Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Status
Not open for further replies.
taking a week off workouts due to donating blood... it's annoying me because I want to workout at the usual times haha at least my new dog is taking up some of my desire to run about in his play-time.
shouldve thought about that before giving blood ;) haha

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
Would really go for one of these right now but haven't seen them anywhere around, such is life in lockdownia

IMG_1030-opt-1.jpg

Dont feel guilty if you do not work out at all. In times like these, if it feels better not to, then do so
Strongly disagree with this.

Even if you dont have equipment and cannot even do bodyweight exercises, you can always go for a daily walk.

Even with bodyweight exercises you can "cheat" to make them easier so that you can progress towards eventually doing one.

Even just 20 minutes of walking each day is better than nothing, couple that with stretching and it will all help when you eventually head back to the gym, not to mention just having a daily dose of exercise is so good for you mentally as well as physically.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Would really go for one of these right now but haven't seen them anywhere around, such is life in lockdownia

IMG_1030-opt-1.jpg
Do you mean the beach? or dip bars? or a bloke doing dips with a backpack on?

freeoutdoorfitness.net and have a look around your area :) you might be surprised what's available

It sucks but, Get straight in to it mate. When they announced 5 day lockdown, my first thought was fu** it, I'll wait till gyms reopen. Changed my mind and got straight in to it. Thank fu** I did its been weeks now.
I had the same approach as well, fortunately our lockdown in SA ended in 7 days.

I only missed really one PUSH/PULL/LEGS workout.

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
Do you mean the beach? or dip bars? or a bloke doing dips with a backpack on?

freeoutdoorfitness.net and have a look around your area :) you might be surprised what's available

The dip bars specifically, but now that you mentioned it... god I miss the beach.

The dip bars specifically, but now that you mentioned it... god I miss the beach.
In Adelaide there used to be an outdoor gym at the beach, unfortunately it was really only for roiders to show off and of course no one else would go to it, it shut down after a few months.

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks

Even if you dont have equipment and cannot even do bodyweight exercises, you can always go for a daily walk.

Even with bodyweight exercises you can "cheat" to make them easier so that you can progress towards eventually doing one.

Even just 20 minutes of walking each day is better than nothing, couple that with stretching and it will all help when you eventually head back to the gym, not to mention just having a daily dose of exercise is so good for you mentally as well as physically.

100% this! Don't succumb and deteriorate your physical health and wellbeing because of some lockdowns.

There's plenty to use outdoors and items have been restocked online, even a couple of dumbbells can make up for a basic daily exercise!

Your body and that single middle age housewife across the road will say thanks!

Keep on lifting my dudes.

100% this! Don't succumb and deteriorate your physical health and wellbeing because of some lockdowns.

There's plenty to use outdoors and items have been restocked online, even a couple of dumbbells can make up for a basic daily exercise!

You need to be inventive in finding weights in your daily life.

Do farmer walks and carry your groceries from the supermarket to home.

Buy a 10L water cask and use that as weight.

There is plenty of ideas out there, Im sure there is many youtube clips on this.

The simplest exercises to do though, is body weight ones.

I can categorically say that there will be many people that wont return to the gym after the lockdown if it goes for months.

Once motivation and hunger is gone, obesity and diabetes will set in eventually.

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
I can categorically say that there will be many people that wont return to the gym after the lockdown if it goes for months.

Once motivation and hunger is gone, obesity and diabetes will set in eventually.

I reckon the worse affected people will be the ones who were just starting out before covid hit.

I can't imagine how regular and determined gym goers would just quit over not being able to access those facilities.

Home gyms are already the alternative for many.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You need to be inventive in finding weights in your daily life.

Do farmer walks and carry your groceries from the supermarket to home.

Buy a 10L water cask and use that as weight.

There is plenty of ideas out there, Im sure there is many youtube clips on this.

The simplest exercises to do though, is body weight ones.
tenor (1).gif

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
taking a week off workouts due to donating blood... it's annoying me because I want to workout at the usual times haha at least my new dog is taking up some of my desire to run about in his play-time.
My new dog is loving his frisbee so that's at least giving me some dreaded cardio ... thinking to cut the week-off short and get back into the workouts today :)

oh, here's the dog, for those interested. His name is Zeke, he's a 9 month-old Staffy/Bull-Terrier cross that was rescued by myself and the missus about 2 months ago. He's got tons of energy.
FqO9H5l.jpg

and here's him entertaining himself while the missus and I work from home

It really depends. There's no blanket viewpoint on exercising and people. We don't know what someone is feeling, their psyche or situation. Similarly when people have cheat meals (or just smash a large maccas meal). If it helps with their mental state (even if i dont know how) then its ok.

but i respect your opinion

Last edited:
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
My new dog is loving his frisbee so that's at least giving me some dreaded cardio ... thinking to cut the week-off short and get back into the workouts today :)

oh, here's the dog, for those interested. His name is Zeke, he's a 9 month-old Staffy/Bull-Terrier cross that was rescued by myself and the missus about 2 months ago. He's got tons of energy.
FqO9H5l.jpg

and here's him entertaining himself while the missus and I work from home

Not really a big 'dog guy' but years ago one of my mates I lived with had a huge but friendly Staffy/Pitbull thing, absolutely loved him.

lol just be honest and say you can't be bothered. Nothing wrong with that but I just find it funny when people make excuses for not doing anything in life, either do it. Or don't.

Not having a go at you Pete just speaking generally.

I wasnt referring to myself so all good.

I totally get what youre saying though.

And mental wellbeing too, that cannot be underestimated.
Annoys me (in and outside the gym) when people disingenuously use the excuse "mental health" as a reason why lockdowns should not be implemented, as it's clear they dont give a s**t about health in general and care more about themselves.

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
And mental wellbeing too, that cannot be underestimated.
Annoys me (in and outside the gym) when people disingenuously use the excuse "mental health" as a reason why lockdowns should not be implemented, as it's clear they dont give a sh*t about health in general and care more about themselves.

dbd.png

Steak and boiled vegies, gym (dont forget bicep curls!), water, audible, sleep, no twitter

Sleep is very much underestimated here.

In a perfect world, I would rather work out a bit less and always get a perfect 7hrs sleep every night.
Amen!

If I had my own proper gym, I think I would only need a solid 45mins to do a great workout.

That means no need to waste time wiping s**t down or putting away weights or worrying if someone is sitting on their arse surfing the net on the machine/weights I need to use next.

I would also definitely do supersetting, like on arm and back days, I would do calves without having to worry if the machine is being used.

My workouts go for a 1.5hrs, mind you I would say 45 minutes is rest.

If I had my own proper gym, I think I would only need a solid 45mins to do a great workout.

That means no need to waste time wiping sh*t down or putting away weights or worrying if someone is sitting on their arse surfing the net on the machine/weights I need to use next.

I would also definitely do supersetting, like on arm and back days, I would do calves without having to worry if the machine is being used.

My workouts go for a 1.5hrs, mind you I would say 45 minutes is rest.
rest or waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back