Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3
Pros - can get any piece of equipment at any time

Cons - limited equipment

Things that s**t me, having to constantly check that those collars on the dumbbell are secured, aside from flaying plates, good opportunity to tear the hell out of a muscle if a plate comes off mid rep.

If 1 on 1 training is allowed and exercising via running/jogging is allowed then surely if I go by myself (which I always do for my workouts), wipe down my public surfaces before and after and make sure I stay far enough away from anybody else to transmit the virus (assuming I'm infected, which I'm fairly confident I'm not), then I'm doing my due diligence with regard to the others in society. Add on top of that the likelihood of somebody being immuno-compromised and using an outdoor gym is fairly low in the first place, so I will continue to do what I'm doing and endanger nobody.

The issue is people won't wipe down equipment hence why it is closed off, personal trainers doing one on one the onus is on them to clean the equipment they own. Running along a footpath (the recommedation is still to do this with only 1 other person if essential and in open space) is different to going to an outdoor gym when the virus can spread by people touching the same piece of equipment. Can you 100% guarantee the equipment is free of the virus once you leave. Not to mention leaving it open for anyone to use, means if one person does it more will follow. It is still the attitude of entitlement, unfortunately in many aspects of life right now we have to make sacrifices for everyone health.

The issue is people won't wipe down equipment hence why it is closed off, personal trainers doing one on one the onus is on them to clean the equipment they own. Running along a footpath (the recommedation is still to do this with only 1 other person if essential and in open space) is different to going to an outdoor gym when the virus can spread by people touching the same piece of equipment. Can you 100% guarantee the equipment is free of the virus once you leave. Not to mention leaving it open for anyone to use, means if one person does it more will follow. It is still the attitude of entitlement, unfortunately in many aspects of life right now we have to make sacrifices for everyone health.
Then the issue isn't me, is it? because I can gaurantee that I'll wipe down the equipment I use to the best of my ability... that of course doesn't absolutely guarantee that a virus couldn't spread through this equipment, but it's bloody close to impossible for a virus to transmit after being wiped with a disinfectant wipe and that's enough for me and anybody else to feel safe enough to use it. If the attitude is to follow appropriate safety protocols (what I saw at my actual gym was enough for me to know others do this, too), then there's close to zero risk, and this risk number is orders of magnitude smaller than just stepping foot in a grocery store.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill in terms of risk here.

I and many others are already making enough other sacrifices. This one is clearly not a sacrifice that achieves an end you're seeking (less transmissions to those who are at risk) so it's not worth actually pushing on with this "sacrifice", in my opinion.

Then the issue isn't me, is it? because I can gaurantee that I'll wipe down the equipment I use to the best of my ability... that of course doesn't absolutely guarantee that a virus couldn't spread through this equipment, but it's bloody close to impossible for a virus to transmit after being wiped with a disinfectant wipe and that's enough for me and anybody else to feel safe enough to use it. If the attitude is to follow appropriate safety protocols (what I saw at my actual gym was enough for me to know others do this, too), then there's close to zero risk, and this risk number is orders of magnitude smaller than just stepping foot in a grocery store.

I and many others are already making enough other sacrifices. This one is clearly not a sacrifice that achieves an end you're seeking (less transmissions to those who are at risk) so it's not worth actually pushing on with this "sacrifice", in my opinion.

But once again it’s what you are entitled to, it’s not about what you want it’s about what the community needs.

You aren’t wrong with what you said but ultimately if everyone did what you said we mitigate a lot of risk. you can’t guarantee by wiping down the equipment you are 100% getting rid of the virus. Unfortunately we just all need to make a sacrifice.

IF everyone had your attitude then the virus would spread even further.

But once again it’s what you are entitled to, it’s not about what you want it’s about what the community needs.

You aren’t wrong with what you said but ultimately if everyone did what you said we mitigate a lot of risk. you can’t guarantee by wiping down the equipment you are 100% getting rid of the virus. Unfortunately we just all need to make a sacrifice.

IF everyone had your attitude then the virus would spread even further.
if everyone had my attitude, there'd be considerably less spread at places like supermarkets, so overall it'd be a positive impact :p

+1

For starters the Cvirus is spread via the respiratory system and eyes.

So even if it was left on weights/equipment etc etc and you handle it, as long as you dont touch your face/head, you are safe.

If anything I have been getting better workouts as I have been using my sternocleidomastoid muscles to wipe my nose on my shoulder if it happened to run.

Every day has been neck day. :$

You're a teacher yeah? You've probably built immunity to everything already anyway. 😁
teacher5n-7-web.jpg

teachers, exposing.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

teacher5n-7-web.jpg

teachers, exposing.......

Glory be, Im glad I didnt have teachers even remotely cute even. Studying was challenging as it is.

Some of the teachers that are getting caught today..... Sorry thread derail.

She should have spent more time in the gym outside school then extracurricular activities of a school nature.

Day 4

Cons - no hot chicks to talk with.

Pros - ...

I still cant get the chick on the balcony opposite me to check me out. I will wait this out, I have 6 months to impress her. :drunk:

Meanwhile the guy with the good body that I can see in the mirror, checks me out all the time. I dont blame him. :$

I still cant get the chick on the balcony opposite me to check me out. I will wait this out, I have 6 months to impress her. :drunk:

Meanwhile the guy with the good body that I can see in the mirror, checks me out all the time. I dont blame him. :$
Need to make it more obvious. Sit on your balcony and stare at her with binoculars between sets. 👀👀👀

Workout in a mankini.

Workout in a mankini.

A couple of days some campaigner was working out in the gym with just his footy shorts.:drunk:

I said to him, put a t-shirt on youre embarrassing yourself.

At least do a full upper body workout first to get some muscles swollen. :$

Need to make it more obvious. Sit on your balcony and stare at her with binoculars between sets. 👀👀👀

thats one way of getting her attention

alkejfbalkrgs.jpg

Video will irritate and annoy all of you because you're not as hardcore as this bloke.

Barbell bench press is the biggest home gym killer.

Close 2nd is elevated donkey calf raises.

7015cff3a123830b0df0e8e62c09bf13.jpg
Lel, good finds here ET, hope you come back to BF soon

Outrageous that barbell leg press, no clips holding the barbell too
Saw three shirtless blokes at a basketball court. Using/sharing one of those resistance band (with handle) wrapped around the pole.
Good idea, but not allowed anymore :(

I have poles on my front porch, but it's pretty narrow, could do rows there with my bands, but that's about it
Day 2
Pros - sing and dance as loud as I want
Cons - taking way too long between sets
Lel, extra rest is fine as long as you're lifting more/more reps
I'd be happy with just a Pullup/Dip/Leg raise station but they are all sold out too. Not sure how long it will take for new stock to arrive if I pre-order.
Yeah a shame these public playgrounds are shut, that stuff could all be done there
When do posters think gyms will reopen?

1 month from now?

3 months time?

6 months time?

Never ? :drunk:
Agreed, plan for 6 months and any sooner is a bonus.
Yep 6 months
All those suckers were all out hoarding toilet paper. The clever ones were buying gym gear.
:(
The smarter ones even purchased protein powder for 6 months in case of an apocalyptic event. :$
Oh boy, next time I go to the supermarket I'll examine if those little 500g Musashi tubs you'll find in the health food aisle have been raided :$

Did notice when i bought my dumbbells that protein tubs were a popular choice on that website too.
Finishing up my park session this morning, Ben Brown and Tom Campbell rock up. Seems the players are taking the 2-person max limit seriously. Always liked BTC.
Bloody Bevo ruined BTC, the guy can play, regardless of his fitness levels
If 1 on 1 training is allowed and exercising via running/jogging is allowed then surely if I go by myself (which I always do for my workouts), wipe down my public surfaces before and after and make sure I stay far enough away from anybody else to transmit the virus (assuming I'm infected, which I'm fairly confident I'm not), then I'm doing my due diligence with regard to the others in society. Add on top of that the likelihood of somebody being immuno-compromised and using an outdoor gym is fairly low in the first place, so I will continue to do what I'm doing and endanger nobody.
Talked to my physio today, told him i was looking at ramping up the home gym stuff

Surprised he was still up and running thought he may have been shut down, though I guess he's only 1 on 1, he does PT also
Day 4

Cons - no hot chicks to talk with.

Pros - ...
:( yeah on my long early evening walks this week I've been looking around for anything remotely easy on the eye

Nutta so far

Maybe I should go to the shops more :think:
Lel, until you hear a big knock on the front door and it's just 1 of 2 personnel out there

Cops, or her angry insecure overprotective boyfriend ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, like Deliverance, I consider Saturday 28th March Day 1 of lockdown for me too

Took my brothers dogs out for a walk that day (he has 2 young kids too, so happy to give him a chop out), but with stage 3 in place now I don't think I'll take the risk now

Day 2 was my birthday, ordered pizza, stuffed myself silly and watched Netflix, got a few texts but otherwise a pretty bloody boring day

Day 3, felt really fat, attempted to do push ups/squats, did a couple sets then got my band out, but was only 10 minutes or so, bad motivation day, walked down st

Day 4, went for a 5km walk, felt a bit better motivation wise

Day 5, went for a 8.5km walk that took well over 1.5 hours, felt alot better

Day 6, rest day, had a stretch, felt like I played a game of footy, went down the street for errands

Day 7, cbf day, ordered dumbbells, cooked and did housework, should've done resistance stuff but cbf

Day 8 which will be today, really need to do a good half hour of resistance training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back