was benching o_O I ended up leaving as my program was for deadlifts from the ground not 2" off the floor and I was frustrated. Like, why didn't he tell me as I was doing them? Who shifts your entire setup when you aren't around? I'm sure if I was a guy he wouldn't have done it.

I was doing deadlifts today and a young guy was benching in the rack next to me, I was still doing warm ups and went to the toilet in between. I came back and the guy had moved my weights and put wooden blocks underneath each end when I walked over he told me that's what they are there for and it won't effect my range of motion ... the **** dude. He then saw my perplexed face and then told me that my deadlifts were too loud and it was rattling his brain when he was benching o_O I ended up leaving as my program was for deadlifts from the ground not 2" off the floor and I was frustrated. Like, why didn't he tell me as I was doing them? Who shifts your entire setup when you aren't around? I'm sure if I was a guy he wouldn't have done it.

What a soft dear he must be, you should have told him to get ear plugs or buy himself a home gym.

People who use a weight belt for all work outs s**t me, I'm no expert but isn't a belt for heavy lifts like squats or deadlifts to support your core.
Instead they wear the belt for bicep curls or when using the assisted ab machine.

Annoys me....

People who use a weight belt for all work outs s**t me, I'm no expert but isn't a belt for heavy lifts like squats or deadlifts to support your core.
Instead they wear the belt for bicep curls or when using the assisted ab machine.

Annoys me....

It keeps their waist tight bro :p

Annoys me....
there's a guy at my gym who regularly does 40kg curls in the squat rack... using a belt

I was doing deadlifts today and a young guy was benching in the rack next to me, I was still doing warm ups and went to the toilet in between. I came back and the guy had moved my weights and put wooden blocks underneath each end when I walked over he told me that's what they are there for and it won't effect my range of motion ... the **** dude. He then saw my perplexed face and then told me that my deadlifts were too loud and it was rattling his brain when he was benching o_O I ended up leaving as my program was for deadlifts from the ground not 2" off the floor and I was frustrated. Like, why didn't he tell me as I was doing them? Who shifts your entire setup when you aren't around? I'm sure if I was a guy he wouldn't have done it.

He has no business doing that, I'd report him to gym management

Fitness first Doncaster by any chance?

Also last night watching some 17yr olds i guess walking around videoing each other doing some tricep exercises on the cable machine... doing it for every set.

Grouse for the insta account brooooo.

nah, not FF Donny. It was bizarre, throwing jabs and dancing in stretch area, where people were stretching. He was wearing jeans and high tops.

did you get their insta accounts?

I've had a running battle with the gym owner and staff for a week now. All over the fans and air conditioning system.

As soon as the temperature hits 20 they put every overhead fan on full bore, and yesterday they chucked on the air con too. Owner also opens the roller door up for cool breezes.

I pull the roller door down as part of my warm up, and complain every visit. They always turn the fans off, UNTIL someone complains about the heat, and then they turn them on again. I am so aggravated by it all I now go off tap at the slightest provocation, such as someone slamming the weight stack after triceps push downs.

I have had a scratchy throat all week. If I catch a cold because of all this I will clock someone.

Went into a sports store this afternoon to buy a thin material zip down jacket suitable for exercising. The one i liked didn't fit, and they didn't have 3XL. The lovely customer service assistant agreed I should not have to train in arctic conditions.

I am not going to shower anymore and will train wearing a beanie, Guns N Roses T-shirt, and a scowl. I hope I scare away all the new 4 MONTHS FOR $200 noobs.

I've had a running battle with the gym owner and staff for a week now. All over the fans and air conditioning system.

As soon as the temperature hits 20 they put every overhead fan on full bore, and yesterday they chucked on the air con too. Owner also opens the roller door up for cool breezes.

I pull the roller door down as part of my warm up, and complain every visit. They always turn the fans off, UNTIL someone complains about the heat, and then they turn them on again. I am so aggravated by it all I now go off tap at the slightest provocation, such as someone slamming the weight stack after triceps push downs.

I have had a scratchy throat all week. If I catch a cold because of all this I will clock someone.

Went into a sports store this afternoon to buy a thin material zip down jacket suitable for exercising. The one i liked didn't fit, and they didn't have 3XL. The lovely customer service assistant agreed I should not have to train in arctic conditions.

I am not going to shower anymore and will train wearing a beanie, Guns N Roses T-shirt, and a scowl. I hope I scare away all the new 4 MONTHS FOR $200 noobs.

is the gym based in a garage?

Ergh, So your saying your one of those entitled members, who who thinks the conditions should just suit them? And not the overall patronage.
20 degrees is pretty hot to train in. I'd be sweating bullets just doing weights, let alone any cardio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ergh, So your saying your one of those entitled members, who who thinks the conditions should just suit them? And not the overall patronage.
20 degrees is pretty hot to train in. I'd be sweating bullets just doing weights, let alone any cardio.

The irony of this passage was certainly not lost on me
“I pull the roller door down as part of my warm up, and complain every visit. They always turn the fans off, UNTIL someone complains about the heat, and then they turn them on again. I am so aggravated by it all”

I agree, there is nothing worst than an overly cold gym or training with a fan blowing on you, it defeats the purpose particularly if you are trying to lose weight.
Not sure really how temperature would affect wight loss training purposes.
Comfort levels would Depend on how your training. In an 18 deegree gym with air cons and fans it'll only take about 30-90 seconds to start sweating on a treadmill, Crosstrainer or Stairclimber. In a 20+ degree gym with no fans, air con or airflow in what he describes as a shed like set up, you'll be generating a sweat even in your basic warm up sets of weight training. Could get pretty uncomfortable for a large chunk of gen pop doing any cardio in those conditions.

Depends on how your training. In an 18 deegree gym with air cons and fans it'll only take about 30-90 seconds to start sweating on a treadmill, Crosstrainer or Stairclimber. In a 20+ degree gym with no fans, air con or airflow in what he describes as a shed like set up, you'll be generating a sweat even in your basic warm up sets of weight training. Could get pretty uncomfortable for a large chunk of gen pop doing any cardio in those conditions.

Maybe its just me but I like to sweat or feel I didn't work hard enough but I guess its a personal thing.

I agree, there is nothing worst than an overly cold gym or training with a fan blowing on you, it defeats the purpose particularly if you are trying to lose weight.

How?
The only extra weight loss in hot conditions would be fluid from sweat, and that’s going to decrease your performance which would mean you get less work done and therefore have a smaller training effect.
That’s not really the point though. The argument being made here is that any one gym patron’s preferences are more important than another’s which, unless they have some sort of stake in the gym or bring in extra revenue somehow, is simply not the case at which point preferences on things like music, temperature etc should simply revert back to the mean.

Put an aircon at 20 degrees is laughable, how soft are some people.

As soft as the people complaining about it?

I prefer a hotter gym than a cooler gym. But I like the toilets to be air-conned. Nothing worse than sweating on the throne. Especially if you're dumping illegally in the female loos.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

How?
The only extra weight loss in hot conditions would be fluid from sweat, and that’s going to decrease your performance which would mean you get less work done and therefore have a smaller training effect.
That’s not really the point though. The argument being made here is that any one gym patron’s preferences are more important than another’s which, unless they have some sort of stake in the gym or bring in extra revenue somehow, is simply not the case at which point preferences on things like music, temperature etc should simply revert back to the mean.

As soft as the people complaining about it?

I find cardio is more effective in hot than cold conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back