Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the gym owner got tired of hiring hot early 20s girls at the front counter that would end up leaving after a month or two.

We now have a girl probably a size 20 at the desk wearing leggings. I do feel for her, all the PT's would talk to the girls at the front desk while waiting for their clients to rock up. It appears she spends most of the day by herself.

I guess on the plus side, (no pun intended) Im probably taking my diet a lot more seriously.

So the gym owner got tired of hiring hot early 20s girls at the front counter that would end up leaving after a month or two.

We now have a girl probably a size 20 at the desk wearing leggings. I do feel for her, all the PT's would talk to the girls at the front desk while waiting for their clients to rock up. It appears she spends most of the day by herself.

I guess on the plus side, (no pun intended) Im probably taking my diet a lot more seriously.
lol the PTs dont want anything to do with her?

Gotta love a little bit of drizzle in the morning - empty gym for the first half of my workout today

Gotta love a little bit of drizzle in the morning - empty gym for the first half of my workout today
Ive completed a few cycles now (Push/Pull/Legs) and the body is feeling great again.:thumbsu:

Today was hard to get in, just feeling a bit lazy, I convinced myself go for 30mins only then leave. I stayed 2 hours. :drunk:

Last 30mins doing abs was challenging, I was assaulted by BO. This guy wreaked so badly I wanted to say something to him.

Meanwhile some campaigner spent 30 mins seated on the quad machine speaking on his phone. I wasnt intending on using it, but it would have been nice to have had the choice to throw in a couple of quick sets.

I guess the point Im trying to make, is I am happy when either the gym is empty or there is serious people using it, especially if they are doing a different body part to me.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I can’t decide if it’s a positive or negative but the hone gym means even when I CBF I’ll pop in and smash out a quick set of whatever, but I can literally do like a set of arm stuff then head back inside. I’m sure that I used to drag myself to the gym and if I was there I’d find some motivation to do a proper workout.

A guy at my gym eats his post workout meals for about 10-15mins (chicken, rice whatever) in the mens locker room. There are guys taking fresh dumps 2-3 meters from where he is eating. So when I go in there I am assaulted by a buffet of odours.

FMD I am certain he is doing it to get the protein into his system asap. :drunk:

I guess walking 5mins outside and sitting in a park to eat is not an option for him. :rolleyes:

A guy at my gym eats his post workout meals for about 10-15mins (chicken, rice whatever) in the mens locker room. There are guys taking fresh dumps 2-3 meters from where he is eating. So when I go in there I am assaulted by a buffet of odours.

FMD I am certain he is doing it to get the protein into his system asap. :drunk:

I guess walking 5mins outside and sitting in a park to eat is not an option for him. :rolleyes:

why would you eat in the ambience of poo!!!

DOMS
Did calf raises on Saturday. First time in a while. Legs are still as sore as fu**.
The problem with that is that it could be potentially a strain if you havent done calves in while.

When I returned to the gym after a month off, I deliberately went lighter and lower reps until I began my 3rd cycle to avoid any unnecessary DOMS or strain.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The problem with that is that it could be potentially a strain if you havent done calves in while.

When I returned to the gym after a month off, I deliberately went lighter and lower reps until I began my 3rd cycle to avoid any unnecessary DOMS or strain.
Yeah, I've been doing Seated raise, just switched to standing.

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
DOMS
Did calf raises on Saturday. First time in a while. Legs are still as sore as fu**.
Wrong thread imho. File this under "awesome things that get me erect in the gym"

Nothing more satisfying than a good few days of DOMS to remind you of how much you crushed your workout.

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

He probably still believes in the anabolic window.
Amazing how easy it is for something to become a common belief but how hard it is to remove said misconception once it’s been disproven in this industry.

He probably still believes in the anabolic window.
Amazing how easy it is for something to become a common belief but how hard it is to remove said misconception once it’s been disproven in this industry.
Im fairly certain this is the reason, I mean if you can eat a proper meal comfortably while guys are changing and near hot showers/stream, doing dumps and the smell of chlorine from the pool nearby, I cant see any other reason.

Thats not even counting the stale smell of sweat/BO combined with cheap deoderant from the locker rooms either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back