Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Is pretty much my no1 rule- no gym on a Monday, ever.
-insert obvs joke about LD here-

I like it.
Ironically if youre going to take a day off, Monday would be it.

Very crazy, fast paced and chaotic.

I love Sunday workouts. You sometimes get a sweet spot, when there is no one there and all the equipment is just sitting there waiting for you.

Ironically if youre going to take a day off, Monday would be it.

Very crazy, fast paced and chaotic.

I love Sunday workouts. You sometimes get a sweet spot, when there is no one there and all the equipment is just sitting there waiting for you.
Sunday is my absolute favorite day to go gym.

Sunday is my absolute favorite day to go gym.
If today was Sunday, I probably 100% would have gone in. :drunk:

Being Leg day probably compounded it, while I like it, its obviously not my favourite day that coupled with not being in the right head space, made it a no brainer to not go in.

With swimming I'll massively go out of my way to go during quiet times. ie. Early Sunday morning (but not TOO early cos there are still some freaks that go super early), or late Friday nights are probably the best times.
Swimming has to rate as one of the most peaceful exercises you can ever do especially when your lane is empty.

Swimming has to rate as one of the most peaceful exercises you can ever do especially when your lane is empty.

There is nowhere I love more than on a 30+ degree day, getting to the pool about 9.30am + doing my laps in the sunshine. Then getting the hell out of there before the families start to arrive.

I love swimming, I wish I had my own pool.

There’s a bit of look at me when shirtless gyming. But don’t think I’d go to extent of abusing shirtless person.

There's a bit of look at me in gyming in general. Very few are at the gym purely to keep fit. For the rest there's a small to a huge amount of appearance and body image in play.

There's a bit of look at me in gyming in general. Very few are at the gym purely to keep fit. For the rest there's a small to a huge amount of appearance and body image in play.
Both sexes definitely, maybe a bit higher percentage with the women depending on the gym of course.

I 100% understand why its an intimidating place for someone just starting or out of shape. Its actually a horrible place to start from less than ground zero.

Which is why I have believed, if you have never exercised before, going for long walks and also buying some 2-5kgs dumbbells for home use is how you begin, then the next step is the gym.

I definitely ended up basically power napping between sets :$ actually went better than expected. Early night tonight though haha
Not sure if your sets were taxing or not, but those mini power naps probably helped you recoup big time for the next set. :thumbsu:

I hacvent done any gym work (weights) all lockdown. Well carrying shopping bags each of two exception.

Played a sh*t load of golf since it was permitted some two weeks ago

I cant even empathize as I know it would be frustrating/annoying/disappointing to not be able to hit the gym.

It might not ever feel like much, but walking, stretching and even basic body weight exercises (even cheating ones till you can do them properly) will at least give you some foundation to work off when you return to the gym.

Even golf, is still good. Its better than doing absolutely nothing, because everyone generally speaking should be able to walk for 20mins each day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant even empathize as I know it would be frustrating/annoying/disappointing to not be able to hit the gym.

It might not ever feel like much, but walking, stretching and even basic body weight exercises (even cheating ones till you can do them properly) will at least give you some foundation to work off when you return to the gym.

Even golf, is still good. Its better than doing absolutely nothing, because everyone generally speaking should be able to walk for 20mins each day.
Ai.

I struggle to take a leisurely stroll around the block, but a ball, clubs, flags/holes, bunkers, undulating fairways. imma gonna walk miles

Ai.

I struggle to take a leisurely stroll around the block, but a ball, clubs, flags/holes, bunkers, undulating fairways. imma gonna walk miles
Have you tried to listen to music as motivation?

Maybe track a course around your block and set up goals of beating certain lap times that it takes you.

If you can physically walk and are not doing any exercise, then this should be a non-negotiable several times a week.

Does he like Happy Gilmore as well lol.
When I saw this movie, I thought thats how you were meant to tee off. :$

Happy-Gilmore-Swing-Gif.gif

Have you tried to listen to music as motivation?

Maybe track a course around your block and set up goals of beating certain lap times that it takes you.

If you can physically walk and are not doing any exercise, then this should be a non-negotiable several times a week.

Podcasts yes.

Listening to music or pods during golf however is a no no.

I was thinking of music while you walk?

Its a suggestion that works for me, different strokes for different folks.

Hell I even used to listen to music while swimming.
oh right got it lol.

block walking is boring. I much rather play golf 3 times a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back