Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

My CrossFit box has a 4:45am session. Earlier this year I decided to start getting up and going to it. I did for about 6 weeks and there is something to be said for being up that early. But it's not something that I could make a permanent lifestyle change. Much prefer working out in the evenings.
I’ve started doing mornings (6am) with my sons night time sleep getting earlier.

Ir sucked to start but you start to get used to it and I now find I have way more energy during the day.

I absolutely crash at about 9pm though, couldn’t do a late night to save my life anymore.

I’ve started doing mornings (6am) with my sons night time sleep getting earlier.

Ir sucked to start but you start to get used to it and I now find I have way more energy during the day.

I absolutely crash at about 9pm though, couldn’t do a late night to save my life anymore.
yes me too...9 pm zzzzzz

my bodyclock wakes me up at 4:30 am without fail...it just works.

yes me too...9 pm zzzzzz

my bodyclock wakes me up at 4:30 am without fail...it just works.

Thought this was just me haha.
Same.

Sometimes though my body clock likes to f**k around with me.

Last night I was up to around 11.30 and my body me woke up today at 4am.

Of course I feel delirious now, lol.

I still hit the gym and had leg day too. It worked only because I had a massive sleep the night before, otherwise no way would I have gone to the gym off a few hours of sleep.

I have gone to the gym on literally no sleep. Did it once and actually broke a PR both running and weights. :drunk:

Its nothing to brag about, its not like the PR are impressive or anything lol. :D

Mind you those were the days I was new to pre workout energy drinks.:think:

Hitting gym early tomorrow before GF BBQ.
Saturdays off for me now

Just hasn't worked for me last 2 months with work during the week

Sunday-Friday with 1 of a Tuesday or Wednesday off, though a Wednesday off is better for my split

Saturdays off for me now

Just hasn't worked for me last 2 months with work during the week

Sunday-Friday with 1 of a Tuesday or Wednesday off, though a Wednesday off is better for my split

I still remember you telling me to do Legs on a Monday, when its National Chest Day, as I wanted to skip it. Ive always now maintained, Push, Pull, Legs.

I think taking any day off is fine, if it suits your schedule,lifestyle and training routine.

In a perfect world, I would love to take a Saturday or Sunday off, but hitting the gym early on these days are a blessing. Gym is basically empty and Im foolish not to go.

In regards to rest days now, I just listen to my body, sometimes its after every 3 or 4 workouts, sometimes I can go for several days in a row like 8 or 9, inevitably it will lead to a day off which is fine.

Gym is both mental and physical rest for me. I consider going as always good thing. Motivation is a bit harder for leg day, but I have tweaked things a bit on this day to make it more enjoyable and its paid off.

I still remember you telling me to do Legs on a Monday, when its National Chest Day, as I wanted to skip it. Ive always now maintained, Push, Pull, Legs.

I think taking any day off is fine, if it suits your schedule,lifestyle and training routine.

In a perfect world, I would love to take a Saturday or Sunday off, but hitting the gym early on these days are a blessing. Gym is basically empty and Im foolish not to go.

In regards to rest days now, I just listen to my body, sometimes its after every 3 or 4 workouts, sometimes I can go for several days in a row like 8 or 9, inevitably it will lead to a day off which is fine.

Gym is both mental and physical rest for me. I consider going as always good thing. Motivation is a bit harder for leg day, but I have tweaked things a bit on this day to make it more enjoyable and its paid off.
Yeah I'm doing chest on national chest day again, but it's day 2 of my split for me 😂 will either deadlift or hit legs on the Sunday (legs this week as I deadlifted and rowed yesterday afternoon)

Have tried Mon-Thur and Saturday's with Friday/Sunday off, but I just cbf come the weekend, but anyways

Yeah that's good you're getting results, they strength results or aesthetic?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm doing chest on national chest day again, but it's day 2 of my split for me 😂 will either deadlift or hit legs on the Sunday (legs this week as I deadlifted and rowed yesterday afternoon)

Have tried Mon-Thur and Saturday's with Friday/Sunday off, but I just cbf come the weekend, but anyways

Yeah that's good you're getting results, they strength results or aesthetic?

Ive improved with strength and aesthetics, then again I thought I did a few years back and compared to then, its like chalk and cheese.

My body definitely feels stronger and better which is very important for me. I dont get niggles/injuries which is a positive.

You can still be consistent and have a cbf attitude. As long as each week you hit the weights. with that said having the odd week off is good Most weeks its two times Push/Pull/Legs, sometimes I only get one cycle in, ie push/pull/legs which is fine, it helps the body to heal and get stronger too.

Your chat with me earlier in the year regarding legs helped (maybe it was last year lol, I cant remember) but Ive been respectful of hitting legs and never skipping it.:thumbsu:

Ive really appreciated your advice on here and its guided me. Im no expert, but I think I have now a solid beginner/intermediate understanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive improved with strength and aesthetics, then again I thought I did a few years back and compared to then, its like chalk and cheese.

My body definitely feels stronger and better which is very important for me. I dont get niggles/injuries which is a positive.

You can still be consistent and have a cbf attitude. As long as each week you hit the weights. with that said having the odd week off is good Most weeks its two times Push/Pull/Legs, sometimes I only get one cycle in, ie push/pull/legs which is fine, it helps the body to heal and get stronger too.

Your chat with me earlier in the year regarding legs helped (maybe it was last year lol, I cant remember) but Ive been respectful of hitting legs and never skipping it.:thumbsu:

Ive really appreciated your advice on here and its guided me. Im no expert, but I think I have now a solid beginner/intermediate understanding.
No worries mate, glad I could help, I'm no expert, but yeah I definitely try and take as much advice in as I can, try a few things out and see what works implementing to my own training

Training legs once a week definitely helps the body, key stabiliser for the upper body lifts, I definitely struggle the weeks after I miss a legs day, the posterior chain doesn't feel as strong.

No worries mate, glad I could help, I'm no expert, but yeah I definitely try and take as much advice in as I can, try a few things out and see what works implementing to my own training

Training legs once a week definitely helps the body, key stabiliser for the upper body lifts, I definitely struggle the weeks after I miss a legs day, the posterior chain doesn't feel as strong.

I thought this was a load of garbage and gym bro stuff, posterior chain.

Then I decided to add lunges and RDL's to my workouts, wowee.......

Same.

Sometimes though my body clock likes to f**k around with me.

Last night I was up to around 11.30 and my body me woke up today at 4am.

Of course I feel delirious now, lol.

I still hit the gym and had leg day too. It worked only because I had a massive sleep the night before, otherwise no way would I have gone to the gym off a few hours of sleep.

I have gone to the gym on literally no sleep. Did it once and actually broke a PR both running and weights. :drunk:

Its nothing to brag about, its not like the PR are impressive or anything lol. :D

I went for a random second run at 7pm in an attempt to help us stay up later and not wake up at 4pm haha.

Bought a tub of Core Fury yesterday seeing it had pretty positive reviews over in America amd my local supps store started selling it (not many Melbourne supps stores stock it).

Was actually getting a sick back pump in my lats at the end of yesterday's workout using it (deadlifted first, then did shrugs, then did bent over dumbbell rows then finished with standing pullovers and facepulls), finished my workout strong too, pretty clean energy, nothing really strong, but strong enough to feel it.

Started to get the pump towards my last set of rows, then it came on hard with the pullovers and hung around for a good half hour after my workout.

Will be interesting taking it again come Monday for chest then Thursday for shoulders and triceps to see if I get bigger prolonged pumps and if I get any general power boost from it, even if it's just a placebo. I found with the old pump formula I took it would blow my shoulders up in particular on any old upper body day, but would only last 15-20 minutes :( I have heard some formulas have prolonged pumps though, so hopefully this is one of them (also costs a premium at $79.95 a tub which is $4 a double scoop serve, rather than $60-70 a tub what most pre's seem to be)

Wife got bullied last week by an arrogant c**t who wouldn’t let her work in whilst he selfishly used two machines during peak hour.

I called him out on it but the prick just tells me to “f**k off.”

Gym management at FF Richmond does nothing about it.🤬

Wife got bullied last week by an arrogant c**t who wouldn’t let her work in whilst he selfishly used two machines during peak hour.

If the dude is too big and roided up to risk a physical altercation my suggestion is sometimes when dealing with these types you have to get dirty and go down into the trenches. Something like work out what car he drives and then leaving one day in a couple of weeks casually key it from end to end.

Thats a f**ked up situation. What a f**king hero.

Depending on exactly which machine in question, I generally wouldnt mind or would share with someone if they asked and it was packed.

Amongst other gym users, there is a casual form of etiquette where you dont mind sharing depending on the situation.

A roided up guy at my gym does this but to a lesser extent. Uses about 4-5 machines at once and leaves different objects at each station, drink bottle, towel, phone etc etc. However he doesnt mind if you jump in when you are on another machine. It f**ks me off, but at least you can use the machine.

In my experience, PT's are the worst, teaching their clients who are newbies generally to superset. So they do a circuit of about 3 different things. This really f**ks me off, because generally they dont like to share.

With a couple of PT's its getting to the stage where if I see them about to start with a client, I need to "guard" the equipment I intend to use next by leaving some crap of mine there. I dont like supersetting a lot, but anyone can do the lowest weight on a machine while using another and then hog it I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back