Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the reasons why I try to be polite and courteous to everyone. :$

:D
Element of risk but you would love to hang around to be just in earshot when he goes back to his car.

"OMG WTF?! Look what some ****in campaigner has done to my car?!!!"

The beauty of someone like that they are almost certainly an a-hole to people all the time so they would have no idea who did it to them haha.

I suspect this happens quite often to you.r

I would suggest a period of deep introspection to help strengthen those self awareness muscles.

Good luck with your fitness goals. :thumbsu:
Im curious mate, what would you do in this situation?

Personally I dont know what I would do if the guy didnt want to share, I guess I would be conscious next time he is around and "guard" the next machine I intend to use.

Element of risk but you would love to hang around to be just in earshot when he goes back to his car.

"OMG WTF?! Look what some ****in campaigner has done to my car?!!!"

The beauty of someone like that they are almost certainly an a-hole to people all the time so they would have no idea who did it to them haha.
This.

If he has the arrogance to not share and be an a-hole, this isnt his first rodeo of pissing someone off.

I know and can tell if someone wants to use the equipment I am using and in some cases share with them or tell them if I have one set left etc.

Ironically its how I became "gym mates" with a roided up guy at my gym.

Thats a f**ked up situation. What a f**king hero.

Depending on exactly which machine in question, I generally wouldnt mind or would share with someone if they asked and it was packed.

Amongst other gym users, there is a casual form of etiquette where you dont mind sharing depending on the situation.

A roided up guy at my gym does this but to a lesser extent. Uses about 4-5 machines at once and leaves different objects at each station, drink bottle, towel, phone etc etc. However he doesnt mind if you jump in when you are on another machine. It f**ks me off, but at least you can use the machine.

In my experience, PT's are the worst, teaching their clients who are newbies generally to superset. So they do a circuit of about 3 different things. This really f**ks me off, because generally they dont like to share.

With a couple of PT's its getting to the stage where if I see them about to start with a client, I need to "guard" the equipment I intend to use next by leaving some crap of mine there. I dont like supersetting a lot, but anyone can do the lowest weight on a machine while using another and then hog it I guess
Wife got bullied last week by an arrogant c**t who wouldn’t let her work in whilst he selfishly used two machines during peak hour.

I called him out on it but the prick just tells me to “f**k off.”

Gym management at FF Richmond does nothing about it.🤬
Geez it's elite investing in a home gym

No c**** to deal with

Went in early today to get a peaceful quiet workout on a Sunday. I always try and force myself on a Sunday (assuming its just laziness) because generally speaking its the best time to be in a gym when you have it practically to yourself. Which was again basically the case today.

Unfortunately when I got there, a guy was doing heavy deadlifts. I remembered why I got my big arse noise cancelling headphones, lol, which saved the day.

In fairness, he is every right to do heavy deadlifts and make a noise, its a gym not a chapel.

Went in early today to get a peaceful quiet workout on a Sunday. I always try and force myself on a Sunday (assuming its just laziness) because generally speaking its the best time to be in a gym when you have it practically to yourself. Which was again basically the case today.

Unfortunately when I got there, a guy was doing heavy deadlifts. I remembered why I got my big arse noise cancelling headphones, lol, which saved the day.

In fairness, he is every right to do heavy deadlifts and make a noise, its a gym not a chapel.
Wowee Planet Fitness

Daylight savings workout this morning - only 3-4 people in the place instead of 25-30, same time as usual

Daylight savings workout this morning - only 3-4 people in the place instead of 25-30, same time as usual
Well I went in about 7.30am and lost my mind when I saw 4 PT's with clients.

Of course I knew my Back day was going to be interrupted.

Two PT's taking clients 10mins each to do rear delt machine. FFS, they are newbies, rear delts should not be a priority in 60min workout.

Swapping gyms for my midweek accessory days

Found a $7 casual visit one instead of $10-15 like everything else, awesome setup too, much improved since I was there last briefly 7-8 years ago, they've really pumped in a shitload of cash into it, something for pretty much every training style aside from strongman.

My old Genesis membership that I just cancelled was $14.95 a week too (only went twice the last month I was there upon cancelling), so hypothetically I could go to this place twice a week and still pay 95c less a week than Genesis. I had to go to Genesis 3 times a fortnight to break even in regards to their $10 casual rate vs membership, I can go to this place 4 times a fortnight and still have nearly 2 bucks leftover vs the Genesis rate.

Thinking uses for this place

Overhead press/shoulder days
Daylight
Leg machines (free weights at home)
Back machines (free weights/cable tower/landmine at home)
Cardio (I sold my echo bike, so have no more cardio, prefer walking but)
Training when very wet and can't be bothered going to the garage risking water coming in or if I need a decent warm up

Though the main plan would be pop in on shoulder day most weeks unless I'm training with a mate at his place where we have the overhead room to OHP, then if I want to train there twice a week I'd pick a back or leg day to sit on a few machines and pump it out, though I'd probably fit in some cardio too to make the most of it

Deadlift and bench at home as per normal and whatever else

Will be back to training 5 days a week next week I reckon

Saturday: Pull day 1 (deadlift/traps/rows/some posterior chain etc)
Sunday: cardio, a big old trundle to get blood back into the legs and lower back/glutes
Monday: chest
Tuesday: 1 of pull day 2 (lats/biceps)/legs
Wednesday: the other 1 of pull day 2 (lats/biceps)/legs that I didn't do previous day, probably do a bit of cardio both days. Horses for courses, prefer legs on Tuesday to give the shoulders a rest from Monday bench, but if the lower back is tight I'll sit on machines for back instead and train legs the Wednesday
Thursday: OHP/shoulders and triceps
Friday rest

Gym etiquette looked not too bad on Tuesday when I went in, though they had a staff member put plates and stuff away every so often (something Derrimut could do more of)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to gym to train with a mate who is just starting out. Gym was almost completely empty except this manlet who has left dumbells all over the place. I didn't think much of it because there was plenty of free space and empty benches. We start training and my mate's doing supersets of dumbbell flys and dumbbell curls in this completely empty corner of the gym.

Lo and behold the manlet starts doing reverse crunches on the EXACT bench my friend was using after he got up to do dumbbell curls. It was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen in my life so of course I had to go and mock him by doing over-exaggerated reverse crunches on a lat-pull-down machine while grunting. Little mate wasn't too happy with me and asked me what MY PROBLEM is. "Are you for real" were the only words I could muster before walking away while looking over his forehead.

Anyways manlet went to bitch at the gym manager for about 10 minutes. Nothing came out of it and my mate and I trained for another hour without any disturbances. Manager didn't even come chat to us which makes me think this probably isn't the first time little man had to overcompensate. Reminds me of why I have a home gym now.

Went to gym to train with a mate who is just starting out. Gym was almost completely empty except this manlet who has left dumbells all over the place. I didn't think much of it because there was plenty of free space and empty benches. We start training and my mate's doing supersets of dumbbell flys and dumbbell curls in this completely empty corner of the gym.

Lo and behold the manlet starts doing reverse crunches on the EXACT bench my friend was using after he got up to do dumbbell curls. It was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen in my life so of course I had to go and mock him by doing over-exaggerated reverse crunches on a lat-pull-down machine while grunting. Little mate wasn't too happy with me and asked me what MY PROBLEM is. "Are you for real" were the only words I could muster before walking away while looking over his forehead.

Anyways manlet went to bitch at the gym manager for about 10 minutes. Nothing came out of it and my mate and I trained for another hour without any disturbances. Manager didn't even come chat to us which makes me think this probably isn't the first time little man had to overcompensate. Reminds me of why I have a home gym now.
Home gym ftw baby

Had the sickest workout I've had this year I reckon last night, 75 minutes of just going absolutely ham

Core Fury is a bloody good preworkout, it doesn't hit you hard, but the synergism of the formula is amazing, the nootropics in there are on point, you feel good training on it plus get the focus to go hard every set to go with it, the energy is sustainable with no crashes probably because of the slow release caffeine in it and any power placebo affect I get is rock solid, pumps are hit or miss, some days I get them others I don't but not a big problem there, I'll just stack it if I want a pump.

But yeah, some nice pieces I used/saw

*OHPd out of another Iron Edge rig
*Smith machine shoulder pressed out of a Hammerstrength smith
*Close grip benched out of a Verve competition bench press
*Smashed out a heap of laterals, fronts and rears with Hammerstrength dumbbells (nice thick handles on them too, knurling not too bad, not too aggressive but not soft either, also 2 dedicated full sized dumbbell areas in different rooms, way better than Derrimut)
*Then went ham on whatever functional trainer or cable crossover I could find (about 5 there, so if a few are being hogged there should be a spare one somewhere), smashed out the facepulls, pushdowns, overhead extensions etc

They have a reverse hyper and 2 monolifts out the back too, powerlifters are covered pretty well for example. I've had 2 membership stints there in the past but never lasted long because of the back, but it's different this time around having finally managed those problems, so hopefully can get a decent run in this time around and make some serious gainz.

Sesh this morning was great but man it was humid.

Pouring sweat by the end of it.

Didn’t annoy me but if anyone came to phantoms gym it probably would have annoyed them plenty
The irony. I love when its hot and humid, makes the sessions more enjoyable.

It was in the 20s degrees today in Adelaide and the A/C was set to 18. FFS, seriously do we need a gym that cold?

Finished my weights session and got put off by just how cold it was and decided to skip cardio.

Mind you I was already shitty today to begin with, one machine was not working properly, tweaked my tennis elbow and had to be subjected to a mother training her son to do bench press. (about 12-14, its School holidays here)

Nothing wrong with the kid training, but the mother is spotting her son, while he is doing 5kgs on each side and struggling to do a single rep. I mean FFS, he should be benching the bar only with perfect form before you graduate to adding plates.

Before you campaigners start laughing at me, if you want AC on thats fine, just have it on the entire time. Dont just randomly decide to turn on then back off.

The irony. I love when its hot and humid, makes the sessions more enjoyable.

It was in the 20s degrees today in Adelaide and the A/C was set to 18. FFS, seriously do we need a gym that cold?

Finished my weights session and got put off by just how cold it was and decided to skip cardio.

Mind you I was already shitty today to begin with, one machine was not working properly, tweaked my tennis elbow and had to be subjected to a mother training her son to do bench press. (about 12-14, its School holidays here)

Nothing wrong with the kid training, but the mother is spotting her son, while he is doing 5kgs on each side and struggling to do a single rep. I mean FFS, he should be benching the bar only with perfect form before you graduate to adding plates.

Before you campaigners start laughing at me, if you want AC on thats fine, just have it on the entire time. Dont just randomly decide to turn on then back off.
I think the AC/fan debate has been had before and it got, pardon the pun, pretty heated…

I’ll see myself out

I think the AC/fan debate has been had before and it got, pardon the pun, pretty heated…

I’ll see myself out
lol.

As I mentioned previously on this topic, have it on all the time if you want or set at a certain temp, but dont just turn it on and off because your client asks.

Firmly disagree. If you want a fan fine, I’ll abide, anything else is no good

Temperature is so subjective. People from hotter climates handle the heat and humidity. Vice versa.

And sweat is so personal. Some can’t sweat. Some can and love it.
Exactly correct.

A fan is a happy medium.

Temperature is subjective and valid, as different people have different levels of tolerance, having extremes is not good for everyone, be it hot or cold. Not to mention sweating varies from person to person as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back