Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started doing them with my back foot in a TRX strap.
Any movement in a TRX strap is 5x more difficult than normal. I'm convinced

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any movement in a TRX strap is 5x more difficult than normal. I'm convinced
This will be me one day in the trx straps.

1619161946588.png

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Minor update on the saga of the gym membership cancellation.

I got a call two weeks ago from the VCAT rep saying they had reviewed my case and the next step would be for them to reach out to the gym to try and reach a negotiated settlement. They confirmed that in their opinion my claim was valid but they were confident they could reach a negotiated outcome that was satisfy all parties which is their preferred process.

They spoke with the gym this week who refused to offer anything...

So it will now be fast tracked to mediation, if that fails there will be a binding arbitration ruling which my VCAT rep assured me would definitely be in my favour based on the facts but couldnt say to how much.

6 months later and no outcome and now the gym is being "adversarial" after being "evasive".

Will keep you updated with any further developments

Minor update on the saga of the gym membership cancellation.

I got a call two weeks ago from the VCAT rep saying they had reviewed my case and the next step would be for them to reach out to the gym to try and reach a negotiated settlement. They confirmed that in their opinion my claim was valid but they were confident they could reach a negotiated outcome that was satisfy all parties which is their preferred process.

They spoke with the gym this week who refused to offer anything...

So it will now be fast tracked to mediation, if that fails there will be a binding arbitration ruling which my VCAT rep assured me would definitely be in my favour based on the facts but couldnt say to how much.

6 months later and no outcome and now the gym is being "adversarial" after being "evasive".

Will keep you updated with any further developments
This honestly reads as: business tries to avoid having paying customers.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
This honestly reads as: business tries to avoid having paying customers.

It absolutely is.

I paid upfront for a 15 month membership and they couldnt provide me access to the gym for 8 months of that period.

The original contract concluded in November at which point i moved house (20kms away).

Im asking for a pro-rataed amount of the 8 month period. Initially i was happy to discuss any admin fees being deducted from my refund.

Now that we are here im asking for the full 8 month amount, the VCAT lodgement fee, the business search fee and now saying there should be no admin fee as any time and cost incurred by the gym has been also incurred by myself through having to pursue this through VCAT.

Pack of pricks.

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
There's a guy at my gym who would do something in the order of 30 working sets of bicep curls per week (6 sets per workout, trains at least 5 times per week), 80% of them are done right next to the dumbbell stands (getting in the way of anyone trying to pickup a dumbbell) and the remaining 20% are done in the squat rack...

I feel you brother! I can't even do split squats with dumbells
Walking squats with a dumbell can be effective.
I find I have a tendency to 'lean forward' during the movement so having the centre of gravity a bit higher helps to counteract that

A guy at my gym is doing heavy deadlifts and right in the middle of it (no exaggeration whatsoever, it was during a set), this chick asks him if he is using the bench near him. Glory be, even I wanted to throw plate at her head.

This same chick then comes up to me while Im unracking and asks to take a plate off my barbell. Glory be. Wait literally 30s why dont you????? Oh and before anyone says anything, there was 5kg plates at her cage, she just wanted to use the big arse 5kgs plates and for no reason either, she was bench pressing.

Big deal you may ask? I get shitty when I have to take off my big arse head phones and converse with stupid people. I dont like stupid distractions, I have no problem being disturbed for something reasonable. Like how long or how many sets, not that I do it, but I dont really care if gym patrons ask me. I do get f**ked off if a PT ask me.

This was balanced by the peacefulness I experienced by the girl squatting next to me wearing booty cheek leggings. :$

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
A guy at my gym is doing heavy deadlifts and right in the middle of it (no exaggeration whatsoever, it was during a set), this chick asks him if he is using the bench near him. Glory be, even I wanted to throw plate at her head.

This same chick then comes up to me while Im unracking and asks to take a plate off my barbell. Glory be. Wait literally 30s why dont you????? Oh and before anyone says anything, there was 5kg plates at her cage, she just wanted to use the big arse 5kgs plates and for no reason either, she was bench pressing.

Big deal you may ask? I get shitty when I have to take off my big arse head phones and converse with stupid people. I dont like stupid distractions, I have no problem being disturbed for something reasonable. Like how long or how many sets, not that I do it, but I dont really care if gym patrons ask me. I do get f**ked off if a PT ask me.

This was balanced by the peacefulness I experienced by the girl squatting next to me wearing booty cheek leggings. :$

That’s so dangerous, I usually don’t even walk near somebody when they’re in the middle of a heavy compound set. I’m not sure what was going through her mind, was she trying to pickup?

That’s so dangerous, I usually don’t even walk near somebody when they’re in the middle of a heavy compound set. I’m not sure what was going through her mind, was she trying to pickup?

No, not at all trying to pick up. Just absolutely bloody clueless, which is probably only reason why you wouldnt say anything, to be that stupid to do that, you would have to have no f**king idea of weight lifting. She does play around with weights, comes once then you wont see here for a few weeks. That kind of gym person.

Overweight old woman in her 40s.

She just literally had no appreciation of a heavy compound lift. Why would she? She is playing with 5kg dumbbells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back