Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

grabbing a kettlebell and trying to move it above their shoulders/head like they would a dumbell, fail twist of the wrist/neck/back etc.

grabbing a bit of equipment, looking about it and being like "wtf", then putting it back.

jumping straight onto a row ergo and then just hammering it as hard as they can with a curved back and no leg strength involvement.

going backwards on the lat pulldown machine and trying to pull the bar back in front of them then slipping off the seat and dropping the weight.

etc.

grabbing a kettlebell and trying to move it above their shoulders/head like they would a dumbell, fail twist of the wrist/neck/back etc.

grabbing a bit of equipment, looking about it and being like "wtf", then putting it back.

jumping straight onto a row ergo and then just hammering it as hard as they can with a curved back and no leg strength involvement.

going backwards on the lat pulldown machine and trying to pull the bar back in front of them then slipping off the seat and dropping the weight.

etc.

Someone literally sat backwards on lat pull down?

Someone literally sat backwards on lat pull down?

I’ve sat backwards of the fixed lever arm pull down. It’s like a reverse pull down and works the lats better than sitting facing forwards which uses to much front delts

Most sad though is so far (been there a week) is the 5.30 - 6.45 crowd just doesn't have the quantity or quality of eye candy I used to get. :(

Change gym?
Things that no longer annoy me so much in the gym update. The last week there's been two friends around 20, both fit, come in a bit before 6 am for multiple days. Hopefully they don't drop off or change times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe they thought lets just let him talk it up
They did seem like polite young men TBH. Judging by the gear they were wearing, they were high level soccer players. He was instructing them on slow steady technique with lower weights and higher reps. His advice was sound, but probably the opposite of what they need.

Literally on my phone reading this between a set. Did look up to see if anyone was getting shitty at me

Between sets I can deal with. It’s the utter bastards who sit there after they have finished but get up and move on after the finally look up to see people waiting.

Between sets I can deal with. It’s the utter bastards who sit there after they have finished but get up and move on after the finally look up to see people waiting.
Generally they are of a certain caterogy

January is always rough for irritating stuff at the gym. A really specific and particularly petty one for me of the last few weeks, dudes with ALL the lifting gear, gloves, belts, elbow strapping, wrist guards, the works. To go and bench two 10 kg plates... I’m no scientist but surely you wanna develop your joint tolerances at weights that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back