Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I dont disagree with your comment, you mentioned earlier that "I take BF to heart. I feel pain that is real".

Do you really think taking cheap shots at EasternTiger is right?

I appreciate the support mate.

Don't really mind if people want to take pot shots or have a go. Having said that, I have noticed people have become far more aggressive towards me, particularly online.

There's not much you can do to stop them, so the ignore function holds me in good stead.

I have found the really toxic online types are usually just really unhappy souls, so I don't get too upset with them.

I mostly blame the internet.

Indeed. I had no choice really as he had invaded my personal space and was pointing and yelling at me aggressively. They really shouldn't have taken me to task for that, as I acted out of fear for my own well being, if anything.

The reason I suggested we continue our discussion in the carpark was out of concern for the safety of other patrons and gym equipment.

He backed the fu** off as soon as he realised my fists were going to be doing most of the talking out there.

On a positive note, it looks like word has got around the gym, as I haven't seen anyone go near the seated calf for days.

It's an old school tradies cops and crims gym. You need to make a stand in there at some stage. There's a sign over the mirror that reads 'If your not strong enough to put your weights away then ask one of the girls at reception and they will help you' nuff said.

And you know those circuit superset flogs who put their drink/towel on the bench and wander off thinking they can take up 3 machines "I'm still using that mate!" at a time? Yeah nah not happening if your workout crosses paths with mine.

That's actually how I got my first warning.

Personally speaking, I strongly recommend you consider changing gyms.

Happened to me too. Told him and his mates let's take it to the basement car park (no fans or air con there). Said it loudly enough so that everyone could hear, as I flexed my spaghetti arms. They laughed and flexed in response. Then I flexed my sizable calves, they backed off. Would've ended poorly for them otherwise

I like that you make fun of yourself. You giveth and you taketh. :thumbsu:

I am actually do apologise for anything in the gym if I remotely have done something wrong. I find it simpler that way. Fortunately I learnt the "easier" way, this huge 'roid guy about 6ft4 who is trained in MMA apologized profusely for taking my equipment that I was using. I thought if he can say sorry so quickly and easily so can I.

You do get upset very easily when someone even remotely makes jest of a comment of yours or if you take it offensively I have noticed.

If that was me, I wouldnt be taking pot shots at others. Then again Im not you. So do as you please.
Awesome.

And ive noticed you completely take posts the wrong way when im joking.

Cool mate.. well just learn to ignore each other now and move on

I dont think advocating for (or as it read here threatening) violence is ever a good move. Regardless of fans, circuits or anything else, you just cant do that.

There is someone always bigger, faster and stronger than you.

My martial arts instructor always instructed us to not provoke and only use martial arts in self defence only. Mr Miyagi was wise like that. :p

All jokes aside, in the various martial arts I have done, that has always been a common theme, to act in self defence only.

I would rather walk away from a fight if I can. Sure if its a last option and no way out.

I like that you make fun of yourself. You giveth and you taketh. :thumbsu:

I am actually do apologise for anything in the gym if I remotely have done something wrong. I find it simpler that way. Fortunately I learnt the "easier" way, this huge 'roid guy about 6ft4 who is trained in MMA apologized profusely for taking my equipment that I was using. I thought if he can say sorry so quickly and easily so can I.

Im 6'0' 98kgs and have done boxing and MMA for years. I avoid any physical confrontation at all costs. You can be polite and still assertive and most of the time get what you want that way.

Most gym goers have no idea they have inconvenienced you anyway, bringing that to their attention generally nets a good result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is someone always bigger, faster and stronger than you.

My martial arts instructor always instructed us to not provoke and only use martial arts in self defence only. Mr Miyagi was wise like that. :p

All jokes aside, in the various martial arts I have done, that has always been a common theme, to act in self defence only.

I would rather walk away from a fight if I can. Sure if its a last option and no way out.

Think ive told this story somewhere else but my first MMA instructor (who is an absolute weapon) got asked in a session one day "whats the best technique in a bar fight" he said "make sure your cardio is good enough to get the hell away from it".

Im 6'0' 98kgs and have done boxing and MMA for years. I avoid any physical confrontation at all costs. You can be polite and still assertive and most of the time get what you want that way.

Most gym goers have no idea they have inconvenienced you anyway, bringing that to their attention generally nets a good result.
True.

As I said, I have never seen at a gym where "blows" have been exchanged, in fact I have rarely at all ever seen harsh words exchanged.

In terms of gym goers not being aware of their surroundings, I have had big and small guys, "accidentally" bump on the rare occasions. Its always a "sorry" from me and from them.

While things "s**t" me at the gym, its never to the extent that I need to exhange blows, lol. If anything it gives me something to write here. lol.

Cool brah.

Go back to blowing hot air up ETs ass.. i reaaaally dont care. Whatever floats ur boat
You can antagonize all you want.

All I said was I didnt understand your joke earlier, which you reacted negatively to.

The irony was that when you were upset earlier, I actually genuinely tried to allay your sad feelings.

Think ive told this story somewhere else but my first MMA instructor (who is an absolute weapon) got asked in a session one day "whats the best technique in a bar fight" he said "make sure your cardio is good enough to get the hell away from it".
Its actually exhausting to think of the number of scenarios that this can happen and what to do.

As I said, I think walking away is easier if you can.

I would say the one thing though, as I have been trained, walk away fully aware of your surroundings. King hits are real.

Its actually exhausting to think of the number of scenarios that this can happen and what to do.

As I said, I think walking away is easier if you can.

I would say the one thing though, as I have been trained, walk away fully aware of your surroundings. King hits are real.

There is degree of confidence you can have from knowing how to handle yourself that if things escalate you can remain calm and aware instead of going full fight or flight but yeh, de-escalation is always the best option.

There is degree of confidence you can have from knowing how to handle yourself that if things escalate you can remain calm and aware instead of going full fight or flight but yeh, de-escalation is always the best option.

I have have watched so many street fights online and along with training, you really can clearly see the trigger mechanisms and when a person is going to strike a few seconds before they do.

Mind you a few seconds, is a lifetime in a street fight and thats the advantage that those that are trained have.

Personally speaking, I strongly recommend you consider changing gyms.

If I was on direct debit I would have just walked away.

Unfortunately, I have had bad experiences in the past where I have canceled and they kept banging my credit card. So, I have mostly paid in full wherever I have joined.

My gym had a Xmas membership special, so I'm paid up until December. I doubt I will have much success getting a refund, so will probably just stick it out and steer clear of the trouble makers.

I dont think advocating for (or as it read here threatening) violence is ever a good move. Regardless of fans, circuits or anything else, you just cant do that.

Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back