Irving Mosquito, we hardly knew ye: Essendon bid and Hawthorn passes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got permission from Irving's guardians to capture this video off his Facebook and upload it to Youtube to make it easier to share...
Here are the moments of him being drafted.

You can't help but be excited for the kid. Hope he does well.

I got permission from Irving's guardians to capture this video off his Facebook and upload it to Youtube to make it easier to share...
Here are the moments of him being drafted.

Awesome mate! that’s very nice of you.

But why didn’t we draft him?
I don't know Irving Mosquito, I never met Irving Mosquito or had any contact with him, but I'm sorry, I can't go on.

That's OK: your tears say more than real evidence ever could.

I know the draft is crammed full of kids with unknown potential, but I feel this one's gonna bite us. Good luck Irv.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you don't signal it to the Drug cheats ...you say we will much and hopefully they don't touch him then we pick him with pick 90...what are we a charity to the Drug cheats ?
.....because our recruiting staff are more objective and sensible than that.

I know this is all major speculation at this stage as the season is still a while away but here I go.
We lost the Shiel deal to Ess. & then turned all our energies & picks to acquiring Wingard.
Ess. paid for Shiel with a 1st round pick & future 1st Rounder. They got Mozzie with their 2nd rounder.
We got Wingard for our 1st Round pick + 2nd Round pick + Burton (= 1st round pick ) I'm not going to worry about the swapping of the late future picks as the're futile & meaningless in this exercise.
I like the addition of Wingard, but feel we payed overs & that bolded pick would of helped us acquire another quality kid into our system.
Not saying we should of used it for Mozzie but the're could of been another situation of us trading down etc.
I just feel we should of kept that 2nd Round pick & that this years 1st & Burton was adequate.
Also having just won the VFL flag, usually means great depth at your club. For some reason i'm still skeptical in this area.
It was a fantastic win by the boys, but do remember they got their by the skins of their teeth.
I still see holes in all areas around the ground & unless a lot of improvement from they guys we have put faith in I see us treading water or even a decline from last year.

Hawks don’t do sentiment. Dodoro tried to milk us going early like he did with SOS’ boy a couple years ago. We didn’t blink.

Good luck to Mosquito. He has the coolest name in the football and seems a great kid.
Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro said they were determined to not let Carlton recruit Silvagni with a later draft pick.

“I just want to keep the opposition down the road honest, that’s all,”
“We weren’t going to let them get away with murder."

I know this is all major speculation at this stage as the season is still a while away but here I go.
We lost the Shiel deal to Ess. & then turned all our energies & picks to acquiring Wingard.
Ess. paid for Shiel with a 1st round pick & future 1st Rounder. They got Mozzie with their 2nd rounder.
We got Wingard for our 1st Round pick + 2nd Round pick + Burton (= 1st round pick ) I'm not going to worry about the swapping of the late future picks as the're futile & meaningless in this exercise.
I like the addition of Wingard, but feel we payed overs & that bolded pick would of helped us acquire another quality kid into our system.
Not saying we should of used it for Mozzie but the're could of been another situation of us trading down etc.
I just feel we should of kept that 2nd Round pick & that this years 1st & Burton was adequate.
Also having just won the VFL flag, usually means great depth at your club. For some reason i'm still skeptical in this area.
It was a fantastic win by the boys, but do remember they got their by the skins of their teeth.
I still see holes in all areas around the ground & unless a lot of improvement from they guys we have put faith in I see us treading water or even a decline from last year.
We didn't lose the Shiel deal to Essendon. We withdrew due to cost. If there is such a thing as losing a trade then Essendon lost the deal to GWS by paying 2x 1st Rounders.

Whilst you may wish that it was, Burton plus 2018 1st clearly wasn't adequate in trade terms (at least for Port) or we'd have got it done at that price. Do you really think Port asked for Pick 15 + Burto & we told them to take an extra 2nd Round Pick or the deal was off???

Essendon have gained two players Hawthorn were not interested in paying the same price for. That's fine by me, and even more so when we land a bunch of players who are both arguably better players and fit more of a need.

Essendon fans will just have to live with getting the players Hawthorn reject. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back