Is 100,000 members in 2018 possible?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope- it was specifically told to us when we transferred out from VFL members to AFL members that that's what the clubs get in return. Don't know where they got the $70 figure from. This value was about what the club season ticket membership cost at the time, its just that it hasn't gone up at all.

I think the change is the variable pricing now. They have determined they they consider a base h11 to be worth, and worked back from that.

Tbh thats not my gripe though, $40 bucks who cares

Its the $500 the afl keep that thr club dont get. Thats what the club is missing out on

I think the change is the variable pricing now. They have determined they they consider a base h11 to be worth, and worked back from that.

Tbh thats not my gripe though, $40 bucks who cares

Its the $500 the afl keep that thr club dont get. Thats what the club is missing out on
Just had it confirmed that its $160 per AFL membership that's goes back to the club. It was never as low as $70.

Just had it confirmed that its $160 per AFL membership that's goes back to the club. It was never as low as $70.

Source? Fwiw i dont have one (so never had reason to ask the afl personally) and i was going off a discussion a couple of years ago between afl members on here

It is still screwing the clubs. A rfc equivalent is 3121 whixh costs $1100. So the afl not only massively undercut this, they only give a fraction of the fee to the club. How is that good for the club?

Source? Fwiw i dont have one (so never had reason to ask the afl personally) and i was going off a discussion a couple of years ago between afl members on here

It is still screwing the clubs. A rfc equivalent is 3121 whixh costs $1100. So the afl not only massively undercut this, they only give a fraction of the fee to the club. How is that good for the club?
The argument about 'screwing clubs' is not something I was touching on, and I understand the sentiment. however when most of us AFL members joined, membership as it is now wasn't envisioned to be screwing clubs. It was stated at the time that we got equal memberships for our clubs and they didn't miss out. But since the expansion of club memberships it has created a gap, so I agree with the sentiment but because we tend to be long term members, you don't want to give it up as it gives us a pretty much guarantee of GF tickets. Anyway the source was the AFL itself via the membership dept so its DEAD accurate.

The argument about 'screwing clubs' is not something I was touching on, and I understand the sentiment. however when most of us AFL members joined, membership as it is now wasn't envisioned to be screwing clubs. It was stated at the time that we got equal memberships for our clubs and they didn't miss out. But since the expansion of club memberships it has created a gap, so I agree with the sentiment but because we tend to be long term members, you don't want to give it up as it gives us a pretty much guarantee of GF tickets. Anyway the source was the AFL itself via the membership dept so its DEAD accurate.

thats the issue though. its a better finals guarantee, better seating availability, half the price

and then in gf week afl members want to buy into the RFC allocation because they prefer it

thats the issue though. its a better finals guarantee, better seating availability, half the price

and then in gf week afl members want to buy into the RFC allocation because they prefer it
yeah i get that, but i asked this question as well. Most clubs have memberships of around 50k plus, so bearing this in mind these clubs wont allow GOLD AFL members to be able to access their clubs allocations as they basically can get tickets via the AFL. Also the SILVER members may be allowed to access them as they dont get guaranteed access unless its a team with low members ie NORF! Its up to each club to define it, but for us AFL members cant get access to the club allocations.

yeah i get that, but i asked this question as well. Most clubs have memberships of around 50k plus, so bearing this in mind these clubs wont allow GOLD AFL members to be able to access their clubs allocations as they basically can get tickets via the AFL. Also the SILVER members may be allowed to access them as they dont get guaranteed access unless its a team with low members ie NORF! Its up to each club to define it, but for us AFL members cant get access to the club allocations.

No offense, but good. You get so many more advantages that regular members, and thats one too far given how many members we have.

You have your own pool, stay in that and dont take a ticket from a tig with no plan b

No offense, but good. You get so many more advantages that regular members, and thats one too far given how many members we have.

You have your own pool, stay in that and dont take a ticket from a tig with no plan b
Haha none taken. Yes no plan b, that applies to us too now.

Had our memberships renewed this week. We tried to see if we could get an extra reserved seat for my daughter (there appeared to be one free at the end of where we sit during the season) but couldn't get it. Apparently there is now a waiting list for reserved seats in our area. They said there is a waiting list for reserved seats everywhere. The only thing there isn't a waiting list for is a GA.

Mental, gonna be big numbers next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back