Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not go for a swim instead??
It is a good idea, if I had been regularly swimming.

Youre more likely to find me at the bottom of the pool with the way Im feeling.

Normally I like to go for 30min walk after weights. I was too exhausted to even do that.

It is a good idea, if I had been regularly swimming.

Youre more likely to find me at the bottom of the pool with the way Im feeling.

Normally I like to go for 30min walk after weights. I was too exhausted to even do that.

I dont mean do 1500M like Perkins :p

Just a gentle swim, taking it easy.

I'll be hitting the pool big time on Tuesday.

Will take an esky, some cold water + stay there half of the day.
Glory be its almost 30 degrees on Tuesday both Adelaide and Melbourne.

Is there a spa at your swimming center? I definitely would relax in a spa. Unfortunately they are all closed in Adelaide.

Tuesday 30 November Summary Min 15Max 29 Sunny . :blacksunrays:
Sunny. The chance of fog in the southeast suburbs in the early morning. Light winds becoming north to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then turning east to southeasterly in the early afternoon.

Sorry but I'm very excited. :thumbsupv1:

Glory be its almost 30 degrees on Tuesday both Adelaide and Melbourne.

Is there a spa at your swimming center? I definitely would relax in a spa. Unfortunately they are all closed in Adelaide.

Nah I've never been into spas tbh.

More a thing you do when I stay at a hotel maybe.

First time in 2 years, I left the gym half way through my work out. :(

Whats worse is that I was the strongest guy in the gym at the time, as it was empty. :drunk:

Absolutely gassed and exhausted. I slept and ate well too, so no excuses for that part of my life.

I can only blame the Moderna jab I had on Friday.Right upper arm is very sore too from the jab, but not to any degree to stop me working out.

Do I go in tomorrow or take a few days off?
I trained but took it easy for 3-4 days after my first jab, just did some easy maintenance at medium weight

Think I benched 110-115kg 5 days after the jab for triples, was the week I got my new rack, then the next week 11-12 days after the jab was my 135kg 1RM, felt good and refreshed for it. 2nd jab I barely noticed anything and went about business as normal, 1st one I had a sore arm and had really deep sleeps for about a week, so I guess that heavy lift came after a period of rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I trained but took it easy for 3-4 days after my first jab, just did some easy maintenance at medium weight

Think I benched 110-115kg 5 days after the jab for triples, was the week I got my new rack, then the next week 11-12 days after the jab was my 135kg 1RM, felt good and refreshed for it. 2nd jab I barely noticed anything and went about business as normal, 1st one I had a sore arm and had really deep sleeps for about a week, so I guess that heavy lift came after a period of rest.
Thanks for the feedback, thats good to know. :thumbsu:

It wouldnt surprise me if youre benching at a reduced capacity the first time was also as result of a new setup at home. Like going to a new gym?

Did your sore arm, impact OHP or any delts workouts?

Deep sleep I had this morning too, felt good, which is why I was a bit peeved that I stopped early. However, better to stop earlier in my situation then to unnecessarily push too hard, two days after the jab.

Thanks to your "bullshit of leg days on Monday", I cut myself some slack as I did legs again today, so twice in a week was fairly decent. Though I only did squats, dead lifts and pullups.

Your "bullshit" advice, I say in jest, it seems obvious but I would always start every Monday with Chest, by completing every cycle (push pull legs) its been a game changer to my workouts. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the feedback, thats good to know. :thumbsu:

It wouldnt surprise me if youre benching at a reduced capacity the first time was also as result of a new setup at home. Like going to a new gym?
Training on my old rack I had to leave reps in the tank and not go that heavy, would normally just bench 90 or 100, no collars as the safeties were too low and only protected my neck

Only benched 120 twice on the old rack, had someone training with me both times

So yeah, I guess once I got the new rack it was a welcome change. I also have better range of motion on my high pulley for floor lat pulldowns on the new rack too as the new racks chin up bar is about 5 inches taller, so got some ok lat work in too, though I just whacked on the lat pulldown attachment on the rack on Thursday night though having bought it last week and it completely stabilised and weighed down the rack which was nice for safety/stability. Did a few medium sets on that just to check the tension of cables and smoothness and stuff, then my mum used it yesterday afternoon, then I did some glute pullthroughs on it last night after deadlifting and did a shitload of tricep work on it this afternoon, but tomorrow it'll be going through its paces for back day, pretty excited as I can improvise more with the low cable capability now, seated rows, bent over rows, prone rows etc, don't have to use cumbersome free weights for some of those exercises now and just stick to bread and butter cable and dumbbell work now which is what I've always preferred for back.

Did your sore arm, impact OHP or any delts workouts?
No, the night I had my first jab I jumped on my echo bike and had a trundle on that to get some blood flow in there, just felt like a bruise, didn't bother me, was moreso just mindful of not exerting myself too quickly as some people have struggled in that regard going too hard after the jab and having funny things happen to their cardiovascular/respiratory systems

Deep sleep I had this morning too, felt good, which is why I was a bit peeved that I stopped early. However, better to stop earlier in my situation then to unnecessarily push too hard, two days after the jab.

Thanks to your "bullshit of leg days on Monday", I cut myself some slack as I did legs again today, so twice in a week was fairly decent. Though I only did squats, dead lifts and pullups.

Your "bullshit" advice, I say in jest, it seems obvious but I would always start every Monday with Chest, by completing every cycle (push pull legs) its been a game changer to my workouts. :thumbsu:
Legs early in the week at commercial gyms is always the way to go, guys simply don't train it until Friday or Saturday if they do train it at all. Wednesdays or Fridays or even Saturdays I seemed to find myself benching back then to "escape" the brahs hogging all the benches

Typical brah workout routine
Monday chest
Tuesday back
Wednesday shoulders or day off
Thursday shoulders or arms or day off
Friday legs or arms
Saturday legs or arms

But yeah, Monday chest and Tuesday back are the 2 days you can always count on the brahs will turn too every week without fail. Going against the grain and doing something else just seemed necessary for workout efficiency. Posted about it to ya a while back, but training at the St Kilda Sea Baths gym when I was 19 absolutely sucked when every man, his PT and his dog hogging the free weights area without fail every weekday I trained there except Fridays where it seemed a bit quieter, so it made me think of changing training day routines somewhat, which I eventually did.

Anyways, yeah if I were you I'd still train this week or keep moving, just temper back the intensity and frequency, maybe only do 1 cycle of push pull legs and not 2 and do some light steady state cardio like a walk or something. Longer rests per set, keep a few more reps in ya compared to normal etc then ramp it back up next week. Going hard all the time can burn people out too or tax their CNS, don't be afraid to have a deload week every now and then (not a week off, just a week at going at 50-60% normal output not ya normal 80-90% intensity etc)

Whenever my back is tight but I'm on leg day, I'll have a super long warm up and focus on mobility and loosening the hips up, I'll do a few feeler sumo deadlift sets at 60kg, then only max out at say 80 or 90kg but just focus on form and being nice and wide and getting the reps in. 100% the next week I'll be back up to 110-120kg and feeling better for it.

Man the pool was just glorious yesterday. Car pack was absolutely packed but then as soon as I went in I remembered the gym/classes etc they got going on as well. So the actual pool itself wasnt all that bad + I got a lane to myself. Did a very lazy 10 laps, took my time.

Today it ramps up tho with the PT at 11am.

I am gonna hurt.

First session back with cracked rib. Still a decent number of exercises I can do which is a positive

That's fairly hard core. I'm told broken ribs are extremely painful.

A former colleague fell off her bike, iirc broke 3 or 4.
They're actually fine if you don't move at all! I got the Xrays and Doc advice that I'm unlikely to injure myself further as there are no sharp bits so it's just painkillers for breakfast and get on with the day. I only have one clean crack which is much easier than mutiple.

Still WFH, I am working with a cushion next to me as if you push it into your chest it makes it far more comfortable to cough or sneeze.

No chest or chin ups at the gym, obviously went lighter weight and higher rep. Started with Bulgarian split squats superset with SLDL, that certainly got the heartrate up.

And the pain out of 10 when you do move??

I'd be the biggest pussy. I wouldnt even be WFH, I'd be on sick leave and in bed lol. I dont do well with pain.
Honestly it depends on the movement. In the morning if I try to go from lying down to sitting up quickly I get a sharp 7, everything else it's less than that.
I went for a half hour walk yesterday and even managed a few minutes of jogging uphill.

I've done ribs before, higher up breaks seem to be a more consistent pain whereas this is low on the ribcage so there are times it's fine but move the wrong way and the swear words come out. I was more concerned at the further injury risk and once it was confirmed I'm unlikely to do any more damage, the old 'use pain as a guide' comes into effect.
Paracetemol + Vitamin I comes into play too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back