Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be the only person I know that is going to come out of this having lost weight.

I’ve managed to come up with a decent little workout routine at home using a 25 liter water container, a small kettlebell and some of my wife’s resistance bands. Between that and swapping some daily cardio between a long run and skipping in the park I’ll keep in relatively good shape but without heavy weight I’m definitely going to lose some mass.

Having said all of that, I’m healthy, I’m still employed and in the midst of all this I’m still happy. So this is the most first world complaint I’ve probably ever made.

Plus one losing definition and mass. Gaining it around waist area however. Gains

If anything I’ll get more defined, working from home and being able to structure my day means my diet is way better, plus more cardio because I just don’t have the equipment for the variation of weight based exercises I’d normally do. I started quarantine at 93 kgs and I’m already down about a KG (in a week).

If anything I’ll get more defined, working from home and being able to structure my day means my diet is way better, plus more cardio because I just don’t have the equipment for the variation of weight based exercises I’d normally do. I started quarantine at 93 kgs and I’m already down about a KG (in a week).

You need to go online and search for home workouts.

Start benchpressing your loungeroom furniture, squat your girlfriend, deadlift a car. :$

Need to think outside the box here.

I think if your smart enough you could lose weight but also end up looking ripped too.

Yeah, like Deliverance, I consider Saturday 28th March Day 1 of lockdown for me too

Took my brothers dogs out for a walk that day (he has 2 young kids too, so happy to give him a chop out), but with stage 3 in place now I don't think I'll take the risk now

Day 2 was my birthday, ordered pizza, stuffed myself silly and watched Netflix, got a few texts but otherwise a pretty bloody boring day

Day 3, felt really fat, attempted to do push ups/squats, did a couple sets then got my band out, but was only 10 minutes or so, bad motivation day, walked down st

Day 4, went for a 5km walk, felt a bit better motivation wise

Day 5, went for a 8.5km walk that took well over 1.5 hours, felt alot better

Day 6, rest day, had a stretch, felt like I played a game of footy, went down the street for errands

Day 7, cbf day, ordered dumbbells, cooked and did housework, should've done resistance stuff but cbf

Day 8 which will be today, really need to do a good half hour of resistance training
Yeah it's going to be a tough time for many. As mentioned above, plenty of great options online, but the motivation is going to be the hardest part. I'm kind of lucky because I spent my 20s doing triathlons. So I'm used to putting in the hard yards by myself at times. Equipment is my biggest issue, but I think I have enough to make do. I'm no power lifter. 😁😁

I guess you could use this forum as a motivator. If you can't be ****ed training or feel like you're going to eat crap. Just type it in here. I'd imagine one of the good folk would see it reasonably quickly and be able to talk you in to or out of the right/wrong choice. Just keep as consistent as you can. All the best.

Really sick and tired of hearing the bs excuses and complaining on here about home training.

I took a video of myself only last night working out at home for motivation for you all.:drunk:

ImmenseReliableAurochs-small.gif

*I will be disappointed if you dont know the movie. :$

Really sick and tired of hearing the bs excuses and complaining on here about home training.

I took a video of myself only last night working out at home for motivation for you all.:drunk:

ImmenseReliableAurochs-small.gif

*I will be disappointed if you dont know the movie. :$

Rocky 2 was on this morning, haven’t seen it in years.

FWIW I suspect 2 was the last movie he did before he just hammered the gear. Still looks like a human being in really great shape in 2 opposed to the condom filled with walnuts in 3.

You need to go online and search for home workouts.

Start benchpressing your loungeroom furniture, squat your girlfriend, deadlift a car. :$

Need to think outside the box here.

I think if your smart enough you could lose weight but also end up looking ripped too.

Eh, I could but honestly I’ve realized my mobility, flexibility and running capacity had all dropped a lot from focusing on heavy weight training so this feels like a good opportunity to take a break from the regular routine. I’ve put on about 10 kgs of solid muscle mass about 2 years ago and kept that on so I’m not too fussed if I lose a little mass now.

Rocky 2 was on this morning, haven’t seen it in years.

FWIW I suspect 2 was the last movie he did before he just hammered the gear. Still looks like a human being in really great shape in 2 opposed to the condom filled with walnuts in 3.

IIRC I think Stallone does movies in backwards order.

ie. He trains hard before the filming commences, then does the boxing scenes, after this there is basically limited to no training as he deloads to give the impression that during the movie when he trains he looks bigger at the end then in the beginning, this is when they do all the scenes in reverse order. Makes sense actually,

Stallone has admitted to taking gear. If I am not mistaken got caught with it in Australia. (they all do it, rightly so too given if there is millions involved for them)

edit

IIRC I think Stallone does movies in backwards order.

ie. He trains hard before the filming commences, then does the boxing scenes, after this there is basically limited to no training as he deloads to give the impression that during the movie when he trains he looks bigger at the end then in the beginning, this is when they do all the scenes in reverse order. Makes sense actually,

Stallone has admitted to taking gear. If I am not mistaken got caught with it in Australia. (they all do it, rightly so too given if there is millions involved for them)

edit

Oh there is no question all those 80s action stars were on the gear (Stallone, Van Damme, Arnie) I’d be pretty stunned if the guys now weren’t doing something as well (think Efron in baywatch, Bale yo yoing between Batman movies).

More making the point that Stallone in Rocky 2 looks like a very very fit guy not necessarily taking gear by Rocky 3 he looks absolutely shredded and in no way natural.

Oh there is no question all those 80s action stars were on the gear (Stallone, Van Damme, Arnie) I’d be pretty stunned if the guys now weren’t doing something as well (think Efron in baywatch, Bale yo yoing between Batman movies).

More making the point that Stallone in Rocky 2 looks like a very very fit guy not necessarily taking gear by Rocky 3 he looks absolutely shredded and in no way natural.

Bale has to be one of the greatest body transformations I have seen. Arnie yes admitted to, Van Damme again yes it shows in the way he has aged with steroids like Stallone in Rocky Balboa the final Rocky movie.

Playing anorexic in one movie and playing Batman next, is truly unbelievable.

Rocky was bulked up in Rocky 3 with Mr T - first fight, then second was extremely lean and cut.

Arnie competed in a half dozen Mr. Olympia’s before his movie career took off. Like phantom said they were all on it do a varying degree.

only thing I’d say about Efron, isn’t he only like 5’7? Couldn’t see him weighing any more than 65kg in Baywatch

jackman the same for wolverine, was surely on growth hormone for the role

and they don’t film movies scenes in the same sequence as you see them

Arnie competed in a half dozen Mr. Olympia’s before his movie career took off. Like phantom said they were all on it do a varying degree.

only thing I’d say about Efron, isn’t he only like 5’7? Couldn’t see him weighing any more than 65kg in Baywatch

jackman the same for wolverine, was surely on growth hormone for the role

and they don’t film movies scenes in the same sequence as you see them

Efron to his credit spoke pretty openly about how looking that way wasn’t not healthy or sustainable. Hemsworth and Jackman have also spoken about the preparation for their shirtless scenes (months of weight management, days of water cutting).

I get why they do it, they are portraying and idea that’s not actually realistically human (women have been subjected to it for decades) but it is good to see some people talking openly about how difficult it is to look like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Efron to his credit spoke pretty openly about how looking that way wasn’t not healthy or sustainable. Hemsworth and Jackman have also spoken about the preparation for their shirtless scenes (months of weight management, days of water cutting).

I get why they do it, they are portraying and idea that’s not actually realistically human (women have been subjected to it for decades) but it is good to see some people talking openly about how difficult it is to look like that.

I understand it, I did a physique comp 5 years ago, got down to 5-6% BF at a guess. It’s not sustainable. I dieted for 4.5 months and the last 8 weeks I lived like a monk. Wake, walk, work/eat, train - eat and then sleep.

There is an expectation to always look fit, people question the food you eat etc. all I want to do is train

I understand it, I did a physique comp 5 years ago, got down to 5-6% BF at a guess. It’s not sustainable. I dieted for 4.5 months and the last 8 weeks I lived like a monk. Wake, walk, work/eat, train - eat and then sleep.

There is an expectation to always look fit, people question the food you eat etc. all I want to do is train

I did a long term weight cut when I was doing mma and boxing and separately did a water cut. Both were horrible and I struggled to train during both.

Henry Cavill talked about the strip he did for his shirtless scenes in man of steel, openly admitted he pretty much couldn’t do any other scenes he was so fatigued and hazy.

It’s good that more guys are openly saying that’s not something you can keep up because I certainly thought for a long time that (6-8%) was what I should look like.

I did a long term weight cut when I was doing mma and boxing and separately did a water cut. Both were horrible and I struggled to train during both.

Henry Cavill talked about the strip he did for his shirtless scenes in man of steel, openly admitted he pretty much couldn’t do any other scenes he was so fatigued and hazy.

It’s good that more guys are openly saying that’s not something you can keep up because I certainly thought for a long time that (6-8%) was what I should look like.

I thought Cavill did it in his latest TV series/movie that he was in? Maybe both?

When youre cutting you only have barely enough energy to work out and thats it, youre basically a vegetable for the entire time.

Probably did for that too, I read his story about the Man of Steel scene

IIRC he auditioned for James Bond, but his body was a joke at the time and Daniel Craig got the role ahead of him.

The other impressive physique I was going to mention earlier was Tom Hardy in Warrior (absolute dead set must see movie) and obviously Bane in Batman.

Thats taking steroids to another level, his back in Batman was unbelievable, his traps in Warrior was scary as f**k. Im not even sure I could inject enough oil to make them look that big as he had them.

IIRC he auditioned for James Bond, but his body was a joke at the time and Daniel Craig got the role ahead of him.

The other impressive physique I was going to mention earlier was Tom Hardy in Warrior (absolute dead set must see movie) and obviously Bane in Batman.

Thats taking steroids to another level, his back in Batman was unbelievable, his traps in Warrior was scary as f**k. Im not even sure I could inject enough oil to make them look that big as he had them.

his traps went from his collarbones to his ears

#thicc

I didn’t get a full nights sleep for 6 weeks as I was getting up to piss 3 times a night. I was dreaming about food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back