Opinion Is anyone entertained by these articles?

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-01-18/hawthorns-australian-open

I understand that the administrative and social media workers have to do something while there's no footy going on - but I can't for the life of me understand what appeal these types of articles have to anyone? Is it just to maintain the bare minimum of interest in the off-season?

Surely there's an improvement to be made here, I'd like to see 'Hawks as virulent diseases'. Shaun Burgoyne being the common cold as he's showing no signs of slowing and adapts no matter what you throw at him.

I understand that the administrative and social media workers have to do something while there's no footy going on - but I can't for the life of me understand what appeal these types of articles have to anyone? Is it just to maintain the bare minimum of interest in the off-season?

Surely there's an improvement to be made here, I'd like to see 'Hawks as virulent diseases'. Shaun Burgoyne being the common cold as he's showing no signs of slowing and adapts no matter what you throw at him.

Have you ever seen the types that get involved on Facebook posts? There are numerous people who pretend to talk to the Compare the Market meerkat mascot on their Facebook page - almost all of them are adults.

Articles like this don’t remotely interest me - but I understand their place so I don’t really get flummoxed when the social media team isn’t tapping into my direct needs. I think the Instagram folk should make more memes however to tape into the Instagram crowd, something I offered to help them with but they politely refused to reply to me :).

Have you ever seen the types that get involved on Facebook posts? There are numerous people who pretend to talk to the Compare the Market meerkat mascot on their Facebook page - almost all of them are adults.

Articles like this don’t remotely interest me - but I understand their place so I don’t really get flummoxed when the social media team isn’t tapping into my direct needs. I think the Instagram folk should make more memes however to tape into the Instagram crowd, something I offered to help them with but they politely refused to reply to me :).
Brendan Whitecross follows me on instagram and likes all my photos.

i clicked it, got as far as Ben Stratton is Pat Cash because mullet and moved on with my day

Oh these articles are just awful and meaningless - but that is social media for you. There's a reason things like Buzzfeed exist - people gobble this kind of crap up. Come to think of it - Buzzfeed and Hawthorn would make for a great "Disney Princesses reimagined as 80s Hawks players".

Arnie chats to them, so that’s good enough for me :p

91ADD9C6-A4A1-4A44-9BEB-9F20DB43F868.jpeg

So your telling me I am not talking to the real Serge on FB?

Next you will be telling me Santa ain't real.

Which Cryptocurrency does James Sicily remind you of?
Hawks as fungi
I'll say the name of an '80's car, you say the name of the first Hawk that comes to mind. Right, Datsun 180B

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which Cryptocurrency does James Sicily remind you of?
Hawks as fungi
I'll say the name of an '80's car, you say the name of the first Hawk that comes to mind. Right, Datsun 180B

Cyril - only because the Datsun 180B we owned was brown and would burn you on a hot summer’s day like Cyril burns opposition players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back