Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

I switched to weight exercises before swimming. Even only lighter ones usually too tired doing it the other way around.
You used todo weights after swimming

Wtf
Credit!!

once did PT weights training after a spin class. never again
After a swim session I'd be more likely to have a nap than a weights session

Weights always first then swimming, in that order.

Irrespective of what cardio your doing, you should always place your cardio after your weights workout.

In a perfect world, you would do weights and cardio on separate days, if this isnt viable you do weights earlier in the day, then cardio later in the day.

But it just doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Get wet, having to dry off/re-dress etc, then do weights.

The correct order is put on bathers + gym gear over the top.
Do weights/treadmill whatever. Get nice and hot and sweaty.
Then strip off and jump in the pool.
If I'm working at the pool I'm always going to swim straight after, not going to go off and then come back again. Plus the public come in later and would get in the way.. Have to try and do resistance exercises it in the morning beforehand but sometimes I have other stuff that needs to get done then.

On other note there's no way I'd do leg exercises wearing knee length bathers underneath haha.

Weights always first then swimming, in that order.

Irrespective of what cardio your doing, you should always place your cardio after your weights workout.

In a perfect world, you would do weights and cardio on separate days, if this isnt viable you do weights earlier in the day, then cardio later in the day.
Weights beforehand is generally better but I don't think it's that black and white, whatever gets 2nd is generally going to suffer a bit, would depend on what your focus would be for improving that day/overall.

Hope you heathens are showering before you swim.
At the main aquatic centre in Adelaide, most guys hit the gym and then jump straight into a spa. :drunk:

At least the pool is Olympic size where you hope the sweat doesnt reach you lol.

I finished off my workout today with a 10 minute walk on a steep incline, nice stretch of the ribs and the calves felt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I just can't enjoy run, ride or swim anymore. Too many triathlon seasons and basketball and footy preseasons.
Fair enough it would takes its toll.

I run only for some cardio vascular fitness and importantly I do enjoy it. Twice a week and its just 20 mins.

Its a sweet spot for me, no leg fatigue when I back it up and I enjoy listening to the music so the time goes rather quickly.

I run twice a week, however I do enjoy it.

Other days, its just a relaxing walk for 30-45mins.
I try to run a couple of times per week. It was easier under lockdown when the gyms were closed and leg-DOMS far less of a problem

I can still mange gentle 20 minute jogs after leg day though

End of the day, run, walk, swim, free weights, machine weights, dance, housework, rock climb whatever, as long as you're doing something other than netflix n chill, it's going to be good for you.

For me doing weights second is kind of a necessity, cause I just couldnt be ****ed doing the cardio after them.

Yeah, on a day like this escaping for a half hour bike ride to soak up some sun take precedence over rest. Beautiful ride with the sun and a soft breeze

End of the day, run, walk, swim, free weights, machine weights, dance, housework, rock climb whatever, as long as you're doing something other than netflix n chill, it's going to be good for you.

For me doing weights second is kind of a necessity, cause I just couldnt be f’ed doing the cardio after them.
People underestimate the importance of incidental exercise.

For me doing weights second is kind of a necessity, cause I just couldnt be f’ed doing the cardio after them.
There's plenty of exercise in the "chill" part of netflix 'n' chill, last time I checked haha

People underestimate the importance of incidental exercise.
Stairs instead of escalators is a good one.
Carrying kids around a very good one. Shoulder rides > trap shrugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back