Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still just walking for now. Hanging out for a Thursday swim tho. 30 degrees, and most ppl are at work.. :smilev1:
Yeah true, outdoor pools are open. Reckon after one of these hot nights I'll walk down to the local at the crack of dawn, some water therapy would be good.

Tomorrow's 36 apparently, but everyone will be out

Wouldn't mind going down Torquay/Angelsea way sooner rather than later though (I can't stand the Bay)

Yeah true, outdoor pools are open. Reckon after one of these hot nights I'll walk down to the local at the crack of dawn, some water therapy would be good.

Tomorrow's 36 apparently, but everyone will be out

Wouldn't mind going down Torquay/Angelsea way sooner rather than later though (I can't stand the Bay)
Ha im the opposite i prefer bay beaches. Cant wait to get down Bellarine way not next week but maybe the one after.

Ha im the opposite i prefer bay beaches. Cant wait to get down Bellarine way not next week but maybe the one after.
Back 10 or so years ago I didn't mind chilling at Williamstown on a hot night getting a Bay breeze

But then all the hoons and every flog would rock up, thus wrecking the cruisey vibe of the joint.

Much prefer swimming in waves, reckon its cleaner too.

I guess down Mornington way would be ok, but if I'm travelling that far I might as well head West.

Back 10 or so years ago I didn't mind chilling at Williamstown on a hot night getting a Bay breeze

But then all the hoons and every flog would rock up, thus wrecking the cruisey vibe of the joint.

Much prefer swimming in waves, reckon its cleaner too.
Oh yeah its a must to check the bay report before swimming. And completely avoid if theres been a storm.

Oh yeah its a must to check the bay report before swimming. And completely avoid if theres been a storm.
The dog beach in Altona is pretty cool though

Probably the last Bay beach I've gone to, albeit I only went in knee deep to play fetch with the dogs, my brother has got 2 border collie-kelpie crosses so we'll take them out every now and then

My gut feel is that Adelaide may go into lockdown. We have a recorded a small outbreak, but this is a community transmission. I fear the worst.

Time to dust off the dumbbell set. Glory be.

I was genuinely making decent gains too. If we can survive till my deload week in December, I will be happy.

My gut feel is that Adelaide may go into lockdown. We have a recorded a small outbreak, but this is a community transmission. I fear the worst.

Time to dust off the dumbbell set. Glory be.

I was genuinely making decent gains too. If we can survive till my deload week in December, I will be happy.

it would take a significant outbreak and community transmission to go into lockdown anywhere near as bad as vic

scaling back restrictions would be the first step.

in Victoria winding back restrictions, wearing masks and postcode lockdowns all occurred first.

it would take a significant outbreak and community transmission to go into lockdown anywhere near as bad as vic

scaling back restrictions would be the first step.

in Victoria winding back restrictions, wearing masks and postcode lockdowns all occurred first.
This is incorrect.

In SA, we had gyms shutdown a lot earlier than the rest of the country.

This is incorrect.

In SA, we had gyms shutdown a lot earlier than the rest of the country.

so you are worried gyms will shutdown earlier? Than other restrictions.

is that what you meant by lockdown? If so I think I just misread your terminology

also my post wasn’t incorrect, it was a very brief summary what happened in Vic around late June/July when case numbers sky rocketed. Also how the government reacted in hindsight was slow but they truly had no idea how rampant the virus was in the community

I didn’t include gyms in my summary but they basically closed within 3 weeks of reopening.

i can’t speak for SA as I don’t live there.

If SA Government has a good test trace isolate system then it can handle community outbreaks

Last edited:
Gyms closed as at midnight in South Australia according to Sky News.

If they are going for elimination, then I think they need to tell us. If the goal is suppression then we can’t be having these restrictions every time we have an outbreak IMO. Obviously the outbreak is either far worse than they are telling us or they don’t have their contact tracing is a position where it should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and? My post was about what happened in South Australia, so I knew what would and has happened.

Sorry next time i will request for permission to post.

For what it is worth, i wasn't trying to pick a fight if anything i was trying to offer you some hope.

SA will learn from VIC's mistake and act fair quicker, i don't wish a 10 week lockdown on anyone.

Sorry next time i will request for permission to post.

For what it is worth, i wasn't trying to pick a fight if anything i was trying to offer you some hope.

SA will learn from VIC's mistake and act fair quicker, i don't wish a 10 week lockdown on anyone.

Well that didnt come across in your 1st response.

We had an approx 10+ weeks where gyms were closed last time. Many gyms in Adelaide had shutdown before being told to, I knew this would happen again.

While disappointed, it provides for me an alternative workout plan I can start to implement.

What are people expecting from Monday?

My guy seems to believe 24 hour will be back on but I don’t think that’s a lock. Should be fine thought unless you need a Marshall.

Anytime fitness didn’t charge me at all during the lockdown.

the mask wearing is dropping at a rate knots. People aren’t even using a towel and seldom wiping down Equipment
I’m sure it varies gym to gym but in mine people walk in and drop there masks in the lockers with their keys.

Like at least get moving first

My guy seems to believe 24 hour will be back on but I don’t think that’s a lock. Should be fine thought unless you need a Marshall.

tbh I can't see unstaffed gyms being a thing again anytime soon.

In South Australia, initially for the first couple of months there was no 24 hour gyms back in June, then this gradually changed and they were obviously unstaffed.

Many gyms that were 24 hours, reverted back to this format.

I cant wait to go back to untimed swimming.

45 minutes is quite rubbish.

If it was 1 hour + 15/30 mins would be perfect.
What happens at the 45min mark? They scoop you out of the pool?

I would just keep swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back