Remove this Banner Ad

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They can also be a useful accessory for your squat as they can help with ankle mobility in the bottom portion of the movement.

Stretching your calves the way people normally do targets the gastroc more, but if your ankle mobility is an issue in the squat it's going to be in the bottom portion when your knees are in flexion so the soleus is more likely to be the limiting factor of dorsiflexion.
I do agree with you, but ankle mobility is the least concern for most that squat.

I see very few people ever breaking parallel for their squats, though the reason I feel is more related so they can lift more on the bar to impress imaginary fans, which is their main goal rather than develop their quads, which ironically is probably their real goal. :drunk:

Those that break parallel properly have decent legs from what I have seen.

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Myself.

Great dayto go swimming but i srsly cbfd doing the whole sunscreen, driving there etcetc thing to get the end result of getting into the pool
Same

I pulled the plug on the gym today, 4 days straight previously but my CNS is taxed, Im cooked. Ironically physically I could go easily.

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Im fantasizing about a pool, in ground, below my apartment i can just jump out of the window straight into.
I stayed at a hotel with my partner in Hamilton Island where you could actually go into the pool from your balcony!.

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Order from VCAT came through Friday, gym emailed me today asking for bank details to refund me. Amusingly the VCAT email states that there will be a date for payment to be made on the order (and if its not made i can contact VCAT to enforce the order) but the order itself didnt have a date, given how bloody hard VCAT went on the gym owner about sufficient documentation its a bit of a faux pas.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Order from VCAT came through Friday, gym emailed me today asking for bank details to refund me. Amusingly the VCAT email states that there will be a date for payment to be made on the order (and if its not made i can contact VCAT to enforce the order) but the order itself didnt have a date, given how bloody hard VCAT went on the gym owner about sufficient documentation its a bit of a faux pas.

Email them back with the bank acct number and this gif..

8a.gif

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hahahaha, nah i kept it brief and polite, if they decide to delay the payment i cant really do anything now that VCAT didnt include a date so im hoping it will be settled shortly.

Them emailing me seems to indicate they have accepted the decision.

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hahahaha, nah i kept it brief and polite, if they decide to delay the payment i cant really do anything now that VCAT didnt include a date so im hoping it will be settled shortly.

Them emailing me seems to indicate they have accepted the decision.
When you get paid, send them another email telling them you would like to join.

Maybe you can sue them for discrimination if youre rejected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
in lieu of gym work doing a bit of swimming. by that i mean wading around in the pool and occasionally breaking into a swim stroke.

have only experienced two people separately at any time in teh. whole water complex

Deliverance

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd be happy with just a seated calf machine. I generally do standing single-lag calf raises with a step and a kettleball, twice per week.
High calf contacts means my calves are pretty small. Sprinting helps a bit too but I've often got DOMs which means I don't get out for those sessions that much anymore.
fu** I hate DOMs.

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Coney Island Warriors
Well it finally happened.
I have about 8 steps leading up from the street to the front door of my gym. Leg day today, I leave the gym, and step down one step and my legs basically collapse. I had to grab the rail - if I don't I would have tumbled. Even worse it's on a main road so a lot of randoms saw my basic inability to walk properly.

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
With just 5 hours sleep and feeling dizzy as f**k, unfortunately going to have to miss again. :(

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Well well well. This is a new one.

- "Aqua play" lane
- A Karen and her little Johnny lap lane swimming
- Backstroke
- Two abreast

I'm sorry. I did not realise this public pool was your ******* private one.

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
It's a bit of a pain with the general public hanging around there after lessons cause it's ****in hot weather but still been able to get an ok swim in.

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Well well well. This is a new one.

- "Aqua play" lane
- A Karen and her little Johnny lap lane swimming
- Backstroke
- Two abreast

I'm sorry. I did not realise this public pool was your ******* private one.
Would love to just jump in there behind them and do sprint through the middle of em going the same way.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Not wanting to be THAT Karen but can you complain to the lifeguard or whatever for that sort of sh*t?
I said "excuse me" as they swam towards me and flattened myself against the lane rope. And i got "whose talking to me?!" And i just kept swimming said "me. I just said excuse me". "Oh".

And they eventually went somewhere else in the pool

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad