saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I was on holidays last week and managed to find a local gym. It’s a handy gym but gets busy mid morning and there is limited equipment - like one “cage” to do squats or dead’s. One lady in there decided to use this cage and barbell for her extra heavy barbell curls with 1.25kg plate each side

bloke doing single dumb bell bent over row using the seat on this for support when benches are free

1578539707407.jpeg

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You could probably name a hundred exercises people do weirdly at the gym, but one that keeps bopping up in my mind is like a leg press on the assisted pull-up machine!

It needs to be sent to the graveyard IMO.

1578562308225.png

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
You could probably name a hundred exercises people do weirdly at the gym, but one that keeps bopping up in my mind is like a leg press on the assisted pull-up machine!

It needs to be sent to the graveyard IMO.

View attachment 803994

Not that I care (humblebrag cause I don’t use the assist) but it really is weird, is there any advantage over that to a standard leg press or squat?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Congrats you win this thread Mofra. that is beyond gross
I don't know I reckon that time the crusty skin flakes left on a bench bar ended up on my face was worse

Well, what is he supposed to do? Get out of the shower, put on his bathrobe? Go all the way down to the other end? Come all the way back?

It's all pipes, what's the difference!
Different pipes go to different places. You're gonna mix them up!

CazC30

Far from the madding crowd.
Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
People wearing inappropriate clothing or just looking to pose in their gear than have any intention of using the gym for its primary use,

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Irritating things for me recently was my gym (Blackwood Fitness) shutting down just before Christmas. They were crazy cheap ($155 for a year). Obviously too crazy cheap as they've gone under with debt. Still got 7 years of crazy cheap gym out of them.

Now going to a 24 hour Zap just up the road for $9.95 a week. So still not too bad a price (and my Blackwood membership 'loss' is around $30 on time left so not stressing too much, like the people who got Memberships as Christmas gifts). Upside there is can go to gym at 5.25, home about 6.45 for shower and breakfast and not lugging a gym bag then to work.

Downsides are a smaller gym so missing a Reverse Hyper Machine (good for me with a bulging disc) and their roof is too low, so I can't do Muscle Up's there without hitting it. Most sad though is so far (been there a week) is the 5.30 - 6.45 crowd just doesn't have the quantity or quality of eye candy I used to get. :(

Irritating things for me recently was my gym (Blackwood Fitness) shutting down just before Christmas. They were crazy cheap ($155 for a year). Obviously too crazy cheap as they've gone under with debt. Still got 7 years of crazy cheap gym out of them.

Now going to a 24 hour Zap just up the road for $9.95 a week. So still not too bad a price (and my Blackwood membership 'loss' is around $30 on time left so not stressing too much, like the people who got Memberships as Christmas gifts). Upside there is can go to gym at 5.25, home about 6.45 for shower and breakfast and not lugging a gym bag then to work.

Downsides are a smaller gym so missing a Reverse Hyper Machine (good for me with a bulging disc) and their roof is too low, so I can't do Muscle Up's there without hitting it. Most sad though is so far (been there a week) is the 5.30 - 6.45 crowd just doesn't have the quantity or quality of eye candy I used to get. :(

Change gym?

Air quality - got to the gym a little early this morning, whole centre closed due to the air quality.
Did a high rep leg session in the park but it just wasn't the same.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Air quality - got to the gym a little early this morning, whole centre closed due to the air quality.
Did a high rep leg session in the park but it just wasn't the same.

Interesting, seeing as getting to the gym involves you going outdoors where the air quality is the same or worse. The business must be mitigating any risk of patrons worsening any health issues they currently have.

Interesting, seeing as getting to the gym involves you going outdoors where the air quality is the same or worse. The business must be mitigating any risk of patrons worsening any health issues they currently have.
Well according to Facebook the gym is now open but the poll is still shut. It's confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back