Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyms in Melbourne - masks aren't required for strenuous exercise i.e. running on a treadmill, but required for stretching, bench weights etc.

Obviously rule makers haven't repped 140kgsquats haha

All jokes aside, if you told me 4 weeks ago gyms would be open by Nov 9 i would of said "you are dreaming"

Gyms in Melbourne - masks aren't required for strenuous exercise i.e. running on a treadmill, but required for stretching, bench weights etc.

Obviously rule makers haven't repped 140kgsquats haha

All jokes aside, if you told me 4 weeks ago gyms would be open by Nov 9 i would of said "you are dreaming"
We've gone common sense here. Cardio equipment, you can take it off. Super-setting, circuit work, can take it off. Heavy benching/squatting/deadlifting take it off.
If your standing around chatting, catching up, mask on. Waiting 90sec on a machine between sets, mask etc.

We were equally shocked that we could open with 2 days notice.
There was big backlash and uproar in the conferences, especially about pubs being opened but gyms not.
You have blokes drinking beers yelling, laughing spit flying everywhere, all closer than 1.5m, and its not like barmaids are walking around disinfecting everything all night.
Yet gyms, who can properly keep people distanced and have round the clock staff cleaning, as well as patrons themselves sanitizing everything they touch, cant open. The government caved.

We've gone common sense here. Cardio equipment, you can take it off. Super-setting, circuit work, can take it off. Heavy benching/squatting/deadlifting take it off.
If your standing around chatting, catching up, mask on. Waiting 90sec on a machine between sets, mask etc.

We were equally shocked that we could open with 2 days notice.
There was big backlash and uproar in the conferences, especially about pubs being opened but gyms not.
You have blokes drinking beers yelling, laughing spit flying everywhere, all closer than 1.5m, and its not like barmaids are walking around disinfecting everything all night.
Yet gyms, who can properly keep people distanced and have round the clock staff cleaning, as well as patrons themselves sanitizing everything they touch, cant open. The government caved.

Good luck, much better news than you posted 3 weeks ago.

Also most gyms have some kinda of electronic tracking for sign in and sign out.

Next thing for me is local footy training, hoping we can have 2 x groups of 20 soon - non contact, (considering 50 can be outdoors at a Cafe) But AFLVIC seemsto be dragging their heels and direct local leagues, nothing to happen until Feb.

Feel for those in Victoria.:thumbsu:

You guys are set for two doses of newbie campaigners coming to the gym.

Firstly those that want to shed lockdown weight, they will come when gyms reopen, then you get in a couple of months time, the New Years resolution newbie campaigners.:think:

Bicep curls in the squat rack, here I come.:drunk:

First time back in the gym?

Dont go hard, those gains will happen.
**** no, I've converted friend

Surely you've seen a few of my tldr posts

I don't drop my Ironmasters on the floor after a set of dumbbell presses, I curl back up, problem is I'm prone to whacking my thighs with them, thus corkies :(

Ok, surviving so far

Don't wanna go heavier than 77.5 pounds but
Woo, unscathed

A bit of pressure on the corkie, but nothing like last week that triggered it

So hopefully this time next week I'll be benching out of my rack

First day back yesterday, my 24/7 gym stated they were only open 6am - 10pm and you have to book times between 3pm-7pm (peak times)

I got there yesterday right on 6, but people were already in there, got there this morning at 5:50am, people in there again so clearly the gym is still opening. Most people doing the right thing, there was one bloke who had no mask, no towel, and didn't wipe any equipment down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First day back yesterday, my 24/7 gym stated they were only open 6am - 10pm and you have to book times between 3pm-7pm (peak times)

I got there yesterday right on 6, but people were already in there, got there this morning at 5:50am, people in there again so clearly the gym is still opening. Most people doing the right thing, there was one bloke who had no mask, no towel, and didn't wipe any equipment down.

one mightve thought that this pandemic has taught persons to practice equipment wiping

one mightve thought that this pandemic has taught persons to practice equipment wiping
and some will go to the other extreme on purpose to make a statement

First gym booking for tomorrow, going to be weird after so many months. Been doing a lot of chin ups and BW exercises, and dumbell work.

what statement would they be making? that they think it's a hoax?

I think he meant the other extreme, people can be a bit self righteous and overplay the risks. Make a big deal over people not wearing masks, wiping down equipment etc.

Have decided to still chill for a bit before returning to the gym (am currently out of work and swimming for now will be sufficient)- as they (very kindly) are offering members to continue to freeze their accounts for free.

Checked my VISA this morning- has been charged, even tho freezed.

Gave the manager a buzz- will be refunded that money + first month shall be free when I return. Legend.

Just about to move house, cancelling my membership, I’m assuming I’ll be credited for the months not used.

For corona? Or have you paid for like a year/6 months in advance in full.

Because i dunno- i dont believe you'd get refunded for the latter. I could be wrong tho.

Just back from the gym - it's weird have screens between all the equipment and between the benches.
The booking system means it's much less busy which is nice.

Just back from the gym - it's weird have screens between all the equipment and between the benches.
The booking system means it's much less busy which is nice.

screens? wow that's pretty involved.

i like the booking system also.

pretty quiet when i partook in gym today. wiped down equipment i used which gave a fresh smell to the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back