Is Australia racist?

Remove this Banner Ad

My ward is super racist. We all get along at work but there is a group of Asian’s who go out regularly and only foreign born people get asked to go. No white cacausians get asked . Then they tag themselves #asians blah blah. So a white staff member started putting up invitations to various events. Only white people attended. Lol.

Pics plz

Gold Coast Young LNP chairman to be disciplined over 'racist' Schoolies video

The Liberal National Party (LNP) says it will take disciplinary action against members of its Young LNP after a video was posted online showing one of its branch leaders smirking at a racist slur.

[...]

In the snippet, Gold Coast Young LNP chairman Barclay McGain begins by interviewing schoolies in the Surfers Paradise mall about a range of issues including what they think of the Prime Minister and the national anthem.

"Australian national flag and national anthem, keep it or ditch it?," he asks in the video.

He can then be seen laughing after one teenager's comments about Indigenous cultures.

"Personally, I'm fed up with having all these sport stars stand out on our stages and not sing the national anthem," the teenager said.

"They're putting our Australian jumper on, they're going to sing the anthem.

"I mean, we've got to stop celebrating a culture that couldn't even invent the bloody wheel for God's sake — we've got to start enjoying and living in western culture."

The teenager who made the comment has previously campaigned for the LNP.

Yes, but less so than pretty much every other country on Earth.

Go to Japan, all the Middle East, China, well pretty much anywhere, even the Scandinavian countries and you will find far more cultural rigidity and racism.

Just walking across the Phillip Island bridge with banked up traffic and a bloke slowed down and wound his window down. I thought I might have known him or he was telling me my dick was hanging out, anyway I stopped. He said:

“Mate I’m shitting myself got a ******* Asian right up my arse” and then he left. Had no chance to say anything but couldnt believe that’s what he had to slow down to say, guess cause I’m white he thought I’d find it funny too.

Just from observation, a lot of people of Asian descent are bad drivers. Presumably, the structure of our roads throws them off considering the nature of the roads in most Asian countries.

True enough, and if Aussies drove our way over there we’d be ****ed no doubt, they seem to allow for others mistakes a lot more easily as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but less so than pretty much every other country on Earth.

Go to Japan, all the Middle East, China, well pretty much anywhere, even the Scandinavian countries and you will find far more cultural rigidity and racism.

I'd say that is a fair summary.

We're better than most, but with a lot of room for improvement.

I'm a white guy (a group which has historically been very privileged and sometimes denies racism and sexism). Yes, Australia is manifestly racist (and sexist, and ageist). In fact it's very hard to make a case to say otherwise.
I agree.
'women in management programs' ie giving women management roles strictly because they are women = sexist
hundreds of programs and initiatives for indigenous people only, rather than everyone equally and evenly = racist

Can't see where we are ageist, however?

I agree.
'women in management programs' ie giving women management roles strictly because they are women = sexist
hundreds of programs and initiatives for indigenous people only, rather than everyone equally and evenly = racist

Can't see where we are ageist, however?
Yep, white men telling the black man how they should live. Agreed, racist af.

Yep, white men telling the black man how they should live. Agreed, racist af.
How exactly is anyone being told 'how to live'? Everyone is free to live how they want within the confines of the law which applies to everyone. There are no systematic disadvantages because of skin colour anymore. It's 2020 and there are laws against such things so I don't at all get how anyone is being told how to live?

How exactly is anyone being told 'how to live'? Everyone is free to live how they want within the confines of the law which applies to everyone. There are no systematic disadvantages because of skin colour anymore. It's 2020 and there are laws against such things so I don't at all get how anyone is being told how to live?

I agree to a point. I wouldn't say racism is completely eliminated from society but by far the biggest systematic disadvantage (or advantage) is your economic situation.

Are there any "dry communities" in poor white people places?

What do you mean? dry zones? None of us are allowed to drink in public and can be fined for it

I'd suggest anywhere where drinking is becoming a social problem on the scale some of these communities do, affecting their kids futures and health, laws are put in place regardless of race. Or at least I'd hope so

There's the Amish....There's also retreats you can go to, including joining a Hippie commune....There'll still likely be a fair bit of pot there though.

alcoholics anonymous would be the best place to go to for support in sobriety, short of finding a circle of friends who are non-drinkers.

I agree to a point. I wouldn't say racism is completely eliminated from society but by far the biggest systematic disadvantage (or advantage) is your economic situation.
Unfortunately, inheritance greatly favours some but not many. For most, your economic situation is your own doing via school, work, effort etc.

But yes I agree with what you said. It isn't completely 100% eliminated, maybe it never will be, but it's not anywhere close to as bad as people often claim it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back