Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it would good economical sense to upgrade PP, and then play the lower crowd drawing games there.
Blues V Freo, Dogs v Lions, Norf v anyone. Those sort of games where the crowd is only about 10/15K

The Richard Pratt and Hero's Stands need alot of work, especially the Pratt Stand. I reckon it would cost way to much to get it back up to AFL standard.

The Richard Pratt and Hero's Stands need alot of work, especially the Pratt Stand. I reckon it would cost way to much to get it back up to AFL standard.
But it is OK for AFLW ? Or do they not use when the Women play ?

But it is OK for AFLW ? Or do they not use when the Women play ?

I think the ground is a work in progress, and I would love to see those facilities I mentioned earlier improved. The toilets under the Pratt Stand are disgusting, with little to no work done on them since the stand was built close to 40 years ago.

I think it would good economical sense to upgrade PP, and then play the lower crowd drawing games there.
Blues V Freo, Dogs v Lions, Norf v anyone. Those sort of games where the crowd is only about 10/15K

Our home games average for '17 was 38k. We shouldn't be playing any games at PP. It should just be the spiritual home of Carlton and home ground for the women's team (at least until they're bringing big enough crowds where they have to play at Etihad...)

CFC should do a feasibility analysis to reinstate PP given fresh momentum.
State and Federal government will lend support to a significant grass roots project, I'm certain.
Club Members will all dig in too.
It would be of benefit to the AFL as lowly attended games will look inspiring again, our membership and profit will begin increase quickly also.
Prince Park is where the Baggers have always been, its home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been handed nothing but a plate of s**t for 20 years. I'm done digging in.

Agree thy, it’s been no fun for far too many years.
I still can remember Princes Park reverberating with passion and thunder after every gaol.
When we played the Pies well how does one recount that feeling to the young ones now?
I long to experience that again, got fingers crossed .
We’re in much better place and heading in a positive direction. Greatness and PP will follow soon

CEO doens't want games at PP, sees it as a step down when we should be playing at the MCG.

Which is a fair enough comment, but there will always be the low attended games every season even if we did get 70,000 members. An upgraded PP if the state government does invest in women's footy could work.

It doesn't have to be us playing there. The smaller drawing clubs could use it and not pay the ridiculous price they have to now to play at the big stadiums.

I read somewhere that if the Bulldogs don't get a full house at Etihad they have to pay to play there.

If this is true it's bloody stupid.

It doesn't have to be us playing there. The smaller drawing clubs could use it and not pay the ridiculous price they have to now to play at the big stadiums.

I read somewhere that if the Bulldogs don't get a full house at Etihad they have to pay to play there.

I understand it from a financial point but i hated it back when the hawks and bulldogs used OUR ground and ill hate it again!

Problem with PP is that pretty much the entire ground needs to be re-done including the legends stand (terrible viewing from all seats and incredibly tight).

Along with the cost of re-doing everything, would be the local residents objection to Carlton playing there and the rebuild altogether.

What Sh*ts me about this is that they moved to the area because of all the things Carlton, Parkville, Brunswick, north carlton offers but forget the long and deep rooted impact that the CFC has had on the inner north....bunch of yuppie a**h*les.

I would love to return to PP with all my heart...i highly doubt its going to happen though.

Solid crowd figures, for 2002.

Would need to be 35k+ to satisfy the requirements you're talking about.

With the AFL now owning Etihad Stadium, clubs will not lose money on games played there & will reap much better rewards for bigger attendances at the ground. This will ensure the AFL does not look to return low drawing games to suburban grounds.

CFC should do a feasibility analysis to reinstate PP given fresh momentum.
State and Federal government will lend support to a significant grass roots project, I'm certain.
Club Members will all dig in too.
It would be of benefit to the AFL as lowly attended games will look inspiring again, our membership and profit will begin increase quickly also.
Prince Park is where the Baggers have always been, its home.
I already dig in every year with my membership fees.

Surely the training facility taking out a stand was the final nail in the coffin.

There needs to be a rival Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon Played there in the preseason comp every year, that's close to the old days.

Surely the training facility taking out a stand was the final nail in the coffin.

There needs to be a rival Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon Played there in the preseason comp every year, that's close to the old days.

That training facility was short sighted imo.

However, I can't see the city of Melbourne or the state government let prime real estate like this go to waste.

A dilapidated stadium in the city will not fly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back