Opinion Is 2023 the best League of Coaches we've ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

You bullish on the saints next year with Lyon? You reckon he’ll go to his defensive style like in 09/10?

I think he’ll pull out something and they can make finals tbh. 8th spot should be between GC, Dogs, Saints and Port. Lyon is probably the best coach of those teams. Bevo seems to have lost his touch a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They will be harder to beat I don’t know whether they will take a great leap up the table or not, I’m curious as to what happens with Max King as I think if he can kick straight they have a rolls Royce forward: I hope he doesn’t stifle him.

I guess it’s like Paul Roos when he went to Melbourne in a way - you know what he will instill in the side. I feel sorry for Ratten as his record was fine as it was at Carlton as well. He is a decent coach.

They will be harder to beat I don’t know whether they will take a great leap up the table or not, I’m curious as to what happens with Max King as I think if he can kick straight they have a rolls Royce forward: I hope he doesn’t stifle him.

I guess it’s like Paul Roos when he went to Melbourne in a way - you know what he will instill in the side. I feel sorry for Ratten as his record was fine as it was at Carlton as well. He is a decent coach.

Yeah I agree, imo Ross can fix them up defensively with the personal they have but they need another elite KPF to go with King (who also needs to fix his kicking badly)to be competitive, the best sides have 2. I think Harry Himmelburg is a FA next year. I reckon he’d be a great pickup, the tigers board reckons we should get him to replace Jack. He’s kicking at 75% goal accuracy, pretty nuts maybe he can teach King to kick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s a Saturday with cricket washed out the golf course closed and nothing to do but smoke darts and sit on my dot.

What else am I gonna do
Always knew you’d be a smoker but cheers for the confirmation. No wonder why we disagree on everything and yet I still think you’re alright. Smokers gravitate toward eachother

Any list that contains Hinkley instantly makes it Dog s**t.
So one s**t coach outweighs the rest you reckon. Reckon there’s a few s**t ones to be honest with ya

On closer analysis the OP is actually spot on.

All-time win records for AFL coaches rankings (total wins):

1. Jock McHale

14. Clarko
17. C Scott
20. J Longmire
21. R Lyon
25. Hardwick
33. Hinkley
39. A Simpson
41. B Scott
42. Beveridge
53. Goodwin
55. Fagan

So 11 of the top 50 of all time are coaching in 2023 - (assuming Goodwin and Fagan make it through the season).

Last edited:
On closer analysis the OP is actually spot on.

All-time win records for AFL coaches rankings

1. Jock McHale

14. Clarko
17. C Scott
20. J Longmire
21. R Lyon
25. Hardwick
33. Hinkley
39. A Simpson
41. B Scott
42. Beveridge
53. Goodwin
55. Fagan

So 11 of the top 50 of all time are coaching in 2023 - (assuming Goodwin and Fagan make it through the season).
Can you explain what All -time win records actually means?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back