Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that?

Because it’s easy to mistake them for a real barbell and not realise until you’ve loaded up the thing with your weight, only to grasp the pathetic spaghetti string in your hands (they’re thinner than real barbells in my gym) and have to unload everything and find a barbell not designed for prepubescent girls.

It pisses me off when ppl mix up the dumbbells. The little OCD person inside of me wants to put it all back together/in order.

Once the order is mixed up, I have never had the need to fix it. Otherwise I would spend my entire workout time reorganising every plate and dumbbell used.

Once the order is mixed up, I have never had the need to fix it. Otherwise I would spend my entire workout time reorganising every plate and dumbbell used.

Yeah please note- i never actually DO it. I've worked on a gym floor before- over a year. Ive done my time doing that s**t, dont need it again.

Because it’s easy to mistake them for a real barbell and not realise until you’ve loaded up the thing with your weight, only to grasp the pathetic spaghetti string in your hands (they’re thinner than real barbells in my gym) and have to unload everything and find a barbell not designed for prepubescent girls.
Haha.

Did you manage to get a few sets of hip thrusts in before the girls took your bar away?

I might win the internet today.

So today is chest day. The gym is basically empty, Im doing chest flyes in total peace and harmony. From out of no where, a dog jumps on top of me, I drop the dumbell almost landing on the dog. I was not happy, it was the gym owner's dog. Dropping the weight was not the issue but more so I was worried about tearing a muscle from letting it go.

Glory be, I dont know who got more startled me or the dog.

Is there any law that states you can or cant bring a dog into a workplace? Strangely enough, I have heard of this before of gym goers bringing their dog to the gym.

If thats the case, Im bringing a tiger the next time I workout. :drunk:

Some ppl brought their dogs into the gym once- there was like 5 of them and they were having coffee. (the humans not the dogs)

Bit weird, but they were well behaved and stayed in the general area where they were sitting at the table at the front.

Still where do you draw the line?

Sure I have seen Assistance Dogs at the gym, no issues there. But for the average person out there to bring a dog to the gym is just stupid really.

Crap happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

upon presentation to and at the barbell, is it easy to tell the difference upon first sight?
No, the differences are
-the bar is slightly thinner but that's only noticeable once it's in your hands
-the width of the lip on the sleeve is slightly narrower
-the ends of the sleeve have 15kg in tiny font on them but the australian barbell company logo is the same as the 20kg barbells in the gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back