News Is anyone interested in sharing Kayo Sports?

Hi all

I am interested in getting Kayo Sports next year for the AFL. but am wanting to know if anyone has it now and was wanting share the costs?

Or would anyone like to go in with it next year?

1606169950396.png

Last edited:
Seriously when it says you can have three streams can they be streamed to different houses or streamed to just one house that has three tv’s or whatever ? Probably a stupid question.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 streams , 2 different houses I think.

Seriously when it says you can have three streams can they be streamed to different houses or streamed to just one house that has three tv’s or whatever ? Probably a stupid question.

Can be shared across houses / ISP's.

I'm going thirds with a couple of mates of mine that live in WA, haha.

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda

Used to be that the premium option was three separate screens. Not sure if that is still the case. I currently have the option with two screens which I share with my dad. We are in different states.

the only thing I would note is that if you want it in a tv and your mobile at the same time, that’s obviously two screens...

tje other thing to note is that the Telstra tv platform does not offer multi screen (at least when I had it) but the apple version does offer multi screen (up to four separate screens / streams on the one screen / device - if that makes sense). That’s a pretty cool feature when there is heaps on.

the Telstra tv platform allows you topick up where you left off watching a replay much better than Apple TV platform.

overall I’d say running through apple is better. And Kayo itself is awesome.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is it like 2 devices at once?
Do you register it to the device?
How hard would it be to transfer it to my mother in law over summer?

( she is into cricket , i'm not ).
As far as I'm aware you would only need to send login details. She could just transfer money and you wouldn't have to do anything.

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
For anyone that didn't know, Telstra is offering a deal to customers who previously used AFL Live pass - 12 month Kayo subscription at $5 per month.

To be eligible you need to be a Telstra Customer and previously been signed up to AFL Live Pass.

As part of this Telstra is abolishing the free live pass that you used to get for being a customer.
IMO $5 per month for Kayo is better than being able to stream AFL games to your phone or tablet.

For anyone already paying for Foxtel - you could cancel sports for the next year and save some cash by just using Kayo instead.

Last edited:
For anyone that didn't know, Telstra is offering a deal to customers who previously used AFL Live pass - 12 month Kayo subscription at $5 per month.

To be eligible you need to be a Telstra Customer and previously been signed up to AFL Live Pass.

As part of this Telstra is abolishing the free live pass that you used to get for being a customer.
IMO $5 per month for Kayo is better than being able to stream AFL games to your phone or tablet.

For anyone already paying for Foxtel - you could cancel sports for the next year and save some cash by just using Kayo instead.

well in the end i started sharing Kayo with a work colleague a couple of weeks ago. it was great as i got to see last week's AFLW match.

Streaming games data-free on phone or tablet was much better for me. Plus I found the loophole that if you start the stream then share to a TV, you could watch it like that (it was only blocked if you shared, then started the stream).

I'm looking at switching away from Telstra now.

Yeh it's a really good deal.
I was going to be signing up to Kayo this year anyway so I'm not complaining about it

Back