Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You campaigners need to start following me, my workout and diet regime. Its beginning to pay dividends.:cool:

My body is definitely resembling Tom Hardy's now.

tumblr_llcqpi7wDd1qe5f96o1_500.jpg

The only difference is that his arms is at most a couple of inches bigger than mine and I have little more body fat over the abs and chest area and face.

Otherwise its like carbon copy. :$

Day 6

Pros - the dog has learned to respect personal space during sets.

Cons - the tight arse owner has refused to install heaters for winter. And get this, his wife told me that I need to work harder to keep warm.

Procure a dozen of these bad boys

42834632-1-f.jpg

maybe some of these for some ambience too

5c73a9fe-3c61-411b-babb-98d4d352e7ec.jpg

As for your wife. Not sure.

I beginning to feel one of two things is badly going to effect my health in the next 6 months, if the Coronavirus doesnt get me, my home gym is going to end up killing me or severely disabling me. :drunk:

Today was chest day. Tried doing bench press on the floor. Not as easy you would think. The hardest part is actually trying to figure out the best way to start pressing. Pressing is actually fairly easy as there is limited range of motion, but getting to that position to be able to press is challenging.

I know its a pandemic but I think I need a spotter or two. :$

I beginning to feel one of two things is badly going to effect my health in the next 6 months, if the Coronavirus doesnt get me, my home gym is going to end up killing me or severely disabling me. :drunk:

Today was chest day. Tried doing bench press on the floor. Not as easy you would think. The hardest part is actually trying to figure out the best way to start pressing. Pressing is actually fairly easy as there is limited range of motion, but getting to that position to be able to press is challenging.

I know its a pandemic but I think I need a spotter or two. :$
Maybe fold a heap of blankets/towels/pillows and bundle together so you've got a platforn to lie on, thus improving your ROM so you can drop the barbell closer to your chest, maybe the padded areas of the couch too?

Then have a chair or two behind you that can act as a temporary rack? Not great OHS wise but eh

Maybe fold a heap of blankets/towels/pillows and bundle together so you've got a platforn to lie on, thus improving your ROM so you can drop the barbell closer to your chest, maybe the padded areas of the couch too?

Then have a chair or two behind you that can act as a temporary rack? Not great OHS wise but eh

Thanks for that. Yes I need to be a bit more creative.

On a positive note the chick on the balcony across from me I swear today, was checking me out. :$

I guess it takes a pandemic for that to happen.:(

On a positive note the chick on the balcony across from me I swear today, was checking me out. :$

Take them small gains friend

"Hi, I may actually be the last man on Earth in the near future..."

Achieved my goal :drunk:, by over training and using basically dumbbells all the time, Ive developed tennis elbow in my left arm.

At the gym while there is a variety of equipment and exercises to do, you do give certain joints a rest, whereas at home every day feels like arm day with dumbbells being only used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did the push up challenge for mental health last year (3,000 push ups in 22 days) and I think by about day 15 my shoulders were really sore. RSI without variety is real

The irony like myself probably is that if you were in the gym you would lift more and heavier.

With my tennis elbow what shits me is that I take precautions always, warm up and cool down, I also progressively overload. If anything my warm up sets are way too light. The this s**t happens on light to medium heavy dumbbells.

Going to push through leg day today and then looking at proper resting for 3-4 days straight.

I did the push up challenge for mental health last year (3,000 push ups in 22 days) and I think by about day 15 my shoulders were really sore. RSI without variety is real
Yep I'm sore too, after my 400 push up day Monday. Giving the shoulders a rest today although I was recovering from a rotator cuff strain anyway so it will probably do me some good.

Have you tried it yourself? Could be tricky to get the right amount of pressure without the right equipment.

I have, but a friend of mine has the proper cuffs and everything. I have done them before ages ago with just thin power bands being used too though.

Took a short video today when I heard the news.

giphy.gif

The Daily Telegraph this morning reported there could be some rolling back of restrictions on gyms cafes, restaurants and small worship groups if strict social distancing measures were enforced. These could be reviewed on a monthly basis to see how infection numbers have moved.

Took a short video today when I heard the news.

giphy.gif

The Daily Telegraph this morning reported there could be some rolling back of restrictions on gyms cafes, restaurants and small worship groups if strict social distancing measures were enforced. These could be reviewed on a monthly basis to see how infection numbers have moved.

Sticking point here will be 24/7 vs "9am - 5pm" gyms.....initially you would only be allowed X amount of people per m2 of Gym space. You couldn't allow a 24/7 non staffed gym were it could be a free for all. Also need constant cleaning and gym users really doing the right thing to wipe down as they go.....don't wipe down see you later.

anyone here used PTP resistance tubes? Are they a good substitute for cable exercises?
I've got one

Good for rowing type exercises

Tried doing shoulders/chest movements too, bit hit and miss. Shoulders felt ok, just wasn't sure the band would snap or not though when doing presses/upright rows (I'm a big guy, so had to stretch it out a bit more)

Chest was pretty easy for me and was best used after large pushups volume due to lack of resistance, heavy bands would be better for those movements i think

Decided to take the next 4 days off aside from a beach run. Probably not a bad time to give the body a rest given the complete change in gym program.

Just hoping the tennis elbow Ive developed is just minor and will go away with a few days of rest. In a perfect world would have gone had physio today or over the weekend.

F**k Corona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back