teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
And what pool is it they’re targeting....kiddies or Olympic swimming pool? aka money out of own club pocket or AFL pocket.....

Best way is to sell out PP in first round and another time in this AFLW season...people missing out on a regular basis is not one the Commission should be contemplating, it deflates people’s desire to show up and momentum is everything

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
And what pool is it they’re targeting....kiddies or Olympic swimming pool? aka money out of own club pocket or AFL pocket.....

Best way is to sell out PP in first round and another time in this AFLW season...people missing out on a regular basis is not one the Commission should be contemplating, it deflates people’s desire to show up and momentum is everything
How many other AFLW games were close-to or full capacity?

Liddle said last week that they are very keen on making Princes Park the home of AFLW however there is a real issue in finding the money to do so because the pool they are targeting has more important fish to fry at this stage
Pool of investors?

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Liddle said last week that they are very keen on making Princes Park the home of AFLW however there is a real issue in finding the money to do so because the pool they are targeting has more important fish to fry at this stage

Etihad/MCG upgrades/finishing off Kardinia Park/Moorabin (already budgeted) etc.

Dadadadaaaaaa

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Not sure how many have seen this but when I was on the Carlton website I saw this article today written from a Carlton Supporters perspective who went of that "Ghosts of PP" tour. http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-02-01/eternal-the-legend-of-the-suburban-ground

Its a good read and sums up pretty well the history of the ground and what it means to Carlton supporters.

Oh and btw, lets lock out Princes Park tomorrow night and crush the old enemy once again!!! I'll be getting there very early so I don't miss out, the gates will be closed by 7 and Gill will have to make that faithful address again.
Hopefully "Eddie Everywhere" will make it this time too:D

step 1 mission accomplished........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dadadadaaaaaa

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Here's some photo's I took before the game

upload_2018-2-3_13-38-34.png

upload_2018-2-3_13-39-27.png

upload_2018-2-3_13-40-14.png

upload_2018-2-3_13-40-52.png

upload_2018-2-3_13-41-25.png

upload_2018-2-3_13-41-56.png

upload_2018-2-3_13-42-21.png

But despite the fact the inside of the stands definitely aren't up to scratch and the seats were covered in bird crap, last night showed yet again why there is so much love for the home of the Carlton Football Club. The fans are the most important people in a footy club after the players and last night showed yet again what the people actually want. You can discuss the pro's and con's forever about what it will take to get the ground up to AFL standard, but no matter the cost, if it is what the people want, it should be the clubs obligation to deliver what the fans want.

What Carlton should do is send out a vote to the members with the question "Should AFL games be played at Princes Park?", but I guarantee they won't cause their too scared knowing that over 80% would vote yes. Still its the leased they could do considering we each pay over $100 each year to be members...

I reckon in the past 20 years I've happily tipped in 15k plus. Invested long and looking to reap some dividends quite soon. There will be people deeper in than me mind you. I haven't included footy food costs for HBF as I don't know if any of that goes to the club.

Raging Blue

All Australian
Oct 11, 2016
Half Time 1970
AFL Club
Carlton
18,500 spectators for Blues v Bombers preseason in 2016

24,000 for Blues v Pies AFLW in 2017

20,000 last night

The return to princess park has already occured. Anything more is a bonus.

New & old supporters have reconnected with the venue. A real carnival type of atmosphere too.

Let's get a few further improvements done like permanent light towers, upgrading toilets etc.

I'm sure there is a lot of young girls watching & would love to play for the Blues in front of 20,000

Did we get Harris & Stevens because of PP. The investments of the past are still paying dividends.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
yep lazy stuff - IKON should insist that s**t is removed

Not sure that naming rights for the ground = no longer a sponsor though?

Might just be the case that Optus is no longer the principal sponsor?...That, or they've just paid for TV ad rights for the Women's league.

Complicated business what!

Inadvertently he says .......Hmmmm.... I think he is getting worried CFC's kicking efficiency is second only to the Hawks on last years 2017 stats .....

Coincidence ... I think not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back