Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

I was in the squat rack and see a guy in my peripheral vision as I'm doing reps
He says something to me but my headphones are in. So I rack the weight, take off my headphones and say "Yeah what's up?"
He points to a DIFFERENT squat rack where someone had left the bar loaded and says "Are you using that?"
And so I said "no mate, I'm using the one I'm standing in"

And then he looked annoyed at me!

He says something to me but my headphones are in. So I rack the weight, take off my headphones and say "Yeah what's up?"
He points to a DIFFERENT squat rack where someone had left the bar loaded and says "Are you using that?"

Do you mind if I quote your post but respond to something entirely different?

It's much easier to skip an evening workout IMO, using the excuse of a long or hard day. Start the day with a workout and you may be physically tired afterwards for the morning, but the mind is still ok. By the end of a working day you can be both mentally and physically tired, so your willpower is drained.

Ive worked out regularly in various time slots between 9am and 9pm.

I have to say the most peaceful is the 930am time everyone is at work or in bed. It does really set up your day and also your program for the week.

2pm is not a bad timeslot, can be empty, but you need to get in and get out by 3 to 3.30 before all the teens from school come in.

At 5pm, it can be very overwhelming if youre not used to it, gym is packed and everyone is on something.

Do you mind if I quote your post but respond to something entirely different?

I once saw a campaigner use two squat racks at once and told a guy he was using it.

One for squats the other for OHP.

If I needed to use it, I wouldnt have thought twice. Mind you its only because I was bigger than him. :$

Probably would have crawled away if it was 'roid up guy. Tbh they wouldnt do that s**t in the first place.

2 18 year old males practicing tik tok dance moves between nearly every set this morning

Yes that beats the girl at my gym, juggling balls.:drunk:

It doesnt beat the guy that was using dumbbells on the ground, to jump over them.:think:

Yeah should have done it last year but think I will finally join the gym this winter, so hopefully have some stories :)

tbh I'd just buy the extra equipment to do what I need to do at home but unfortunately don't really have space..

You really dont need much space to get "some exercise" in and either get newbie gains or maintain gains, but to go into intermediate/advance stage you definitely need space.

Joining in winter is not bad actually, less people motivated to go. Just make sure you begin youre winter early.

Myself.

Bag packed, everything ready to go this morning for an early morning swim.

And I still cant drag my ass out of bed.
I really need to let this whole exercising in the morning I got in my head plans, go.

IIRC swimming in the mornings is usually very busy too.

I miss those swims.:(

You really dont need much space to get "some exercise" in and either get newbie gains or maintain gains, but to go into intermediate/advance stage you definitely need space.

Joining in winter is not bad actually, less people motivated to go. Just make sure you begin youre winter early.

summer bodies are made in winter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats fair. I have the same gym mindset as you (ive often spoken about the long term investment in big fu** off over ear headphones so no one bothers you at the gym).

I got myself a little timer and do everything to a set time now, i do have a 7 month old so i dont wanna be in the gym for any longer than i have to be (would much rather spend time with him).
Just fatten him up and bicep curl him. Win/win

Numbers are dwindling a little bit at my gym... but still had campaigners using the same equipment on a Friday arvo hahaha... you'd think I'd be able to get a clean workout in by now, but the newbies are delayed :)

IIRC swimming in the mornings is usually very busy too.

I miss those swims.:(

I can't do high impact cardo at the moment so I am back in the pool. I forgot about people with "lane rage" - its really ******* weird

Numbers are dwindling a little bit at my gym... but still had campaigners using the same equipment on a Friday arvo hahaha... you'd think I'd be able to get a clean workout in by now, but the newbies are delayed :)
Monday arvo... clean run :) woo... about 1/3 of the Monday crew were there, comparatively to previous Monday arvos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back