Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never really noticed BO at the gym tbh.

Guys always seem to smell pretty nice, as they wander by.

Neither did I generally speaking. Until I met this special one.

I could maybe forgive him if its during the week, because of work etc doesnt have time to clean up or shower beforehand.

On the weekend, there is no excuses. I feel sorry for his training partner.

His foul smell is like that of a dead animal, covered in vomit, sprayed with urine.

Neither did I generally speaking. Until I met this special one.

I could maybe forgive him if its during the week, because of work etc doesnt have time to clean up or shower beforehand.

On the weekend, there is no excuses. I feel sorry for his training partner.

His foul smell is like that of a dead animal, covered in vomit, sprayed with urine.

Shower in a can. No excuse really.

Lol i appreciate the vivid description of the smell.

Yeah agree tanks >>> Tshirts in terms of smelliness (or lack thereof )

I think I need to clarify something in here.

Firstly the guy is like a nuclear smelling bomb, before he even works out. All the tank top is doing is nuking everyone in his path. He trains for about 45mins to a hour. If he is wearing a tshirt at least it traps that odour. A washed and clean tshirt is going to help save the gym users from a nuclear event compared to tank tops.

I say this, because on dead-lift day his shoes come off, thats when there is full blown nuclear assault, both from his socks, his shoes and his general BO. When his shoes are on, I just get the normal one missile attack. Its got to a stage where he is clearing out areas of the gym when its leg day.

I cant even begin to describe the odour from his feet. It would be like melted rotten cheese on top of rotten eggs on the top of crap.

I get why wearing a tank top would reduce the BO for guys in general compared to a tshirt, but thats under the assumption that the guy isnt bombing everyone before he warms up. Also there is not much circulation of airflow in the gym, so when he comes in with his dental floss string tank top, he is just spreading his love around.

He might have that condition (it was on an ep of Freaks and Geeks)- where people are really smelly and they cant help it?

I get that and would have sympathy if thats the case, but surely if you are that way surely you shower properly before the gym and overdose on anti antiperspirant ?

I know excessive spraying can be just as bad, but I would rather smell that than the alternative.

GROTTO.

Sounds like this is a hygiene TNT.

Imagine if he took his socks off.

Imagine if he hid his socks in the gym.

What I dont get, is that the guy trains with a mate. Surely the mate says something? Im not exaggerating about the smell either.

I had a mate that would occasionally smell, but I never bought the issue up. However, if it was a constant issue I would have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s bikini body prep time. Women with 45 stations, 30 machines and 70% of the trafficable area of the gym floor for the Kayla Itsines or Ashy Bines programs all over the place.

F..k my life.

Get a mate or yourself to arrive before they do, with random pieces of personal belongings and just "own" the entire space.

Today I was at the gym, a PT was training a client in one area of the gym and had left their belongings in two different areas. When they finished their workout they never returned to train in the area that they left their items, they just picked it up and walked off.

Glory be.

Alright - haven't posted for a while.

Sex noise sweat man.
Don't know what is wrong with this guy. Moans ridiculously on the eccentric part of the rep. He's fine on the way up - moans like he's on the final stroke when the weight is on the way down. I don't get it. Middle aged. Dripping with sweat as soon as he steps onto the gym floor. Gross.

Weird young dude who does really fast low weight reps on everything. Some very strange moves. Smells of cigarettes. Always, ALWAYS finds an excuse to come into wherever I am to get a piece of equipment/attachment/gym mat that is next to where I am, despite so many options.

Insecure PT customer.
She's come a long way with her fitness - but will not *in shut up about herself. "I felt a bit tighter in the quad there. Yeah, just a bit. Oh yeah were my feet pointing out to far, yeah that could be why, I've got one arm shorter than the other". Shut the * up please.

The blocker
I'm doing a lot more stuff where I have to watch my back posture. Upright dumbell rows, etc. I need to be able to see my form in the mirror. There's always some dickhead that stands directly in between me and the mirror, doing some *in exercise that doesn't require a mirror. (e.g. Bicep curls, but facing the mirror, not side on). It's a huge *in mirror.

Middle aged women pair that talk politics and offend everyone
One is a left winger, one is a right winger, and they're both dumb as posts and talk loudly and stupidly about politics while not exercising but taking up room. It's like some kind of joke.

The PT that takes ALL the equipment.
There's one HIIT class teacher. She takes every friggin kettle bell and box jump box to the workout class room every time she runs a class. Drives me nuts.

I have a small amount of sympathy for the blocker, if only because I have found myself being forced into being that guy before (doing curls or whatever blocking the mirror for the guys doing squats or deads).

Not by choice but because there is no where else to go....

... occasionally by choice cause the pipes had a sweet pump to them that day.

Alright - haven't posted for a while.

Sex noise sweat man.
Don't know what is wrong with this guy. Moans ridiculously on the eccentric part of the rep. He's fine on the way up - moans like he's on the final stroke when the weight is on the way down. I don't get it. Middle aged. Dripping with sweat as soon as he steps onto the gym floor. Gross.

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Thread needs more Leather poisoning..

For me i hate "slams weights down really hard guy". Always manages to scare the crap outta me while I'm on the treadmill. Occurs pretty much every gym visit at least once or twice.
And "creepin gets on treadmill right next to you when there's a billion others free guy"

Omfg- actually was swimming the other day. Every single lane had 2 people in it (including the lane i was in), and there was one lane right next to me with one person. Woman walks in... you'd think she'd get in the last one with one person- oh no- she gets into my lane thus making it a threesome. Ffs. So then i give her a greasy and transfer straight away into the lane with one, thus making it a two.

5 mins later, the lady who was in the other lane finishes her swim and gets out, thus leaving dumb biatch with a whole lane to herself.

/cue me internally raging cause that should have been my lane all to myself.

*ingg bullshit./end rant

Seriously with all the irritating things that goes in gyms, I am genuinely shocked that fights dont break out.

In fairness to the guy, the gym was empty and it was just me and him. He sat on the bench press for 20 mins. Yes 20 mins. Not working out, he sat there and was playing with his phone.

I can genuinely appreciate why some may view the gym as a social outlet, while Im not happy with that either, I do understand it may be better than the alternative of sitting home alone. How does someone think sitting on a bench press for 20mins scrolling through their phone is better than doing this at home.

I was tempted to do bench press just to kick him off on leg day. :drunk:

Seriously with all the irritating things that goes in gyms, I am genuinely shocked that fights dont break out.

Really? As much as i may complain in here, my gym is pretty chill. Never, ever gotten that impression (thankfully).

And FWIW i never chat to people. I sometimes chat to the gym manager, some footy stuff, but thats about it. No more than about 5 mins or so.

Personal Trainer complaint:

There's this one personal trainer that likes to constantly walk in a cirlce around his client while they do reps. Like a hyena circling it's prey.

The only problem is he's not looking at his client, he's looking at himself in the mirror most of the time, with occasional glances at his client.

Really? As much as i may complain in here, my gym is pretty chill. Never, ever gotten that impression (thankfully).

And FWIW i never chat to people. I sometimes chat to the gym manager, some footy stuff, but thats about it. No more than about 5 mins or so.

Agree, people need to take a chill pill. If you feel the need to resort to violence because someone is sitting on a piece of equipment to long you need to have a good hard long look at yourself.

People are taking this thread way to seriously and seem to put a lot of energy into getting upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back