Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharks can gagfd. I was swimming in deep water the other week off a pier. I was constantly looking around me lol
Reckon us Vics and Tassie are probably the safest swimming waters nationwide in that regard

SA, WA and NSW seem the most treacherous.

QLD next in line with their jellyfish and stingrays (not sure about the NT).

Reckon us Vics and Tassie are probably the safest swimming waters nationwide in that regard

I know

Im still a nervous Nelly when it comes to deep water tho

I think even in other states its extremely rare, 1 or 2 a year from memory across the whole country.

Doesnt eliminate the fear i suppose but its such a non event.

I think even in other states its extremely rare, 1 or 2 a year from memory across the whole country.

Doesnt eliminate the fear i suppose but its such a non event.
Seems to happen more often these days, but I guess maybe they stand out in memory more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to happen more often these days, but I guess maybe they stand out in memory more

Its still a (pardon the pun) drop in the ocean.

Obviously we would love no shark attacks but if its not 1-2 its 3-4 and maybe 10ish attacks.

Considering how much beach and how many beach goers we have each year, its staggeringly low.

All good phants but imho end of the day being overly cautious >>>>> running into Mr Shark like Fanning

Being overly cautious would be not going in the water at all.

Being overly reactive would be hunting sharks who attack, thats ridiculous.

Every time you swim you take a risk, drowning, attack etc. you know that, people are just more aware of sharks in spite of the risk of being attacked is so incredibly low.

My gym is pretty small so even half a dozen people can mean I have to change up the routine a bit.
Half the guys who come in come in, no warm up, and start doing bicep curls so at least I normally get the oly bar to myself which I use every workout.
I do get surprised by the number of people who dont warm up or cool down for that matter.

Generally speaking, I have never injured myself while working out due to the body not being ready. Mind you I always make sure there is some form of light stretching of 10s for main muscles used and there is 5 minute elliptical to begin with. Probably excessive, but when Im home, the body always feels good, there is no aches and pains nor do I get too tired to hit the gym the next day.

Mind you there is almost always DOMS in some form, which I guess is not a bad thing.

29th here, Aries ftw

You've got a power tower yeah? That's going no where quick.

I couldn't risk dumbbells, plates, bars etc even a bench out under a carport though, gotta be all locked up.

I did see this once though (think I saw it off twitter last year, though could've been here)

View attachment 1063591

Im surprised someone hasnt been challenged to cut that tree down and steal it lol.

Karma is cruel.

Had a good laugh at the gym today, a mate of mine at the gym told me there is chick at reception who is in her 30s and naturally has hit the wall, is salty as f**k because the owner hired two young attractive girls in their early 20s whom now are getting all attention from guys at the gym.

The best part is that this chick in her 30s thought she was too cool for guys in their late 30s and 40s to be chatting her up.

Nah its locked up.

Its a garage (lock up roller door) but theres no door at the back, its into my backyard though.
Working out in a garage would be insane in a good way during summer, like a caged animal. You would get an awesome pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back