Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could only temp check before working out

Pointless after some exertion (some people do cardio beforehand for example to warm up)

Yeh, you would only check at the start of the class. It’s not foolproof but my point was more you have much more control over a group fitness class than a gym floor.

So I was there probably 5 minutes early and my swipe worked (so they haven’t done anything to lock out members outside of booking times) and whilst most people left within a few minutes of the hour limit there was no enforcing.

Amazingly the gym never had more than 12 people (I was paying pretty close attention) so it would seem to be working.

Would be quite a few too scared to return I'd imagine.
This has to be a factor.

I generally expect people to be selfish and idiotic and somehow the return to gym seemed to work in spite of close to no consideration or counter measures. Clearly people could come and go whenever they liked, clearly after hours there was no way to enforce the 20 person limit and yet it seemed as though not enough people wanted to “take advantage” of that.

I’d like to think it’s a slowly changing shift in mindset from selfishness to being considerate but I think Deliverance nailed it.

I’m not going to risk it at the moment, I live and train in one of the 6 hot spot council areas in Melbourne, so I’m going to have to wait a bit longer just to minimise my risk of exposure.

I went past the GYM about 5pm yesterday and it was really busy, so wouldn’t surprise me if there was a cluster evolving from there.

At my gym they've just separated out two areas demarcated by construction tape stuck to the floor and signs on the walls saying "zone 1" and "zone 2" with a "max pax" of "20" in each one hahah sneaky sneaky... lots of "1.5m" signs around the place (mostly on the floor) and equipment moved around so that the walkways were not so linear and each bit of equipment had the same 1.5m (or so) between it and any other equipment (lucky my main gym had enough floor space to do this). Everybody was being quite considerate of others; this fueled my amazement at people still not wiping down surfaces after they use them.

I suspect my gym would have been operating at or over capacity when I was finishing up today. Had big buckets of wipes everywhere to wipe down the equipment after use but these seemed to just leave moisture on the padding and grips.

I suspect my gym would have been operating at or over capacity when I was finishing up today. Had big buckets of wipes everywhere to wipe down the equipment after use but these seemed to just leave moisture on the padding and grips.
ah yes my gym also provided sanitary wipes and sanitiser. Not sure of patrons used them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's why you need a towel, too... wipe the moisture down after the wipes leave moisture behind; double-wiping, if you will

What do people think about spotting at the gym considering social distancing etc

If people are stupid enough to get under that much weight during a pandemic, then they deserve a crushed thorax.

I'm not spotting anyone UNLESS the spottee is aesthetically pleasing and has a substantial instagram following. Then, and only then, will I risk infection and the possibility of causing toilet paper hoarding hotspots.

Now is not the time to go into "I don't have the genetics for muscle I'm going to be a powerlifter and if that doesn't work I'll try jiu jitsu" mode.

Arthur Jones invented the Nautilus machine for a reason; so you can exercise without killing yourself and looking like a damn fool at the gym.

Just ease into it please people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back