Not open for further replies.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
People who wear wrist wraps (as opposed to lifting straps) whilst deadlifting.
Compressing your forearm/wrist with a wrap is actually making it harder to grip the bar.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
People who wear wrist wraps (as opposed to lifting straps) whilst deadlifting.
Compressing your forearm/wrist with a wrap is actually making it harder to grip the bar.
I need them for squats, but not deadlifts.

Need a new pair

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
Squats I understand, particularly if you don’t have big rear delts and squat low bar.
Deads make no sense lol.
I read somewhere (possibly total BS) that wrapping your wrists very tightly whilst your hands are in a gripped position improves your grip strength by holding some forearm muscles in place

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I read somewhere (possibly total BS) that wrapping your wrists very tightly whilst your hands are in a gripped position improves your grip strength by holding some forearm muscles in place
My grip strength is terrible.

I might give this a go. After doing deadlifts, i can barely do upright rows because the bar just falls out of my hands.

Stupid grip

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs

I can see where someone would get that idea from but it’s fair to say I’m skeptical haha

nuey

Senior List
Apr 30, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Glenelg
This: 20190616_212217.jpg

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Jesus ******* christ i came here to whine about this.

I came into the gym at 4:30 today. It was a ******* mess. s**t not racked, weights ******* everywhere.

I did about 60 mins of squats on my own and in that time, tidied the entire rack section back into order between sets. Farmers carries as you will.

Then at the end of my session, a few tarts and manlets start wandering in and what do you know? it took ******* 10 mins for the 5kgs to be in the 15kg section and s**t dumped on the floor.

I treat the place like its my own place. I am going to tell campaigners to ******* put s**t in the right spot next time. if you can pull the 5kg plates down from above, you can sure as * put it back up.

This is why i need a strict bikie gym with fear and structure, * south pacific

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There was a new couple at the gym tonight. Never seen them, but it was quite interesting to watch them go to a machine, use it for about 10 seconds and then get up and go to another machine. Again, 10 seconds there and off to another machine.

Started on the leg extensions, then its off to the lat pulldown, then off to the shoulder press and then to the ab machine. This happened for about 30 mins.

Nice circuit work!

nuey

Senior List
Apr 30, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Glenelg
That is ******* ridiculous. No doubt a man bun wearing campaigner did that ****.

At least our dumbbells are never usually like this. They are all out of order, but at least they are on the racks

Actually if I expand that shot you can see some bright **** has put 3kg dumbells on the ground NEXT to the rack.
20190616_220006.jpg

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Actually if I expand that shot you can see some bright **** has put 3kg dumbells on the ground NEXT to the rack.
View attachment 693675

wow what a mess.

I like how the big campaigners put the 50kg dumbbells up top on the 10kg section, and anarchy starts. IF YOU CAN LIFT IT, PUT IT ******* BACK IN THE CORRECT SPOT

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jesus ******* christ i came here to whine about this.

I came into the gym at 4:30 today. It was a ******* mess. **** not racked, weights ******* everywhere.

I did about 60 mins of squats on my own and in that time, tidied the entire rack section back into order between sets. Farmers carries as you will.

Then at the end of my session, a few tarts and manlets start wandering in and what do you know? it took ******* 10 mins for the 5kgs to be in the 15kg section and **** dumped on the floor.

I treat the place like its my own place. I am going to tell campaigners to ******* put **** in the right spot next time. if you can pull the 5kg plates down from above, you can sure as **** put it back up.

This is why i need a strict bikie gym with fear and structure, **** south pacific

LOL.

What neanderthal takes dumbbells off the rack then decides to leave them on the floor? What goes through their head? IMO, if you can't abide by simple LIFE etiquette, don't leave the house.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Prepare to be triggered.
I remember when I visited there a few years ago I could only find 1 of a pair of dumbbells.
Eventually I found (part) of the other dumbbell - the head at one head had snapped off and they never bothered to replace it.
I also got told it was my problem for being so weak I had to use a 10lb dumbbell for something lol.

1561088763173.png
1561088818749.png
1561088864059.png

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
wearing long black socks, straight brim cap.
LOL

Yesterday was a strange day. I had a flog making a mess with 50kg dumbells, 150kg on the squat (1/4 depth) and the hex bar loaded up all at the same time. And some other middle aged flog campaigner strapping chains and weights to himself whilst walking around the gym doing lat pulldowns and seated leg press.

oh boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back