Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, how do you recover?
6 days are weights. Saturdays are normally rest days, except for playing football or cricket depending on what season it is.
I have standard chest/tri days, back/bi, shoulders core, legs, and a deadlift day. So each group gets about 3 days rest.
I take 2 spin classes per week and take an aqua aerobics class, so that's the extra sessions
And ummm. No not Tren🙄

6 days are weights. Saturdays are normally rest days, except for playing football or cricket depending on what season it is.
I have standard chest/tri days, back/bi, shoulders core, legs, and a deadlift day. So each group gets about 3 days rest.
I take 2 spin classes per week and take an aqua aerobics class, so that's the extra sessions
And ummm. No not Tren🙄
Bro splits...cool bananas

Any extra weight loss from when it is hot is only fluid.
If anything hot temperature would be worse for weight loss as your performance would decrease.

You would burn more calories when it is freezing and the body is trying to warm itself up, as oppose to sweating in a hot environment.

Guy has gone to the effort of bringing his own chalk to the gym but is then squatting with one of the bars without centre knurling.

Also went from bouncing his hamstrings off his calves warming up with the bar to just below parallel with 40kg, above parallel with 60kg and barely a quarter squat with 80kg lol

Also went from bouncing his hamstrings off his calves warming up with the bar to just below parallel with 40kg, above parallel with 60kg and barely a quarter squat with 80kg lol

LOL

I like doing stuff out of the hole a fair bit. 90-100kg for me but i like to get right in there and bust out of that hole.

Then i watch blokes load up 120/140+ and end up doing above parallel.

I just want to scream out...

Well she can ******** and hit on someone else. I've got deadlifting to do.

I know you're just joking, LP, but I've never quite understood some of intensely focused mindsets of people who would be annoyed/angry if another person were to interrupt their workout in any fashion.

Like, calm down mate. Life's not that serious.

Last edited:
I wasn’t sure where to put this but a mates girlfriend on Saturday night was raving about her ‘waist trainer’ that’s going to help her lose weight and give her an hourglass figure.. well raving about it in between complaining about how tight it was.

That’s not how you lose weight. What a waste of 100 bucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicep curls
standing tricep extension
upright rows
lateral raises etc.

I try to superset with something I need to use the bench for because I'm guilty of this sometimes...mainly when it's quiet. Never during peak times.

I am thinking about changing gyms. The local gym has changed owner and the price has dropped so I'm keen on going to a proper gym with roiders who put their ******* weights away!

I wasn’t sure where to put this but a mates girlfriend on Saturday night was raving about her ‘waist trainer’ that’s going to help her lose weight and give her an hourglass figure.. well raving about it in between complaining about how tight it was.

That’s not how you lose weight. What a waste of 100 bucks.

It’s amazing what people will fall for after seeing some influencer flogging on their Instagram, when in reality they have probably starved themselves to get in good shape, have advantageous genetics and train with great discipline to get in shape.

I'm keen on going to a proper gym with roiders who put their ******* weights away!

We have a 'roider' in our gym who has calves the size of my head. He does drop sets on the seated chest press.

Instead of getting orf the seat and removing the weights like a gentleman, he remains in his seat, squeezes his giant mitts between the plates, and flings them off.

I was working out behind him once and just saw plates being ejected sideways from this machine.

And of course he just gets up and walks away from his mess with no *s given.

We have a 'roider' in our gym who has calves the size of my head. He does drop sets on the seated chest press.

Instead of getting orf the seat and removing the weights like a gentleman, he remains in his seat, squeezes his giant mitts between the plates, and flings them off.

I was working out behind him once and just saw plates being ejected sideways from this machine.

And of course he just gets up and walks away from his mess with no ****s given.
I’m picturing this scene in my head and it sounds ******* hilarious :p.

I was reading this half expecting that he’d force two cronies to stand either side of the machine and unload the plates for him 😂

Last edited:
I was reading this half expecting that he’d force to cronies to stand either side of the machine and unload the plates for him 😂
Guys he's promised to train to get big like him but has failed to mention the roids

All natural bro

And of course he just gets up and walks away from his mess with no ****s given.
Hahahaha brilliant.

This is a bikie gym I think so rules must be followed. It's quite refreshing to know fear keeps people in place

Bloke doing preacher curls interspersed with tricep push down over two apparati. the push down used a stirrup. he wasnt using it at the time, and i went and took it away so i could do some standing flys. anyway, i didnt know he was using it. and he went back and looked puzzled, then saw me doing my thing using the stirrup. he starred at me. so i starred back.

Not sure bikies would stand over someone for not throwing some plates back :p.

You’d be surprised.
The few I know treat their gym(s) with the same respect as their club room(s) and in turn expect everyone to do the same.

You’d be surprised.
The few I know treat their gym(s) with the same respect as their club room(s) and in turn expect everyone to do the same.
This. It has an underlying feeling like this.

That's why it's rare that anyone acts out of line. If the s**t i saw at the cookie cutter gym happened, heads would roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back