Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the non alcoholic beers I've tried

1. Bitburger Drive (BWS)
2. Peroni Libera (Coles/First Choice)

Meh tier
Carltons and Heinekens Zeros, they're ok, but a little sweet. Would rather the top 2 instead

Yuck tier
Holstens, don't bother, the flattest most bland, flavourless thing I've ever had

i do play a lot of golf, few times a week on average across the year. And courses are tough, but i love it. swing changes here and there contribute to the overall body position.

how is it when you catch up with others, and the drink comes out?
I'm fine, I drove the boys around alot on my Ps, but yeah the non alcoholic beers kinda help fill a void.

At the pub it's hard though, so ginger beers/ales is normally what I'll have instead there.

Apparently alot of inner city bars do non alcoholic on tap though, just not in the outer burbs

From the non alcoholic beers I've tried

1. Bitburger Drive (BWS)
2. Peroni Libera (Coles/First Choice)

Meh tier
Carltons and Heinekens Zeros, they're ok, but a little sweet. Would rather the top 2 instead

Yuck tier
Holstens, don't bother, the flattest most bland, flavourless thing I've ever had
I'll have to try the top two, I find Carlton Zero too sweet for me

Empty gym again today at 11am.
Yes, I am just here to gloat.
F**k me, Im glad you posted this. It made me look at the date. 1st of March.Yep newbies disappeared, its basically gym rats onwards till August.

I had complete freedom today my gym was fairly empty, its not surprising I actually hit a few personal bests for the past 6 months. I just took my time and enjoyed myself today. No rush no fuss.

Yeh, I’ve read your posts and I understand your point, what I’m saying is, that shouldn’t inspire a homicidal rage that you seem to exhibit.

I know a guy who was like this once.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And every day is arm day.

Glory Be?
This is correct though

Did 4 sets of bicep curls to finish up with last night, 2 of them were drop sets (so I guess I did 6 sets)

Will do triceps with chest tomorrow, then I'll properly hit biceps on Saturday, probably do 10-14 sets with shoulders.

Get in there lads.

According to this book I'm reading called 'I was a teenage dianabol freak' the pectorals can handle 20 total sets a week over 2 sessions, 25 sets if you spread them out over 3 sessions, and up to 35 sets a week if you train them everyday (we take sunday off because of god).

If you will it, it is no dream.

This is correct though

Did 4 sets of bicep curls to finish up with last night, 2 of them were drop sets (so I guess I did 6 sets)

Will do triceps with chest tomorrow, then I'll properly hit biceps on Saturday, probably do 10-14 sets with shoulders.
I break my week up with

Arms (bis and tris) and Legs
Chest, shoulders and core

Obviously you get some crossover doing shoulders and chest from your arm days but I find it works for me

This is correct though

Thats a lot of sets for shoulders? Is that per week or per workout?

I break my week up with

Arms (bis and tris) and Legs
Chest, shoulders and core

Obviously you get some crossover doing shoulders and chest from your arm days but I find it works for me

Push/Pull/Legs

I find it relaxing and enjoyable now.

Some bro's recommend, 5X per week, full body work out, but that seems to be smashing body parts every day. I like giving my body the time to recover and rebuild, even if minimal.

Get in there lads.

According to this book I'm reading called 'I was a teenage dianabol freak' the pectorals can handle 20 total sets a week over 2 sessions, 25 sets if you spread them out over 3 sessions, and up to 35 sets a week if you train them everyday (we take sunday off because of god).

If you will it, it is no dream.

I do 20 total sets on pecs + 2X push ups twice a week at the end of pec day. I guess 24 in total.

4 bench, 3 cable, 3 incline.

I do 20 total sets on pecs + 2X push ups twice a week at the end of pec day. I guess 24 in total.

4 bench, 3 cable, 3 incline.

20-25 sets is probably the right amount for an intermediate natural trainer.

I do 18 sets all in 1 session, but I take the last set of a few exercises to failure, and sometimes I end the failure sets with a few rest pause or drop sets, depending on how the shoulders are holding up. I don't count those mini sets.

All the cool kids are doing PPL so I may sub out the Bro Splits.

I've been looking at doing one of John Meadows mountaindog1 programs.

Pull
Push
Legs
Day off
Pull (pump workout)
Push (pump workout)
Day off

Thats a lot of sets for shoulders? Is that per week or per workout?
10-14 sets once a week for mine isn't much

Shoulders are more of a hypertrophy muscle group for me, if I could BB OHP then I'd target it differently, but alas I can't

I'd do something like 3-4 working sets of DB OHP 10-12 reps

Side laterals for 3 sets of 10-12 (started leaning up on the brick wall, works well enough)

Then I'd start supersetting with arms

Would probably do some sort of front raise (DB/heavy plate/ez curl bar) with a curl or a kickback or something

Then hit the rear delts, band facepulls with a curl or band triceps extension

Then incline rear flys with something else for arms that I haven't done

I guess it depends on time, but all up I'd probably get 15-18 sets on shoulders, about 10-12 if I have a lighter day or am pressed for time, around 10 for arms, though have done 14-15 if I felt good (will only do 4-6 sets for arms with back/chest though, my original post was 10-14 for biceps if I'm only hitting them hard once a fortnight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back