Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt make it in to the gym today, feeling wiped out due to lack of sleep and actually light headed too.

Normally I would go with no or little sleep, but having gone 7 days in a row, probably the body telling me to take it easy.

If it was "just laziness" I would push myself, ironically its a pull day lol.
I felt like this last week

Pushed through a few days, had to have a nap late Wednesday arvo before I worked out I was that pooped, but had a big 2.5 hour workout that night after the powernap (cardio deadlifts, chest and biceps), come late Friday arvo I cleaned the garage up when I got home (picked up my elite Dewalt workshop vac coming home Friday, magnificent to suck everything up), but after that I ended up having something to eat, did my Supercoach teams then chucked the radio on for the NRL and had a quick 40 minute shoulder and tricep dumbbell/band session at about 830.

Had Sunday and Monday off though, started sluggishly tonight, but worked into it, as I had yesterday off, felt I'll just do a classic chest and back day.

Felt like a 4/10 when I started benching, about a 6/10 getting through my working sets of flat bench and DB presses, but I ramped it up once I started doing incline dumbbell rows, did a few cluster sets of them then a few supersets of banded facepulls into rear delt flys, then a few dropsets of bicep curls and it left me feeling reasonably content, probably a 7.5/8 out of 10.

Not too fussed only doing a couple of exercises from each muscle group these days, I'll squat and deadlift on Thursday, so I'll probably improvise and do some vertical pull band exercises after I deadlift, like a pullover or something as I didn't do anything like that tonight, then on Saturday I'll bench again, but focus on triceps, so will probably get the band pegs out and improve my lockout before I hit shoulders again.

I think I'm getting alot better at mixing in different exercises of the same muscle groups more than once a week now. At gym for so many years it was train a group to fatigue once a week or every 6 days or whatever and I've been so programmed to think that way. I will never be a fan of full body training, it takes too long to hit every muscle group imo, but I can comfortably bench every 3-4 days now, provided I leave a bit in the tank after my first session, train different back areas 2-3 days a week, deadlift every 4-5 days etc on top of mobility squats daily, potentially I'd cope alot better with a strength focused program these days similar to what a powerlifter or strongman would do.

Also picked up those lighter dumbbells I wanted a few weeks ago on Friday too, got 4s, 6s and 8s now to go with the 10s, 12.5s and 15s, will likely sit with what I've got for a few months now until I pick up a few more plates or wait a bit longer and target some specialty barbells. Did half my shoulder and triceps sesh on Friday with the 8s, was elite, strict one arm lat raises in particular (no momentum), mad shoulder pump and no ego lifting, very satisfying.

And those workouts would've been efficient and not interrupted I'd imagine as every flog would be hogging the bench presses and dumbbell area
If I was smart, it would be the best practice to do legs Monday, then Push, Pull.

Most equipment would be free and available.

I have thought about it tbh long before you mentioned Legs on Monday. With that said, I am more motivated on a Monday because its Chest day.

Glory be. I am mentally shot today and couldnt make it to the gym, admittedly Ive got an upper back muscular strain and wanted to be a little conservative (lazy) with it.

Compounding the issue, is that I have a craving for pizza.

Nice work Grotto.

If I was smart, it would be the best practice to do legs Monday, then Push, Pull.

I have thought about it tbh long before you mentioned Legs on Monday. With that said, I am more motivated on a Monday because its Chest day.
I'm really hit or miss for chest being the first lift of the week

Like Tuesday night, if I'm not feeling it, it will generally carry over to the rest of the session and will lower my lifting confidence for the rest of the week, good thing was I was doing an upper body day, so I still had a good back, rear delt and bicep pump at the end and restored lifting confidence which I will persue later this arvo.

Still got Saturday to get a few good push sets in though

Yep, I went during peak time on Tuesday evening and all of the benches and chest equipment were free 😀

Who knew good Friday would be busy
No one at the gym when got there at 5.30 this morning. Wasn't until around 6.15 anyone turned up. A mixed bag, as nice and quiet until nearer the end of workout (and just the one guy using machines, so not interfering with me). Downside none of the easy on the eyes female patrons usually there at that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went Saturday evening and it was dead. The annoying thing was it’s not really being staffed over the Easter break, which is fine as the staff are pretty good and deserve a break over the holidays. This has meant nobody to clean up after the other patrons, or tell them off for being pigs. There were mats strewn everywhere, dumbbells left in the corridor, about 160kg left on a deadlift bar unloaded...etc.

Incline leg press. Debating internally whether or not to take off the last two 22.5s

Decide to take them off, thinking if the next person after me is slighter than me, they may not be able to remove them.

10 minutes later a grandma walks in and loads up. Your guessed it. Two 22.5s

Straight after her, the world's skinniest person takes over from her. His weight? Two 22.5s.

So gunna trek into derrimut tonight cos I cbf loading up the plates, but I feel like a big old lat pump too, so will just machine it out

Problem I just realised

It's international back day

Might chuck a few bands in the bag just in case the brahs are hogging the tricep ropes again...

Reorganised the 5s through to 15s on the dumbbell rack cos I'm not an ignorant flog

Then I did 2 dropsets of curls to finish off the sesh

Found a good wide D grip row bar to do seated rows with, was the only cable attachment to have some solid knurling to get a decent enough grip, all other cable attachment bars, trash, so slippery, probably need to buy some straps

Went to gym again

20 odd people

AND THERE'S STILL PEOPLE HOGGING THE ******* SQUAT RACKS AND THEY WERE ALL DEADLIFTING THERE

GET YOUR ******* POWER RACKS BACK DERRIMUT FFS, OR SELL YOUR BLOODY SMITH MACHINES COS NO ONE USES THEM AND REPLACE WITH POWER RACKS AND BUILD A DEADLIFT PLATFORM OR 2 WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

:mad::mad::mad:

Went to gym again

20 odd people

AND THERE'S STILL PEOPLE HOGGING THE ******* SQUAT RACKS AND THEY WERE ALL DEADLIFTING THERE

GET YOUR ******* POWER RACKS BACK DERRIMUT FFS, OR SELL YOUR BLOODY SMITH MACHINES COS NO ONE USES THEM AND REPLACE WITH POWER RACKS AND BUILD A DEADLIFT PLATFORM OR 2 WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

:mad::mad::mad:

Derrimut spent your rack and platform money on the $100K wall murals. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back